Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I re-read Grant Morrison's Supergods recently and his clear affection for the GL mythos is quite apparent all the way back in 2011. There's only a few bits here and there specific to GL, but I think he's had some definite ideas percolating in his head about Hal Jordan and the GLCorps for awhile now.

One of things that I never realized until Morrison pointed it out was how influenced the Silver Age GL stories were influenced by John Broome being a pretty big pot head. Hal Jordan's journey .

Oh sure listen to the advice of the bogeyed guy.

Was there ever any doubt.
    And just look at Medphyll's foliage, you know he provided an endless supply of the Green.

LOL of course this is the aspect of GL that Morrison taps into.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-01-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

I see that Bleeding Cool has started to refer to a "12 issue" Morrison/Sharp run. Is that new information?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I see that Bleeding Cool has started to refer to a "12 issue" Morrison/Sharp run. Is that new information?
    I can't locate that. Can you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yep.

I'm kinda not surprised they couldn't get a proper ongoing out of Morrison, but I guess for those who aren't crazy about him now know there's a finite ending to look forward to.

Though now it's a mystery what's going to happen after he leaves the title .

Who says he’s leaving after 12. ? Maybe Sharp is leaving,

BC says the team is doing a 12 issue run.

Frank Quitely please, gives him a year, to get his mind blowing art done.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep.

I'm kinda not surprised they couldn't get a proper ongoing out of Morrison, but I guess for those who aren't crazy about him now know there's a finite ending to look forward to.

Though now it's a mystery what's going to happen after he leaves the title .
    Well, a 12-issue run beginning in say October would have Morrison finishing about the same time as King’s Heroes in Crisis and the slow-as-molasses Doomsday Clock. That would mean the decks are clear in October 2019 for a run-up to the event Bleeding Cool is reporting for 2020.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

As I recall, Morrison said he's done with ongoing titles of indefinite lengths. I would love to see more from him but I'm all for his doing contained 12-issue runs, with clear beginnings, middle and ends, on a variety of DC characters, especially those he hasn't worked with yet. His Batman was great but his All Star Superman was exponentially greater.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, a 12-issue run beginning in say October would have Morrison finishing about the same time as King’s Heroes in Crisis and the slow-as-molasses Doomsday Clock. That would mean the decks are clear in October 2019 for a run-up to the event Bleeding Cool is reporting for 2020.
    I'm curious if that's also when the other creative teams Bleeding Cool teased will jump onto their books...

Mighty Member

I'm curious if that's also when the other creative teams Bleeding Cool teased will jump onto their books...
    Well, Kelly Sue DeConnick was at the DC writer's summit. So if she is taking over Aquaman, as rumored, I imagine we'll be hearing about it pretty soon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

when is this supposed to happen?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well DC announces top secret announcement for Green Lantern

Could very well be Morrison if it's top secret. This might be bigger than I imagined becuase I thought it was going to be just another relaunch but it's seems like there big plans. Here's hoping the Green Lantern books become big again.

Yeah, if it's "top-secret," then it seems like DC is treating it like a big deal.

Even though Bleeding Cool, obviously, already spilled the beans .

BANNED

Yeah, if it's "top-secret," then it seems like DC is treating it like a big deal.

Even though Bleeding Cool, obviously, already spilled the beans .
    I remember when people just announced stuff, instead of making announcements about announcements.

So it looks like everyone has to wait until August?

That's just crazy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So it looks like everyone has to wait until August?

That's just crazy.
    I don't think DC Nation announces new stuff, it usually just recaps news. SDCC is in two weeks so I assume they'll announce it there (I hope).