Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noisebloom View Post
    So I may need to reread, but does anyone care to explain how Hal defeats Mu in issue #6? Didn't quite understand it.
    Isn't Adam's wife took a gun and shotted mu in the head IIRC? Haven't checked the comic just said it by memory.......
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, she is. Gerads tweeted a new image of her and Adam.

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...63007149838336
    She looks kind of like Barda (If that is her. Kinda weird she'd be on Earth).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks kind of like Barda (If that is her. Kinda weird she'd be on Earth).
    Gerads responds to another tweet below confirming it's Alanna.

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...68022053777410

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Isn't Adam's wife took a gun and shotted mu in the head IIRC? Haven't checked the comic just said it by memory.......
    Oh wow, that was an important detail I missed. I thought he had to take care of Mu and the bomb at the same time...

Just a small question: The burning giant guy that Volcano-Lantern was chatting up in #11... is that Anti-Matter Man?

'Cause that would be cool.

That looked like the Anti-Matter Man to me as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison brought him back.

And him being "border patrol" is brilliant.

Finally caught up with this series and it has been great fun. Multiversity Guidebook in one hand and this in another, what else can you ask from Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Finally caught up with this series and it has been great fun. Multiversity Guidebook in one hand and this in another, what else can you ask from Morrison?
    Season 2 of this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Multiversity, Too?

I'm going to do a whole re-read of this run when 12 comes out next month (I do this with Morrison - absorb the surface details each month, chat on the boards, see what Rikdad says, then re-read the whole thing with new eyes) and am just crazy excited about whatever will be happening in 12 that necessitates those Blackstar covers
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Just a small question: The burning giant guy that Volcano-Lantern was chatting up in #11... is that Anti-Matter Man?

'Cause that would be cool.
    Tis.

Fox-Sekowsky all over this thing. And definite follow-up/clarification about the nature of the Anti-Matter Universe.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

-- When did we see the Qwa-Man before? Was he just a yellow-clad Hal Jordan like at the beginning of the series? It's interesting that he's now both Hal's Cyborg Superman and Hal's Bizarro.

-- I will need to read this again... What was Mu's plan with the setup? I thought at first it was going to be Hal running out of juice then when his force-frield drops he and Qwa-Man would blow up (or reset) the universe, but I'm not sure what the point was if all he needed was Hal as the "5th Element."

Not totally thrilled to see the set-up for yet another version of a Lantern Corps at the end ... but as with all things Morrison, I'm sure it'll be an interesting take.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-02-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- When did we see the Qwa-Man before? Was he just a yellow-clad Hal Jordan like at the beginning of the series? It's interesting that he's now both Hal's Cyborg Superman and Hal's Bizarro.

-- I will need to read this again... What was Mu's plan with the setup? I thought at first it was going to be Hal running out of juice then when his force-frield drops he and Qwa-Man would blow up (or reset) the universe, but I'm not sure what the point was if all he needed was Hal as the "5th Element."

Not totally thrilled to see the set-up for yet another version of a Lantern Corps at the end ... but as with all things Morrison, I'm sure it'll be an interesting take.

I figure that Mu's plan was to have Qwa-Man and Hal fight until almost death and then count on on Qwa-Man universe ending energy release to leave Jordan no choice but to reset the universe with the miracle machine. Him being weakened unable to return to stop Anti- Lantern and with a tempting opportunity to wish upon a better universe.

Didn't cross my mind initially but the original Parallax intended to rewrite reality, and now "Blackstar Parallax" is essentially forced to do the same.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Didn't cross my mind initially but the original Parallax intended to rewrite reality, and now "Blackstar Parallax" is essentially forced to do the same.
    Another connection, but didn't Sun-Eaters and their connection to the Controllers, as well as the Miracle Machine, all debut in Legion comics before finding their way back to "Present Day" later? And Final Night was the big present-day Sun-Eater whammy that led to Parallax-Hal sacrificing himself to death in the first place.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com