Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This could all have easily come off as mean-spirited, but the whole thing was so delightfully playful, I imagine everyone at DC Morrison was roasting must have enjoyed this. The first issue was a bit too dense upon my initial read, but this one hit the spot perfectly.

Amazing Member

I really enjoyed this issue. Can someone help identify all the guest stars on the "wedding" page? I see Svengoolie, Vampirella, Nosferatu. the original Star- Breaker, Morbius, original Barnabus Collins, Bela Lugosi, and Tor Johnson. Most of the rest look familar but I can't place them. Thanks so much!

The cast of What We Do in the Shadows are on the left hand side, as is Vampirella (Top left). Elizabeth Bathory is the Elizabethan woman on the left side. Lestat from the Anne Rice books is on the front of the left side. Andrew Bennet, alias I, Vampire, is in front of Count Orlock (Nosferatu). Cassidy from Preacher is next to the Christopher Lee Dracula on the right side. Lilly Munster is three seats behind Lee. Alucard from Castlevania is behind her, on the left seat.

The three saints mentioned are Carmilla from the le Fanu novel, Yorga from the film Yorga the Vampire and Martin from George a. Romero's film of the same name.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

BLACKSTARS #2 was fun.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-11-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. Can someone help identify all the guest stars on the "wedding" page? I see Svengoolie, Vampirella, Nosferatu. the original Star- Breaker, Morbius, original Barnabus Collins, Bela Lugosi, and Tor Johnson. Most of the rest look familar but I can't place them. Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The cast of What We Do in the Shadows are on the left hand side, as is Vampirella (Top left). Elizabeth Bathory is the Elizabethan woman on the left side. Lestat from the Anne Rice books is on the front of the left side. Andrew Bennet, alias I, Vampire, is in front of Count Orlock (Nosferatu). Cassidy from Preacher is next to the Christopher Lee Dracula on the right side. Lilly Munster is three seats behind Lee. Alucard from Castlevania is behind her, on the left seat.

The three saints mentioned are Carmilla from the le Fanu novel, Yorga from the film Yorga the Vampire and Martin from George a. Romero's film of the same name.
    Good eyes. Don't forget the priest officiating the marriage, who is good ol' Vlad Tepes.

But is a clever way of connecting vampires in the DCU with sun-eaters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

Thanks for the info- I really appreciate it. It looks like Herman may be there, wearing shades, on the bench in front of Svengoolie. It's either him or the Universal Monster.
    So where's Grandpa? He was supposed to be Dracula.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I thought I could sit this interlude out because it felt a bit like filler from the solicits but the small excerpts I've seen from this issue and it's positive reception have me reconsidering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post

Nice. I can also see Selene from Underworld sitting next to Alucard and behind them it's David from The Lost Boys.

Good god i missed all these vampires refences!!! Am i a dunce?
    Probably reading too many comics and books at the same time as usual

Have to go back now

Bet you missed Salma Hayek too.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

Thank you and all the sharp-eyed readers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Good god i missed all these vampires refences!!! Am i a dunce?
    Probably reading too many comics and books at the same time as usual

Have to go back now
    I didn't even know half of the vampires mentioned.

The call back to All-Star Superman was interesting. Is this the same universe, then? Morrison's writing is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The call back to All-Star Superman was interesting. Is this the same universe, then? Morrison's writing is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Nah it can’t be, that’s just Morrison referencing his other work just like the New 52 Action Comics reference.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Morrison approaches continuity from the perspective of "It all happened. Everything is canon", so all of his DC work, irregardless of whether or not it is officially considered part of current continuity, fits into a Hypertime tributary that contains everything he's done as one history.