Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Something interesting:

I met a DC writer who shall remain nameless at a FCBD event and he seemed convinced that Morrison would be writing Green Lanterns plural. He told me another writer (again nameless since he said maybe he should’ve kept his mouth shut) would be taking over the last two Seeley issues, followed by Jurgens, then Morrison. I’m not sure how much DC writers get informed of goings on so take that with a grain of salt but that’d be very interesting if Morrison ended up writing Jessica & Simon.

So Morrison is actually coming

Fantastic Member

I’d still take it with a grain of salt, he could’ve also just heard the rumors but was talking about it like it was fact. That said, the Seeley issue replacement I feel more confident will happen.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I’d still take it with a grain of salt, he could’ve also just heard the rumors but was talking about it like it was fact. That said, the Seeley issue replacement I feel more confident will happen.
    Aren't the last issues Seeley is writing already solicited with at least one of the covers? Those would be in June, and Jurgens is in July.

I hope this doesn't pan out, I'd much rather have Morrison write Hal than Jess and Simon. I love Morrison and I love Hal, so that's the combo I want.

BANNED

Deleted Post.

penetrator of things

if morrison writes anything Green Lantern...I would love a "everything is canon" approach as he did for his Batman run.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    if morrison writes anything Green Lantern...I would love a "everything is canon" approach as he did for his Batman run.
    I imagine he would. I think it'd be easier to do it with GL than with Batman. They were changed the least in the transitions to the New 52 and Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Aren't the last issues Seeley is writing already solicited with at least one of the covers? Those would be in June, and Jurgens is in July.

I hope this doesn't pan out, I'd much rather have Morrison write Hal than Jess and Simon. I love Morrison and I love Hal, so that's the combo I want.
    Nah. I think Morrison can do wonders for Jessica, and its about time DC stuck to new characters they created, instead of tossing them aside to go back to the "old guard". Count me in as someone who wants to see Morrison take on Jessica and Simon.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nah. I think Morrison can do wonders for Jessica, and its about time DC stuck to new characters they created, instead of tossing them aside to go back to the "old guard". Count me in as someone who wants to see Morrison take on Jessica and Simon.
    Morrison writing Hal wouldn't necessitate Jessica or Simon to be "tossed aside." We even already know for sure Jessica has a series she will be starring in, so DC is sticking with her.

And I imagine Morrison would use ALL the Earth GLs in some capacity, regardless of who the main one is. Morrison can write a Hal-led book and still do some great stuff with Jess.

Mighty Member

Ohhh, that's a little disappointing if Morrison's focusing on Simon and Jessica, I was hoping he'd be focusing on Hal or the GLC as a whole Well, I'm sure he'll come up with something cool regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Something interesting:

I met a DC writer who shall remain nameless at a FCBD event and he seemed convinced that Morrison would be writing Green Lanterns plural. He told me another writer (again nameless since he said maybe he should’ve kept his mouth shut) would be taking over the last two Seeley issues, followed by Jurgens, then Morrison. I’m not sure how much DC writers get informed of goings on so take that with a grain of salt but that’d be very interesting if Morrison ended up writing Jessica & Simon.
    This would contradict what Snyder DM-ed a fan who was disappointed that Hal wasn't going to be in his JL book. He told the fan that "the big creator" would be working on Hal, so unless Morrison or whoever the writer is writes Hal, Simon and Jessica all in one book, then I'm a little skeptical about this piece of information. No offense.

Though frankly I'm rather indifferent towards the possibility of Morrison writing GL in general. I'm neither excited nor disappointed by this potential news.

Even if it's true that Morrison will be writing the Green Lanterns book, how do we even know that's even remotely true that Simon and Jess will remain in that book? How do we even know if it's the same Green Lanterns appearing in the title? Wasn't Deniz Camp excited for the creative team? He's pretty much a Hal Jordan fan, which I doubt he would be this excited if Morrison is writing Jess and Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Morrison writing Hal wouldn't necessitate Jessica or Simon to be "tossed aside." We even already know for sure Jessica has a series she will be starring in, so DC is sticking with her.

And I imagine Morrison would use ALL the Earth GLs in some capacity, regardless of who the main one is. Morrison can write a Hal-led book and still do some great stuff with Jess.
    I think El_Gato wants Morrison to use Jessica and Simon to the fullest over Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I mean, Jessica is still in a JL book and as far as we can currently tell, still part of a GL book with Simon as well. There's no indication to think they are being 'tossed aside" at this moment, however you choose to interpret that. By the way since Morrison wrote Kyle in the JLA two decades ago, doesn't that mean Kyle is part of that "old guard" as well.

I don't see them being tossed aside. Even if Morrison is writing a different Green Lantern(s), that doesn't mean they're going to be put on the back burner. Jessica is already in JL odyssey. They're Geoff Johns' creations after all.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I mean, Jessica is still in a JL book and as far as we can currently tell, still part of a GL book with Simon as well. There's no indication to think they are being 'tossed aside" at this moment, however you choose to interpret that. By the way since Morrison wrote Kyle in the JLA two decades ago, doesn't that mean Kyle is part of that "old guard" as well.
    It might be a Jordan/Baz book, no?

Baz is the only one who can still play rookie to Hal's vet without breaking the fandom further.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!