Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I'm down with keeping all six Lanterns from Earth's sector if we get some interesting mythology about Earth being "special" in the universe and their needed, as it has been alluded to/toyed with before, but not really developed...otherwise I'll just chalk it up to Doctor Manhattan apparently really liking Earth-born GLs.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Aren't the last issues Seeley is writing already solicited with at least one of the covers? Those would be in June, and Jurgens is in July.

I hope this doesn't pan out, I'd much rather have Morrison write Hal than Jess and Simon. I love Morrison and I love Hal, so that's the combo I want.
    He did acknowledge that Seeley was solicited when he shouldn't have been. This I feel more confident about because I was talking to the writer who was set to fill-in for Seeley.

Regarding Morrison, it was still unclear to me if he had insider information (writing the same book and all) or if he was going off of rumor. It's also possible for all we know that Green Lanterns could just be the title of the main Green Lantern book and still star Hal amongst other earth lanterns. But he did talk about Morrison as if it was fact.
    Last edited by soundsci; 05-07-2018 at 08:11 AM.

I think it's likely the book mentioned is actually GL Corps, and replaces the current Hal Jordan book, whose creative team is leaving at August's #50.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-07-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nah. I think Morrison can do wonders for Jessica, and its about time DC stuck to new characters they created, instead of tossing them aside to go back to the "old guard". Count me in as someone who wants to see Morrison take on Jessica and Simon.
    I don't see Morrison doing wonders with Jess.

She really isn't the kind of character I see him writing well or caring about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It might be a Jordan/Baz book, no?

Baz is the only one who can still play rookie to Hal's vet without breaking the fandom further.
    If they went with that dynamic, maybe, but I could see Morrison writing a solid Hal/John book as well.

Every characters in his creator owned work is like Jess, tho.

Esp. The Invisibles. Doom Patrol.

Morrison can write anything, so whatever Lanterns he wants to focus on, I am in.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Were Grant to do GL as the rumor says, would you prefer:

a 20 issue run like his Action run is approximately (#0-18), or more like his 40 - 75 issue runs?

I don't need 75 issues (but will take them!), but I hope it's more like 30 or 40 at the least.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

As someone looking to jump back on a handful of titles once all these creative changes happen and this "fresh start" happens, a Morrison GL book would be at the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

a 20 issue run like his Action run is approximately (#0-18), or more like his 40 - 75 issue runs?

I don't need 75 issues (but will take them!), but I hope it's more like 30 or 40 at the least.
    I'd like a two-to-three year stint so 30+.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

30 or above.

Action was way too short, so definitely more than that

He should've stayed on Action so much longer. So I'll say 30-50 issues. I love Morrison but he's the type that if you leave him on longer than that, you run the risk of him getting bored and then things might get really crazy.

So we're waiting on May solicits (for August) to see if anything is up with Grant on GL? As it gets closer to the actual solicits, I'm leaning away from this as Morrison on GL would be something DC would publicize.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    So we're waiting on May solicits (for August) to see if anything is up with Grant on GL? As it gets closer to the actual solicits, I'm leaning away from this as Morrison on GL would be something DC would publicize.
    Could be September solicits though too maybe, assuming there is no interim team or teams. As far as I know, no one has denied the rather attention-getting Morrison-->GL rumor. And a recent attention-grabbing BCool rumor (about reboot) was addressed by DC writers/brass on social media, so why wouldn't someone similarly rush to quash the Morrison rumor?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-15-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Is there a Con or something they could be holding the next wave of big announcements for, otherwise as has been stated by others, there is no way DC just lets the advanced solicits tell everyone of the future changes in Hal and Pals like the underwhelming Jurgens on Green Lanterns rollouts was released. Not talking overhyped Bendis is coming but definitely more than oh we noticed in this months solicits that ...

Mighty Member

Looks like that rumor turned out to be true. Someone posted that there will be two writers, THEN Grant Morrison. One of those writers will be Dan Jurgens, and it looks like he'll take over after the other writer.

Astonishing Member

posted where?