Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Big Morrison fan here, so of course I'm interested in seeing what he has planned. I'll admit to being a bit worried....Grant can get a little 'out there' sometimes and he's already mentioned exploring some of the weirder things the ring can do. I don't want him to get too crazy with the ring, man. I'm also not too keen on this 'Guardians of the Multiverse' thing. Hopefully it's just a group of Guardians from various timelines who might get together and compare notes, like a Council of Reeds over at Marvel. Grant's just the type to do something with Pol Manning, and I've always been fascinated with that somewhat obscure piece of Hal's history.

This might be pretty cool. I hope so.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Maybe Morrison will bring back Itty as well...

Man, I hope so. I like the idea of Super Pets and I like such a space based character like Hal having a weird space pet.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He totally would .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    just think of all the crazy lanterns morrison now has access to...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Big Morrison fan here, so of course I'm interested in seeing what he has planned. I'll admit to being a bit worried....Grant can get a little 'out there' sometimes and he's already mentioned exploring some of the weirder things the ring can do. I don't want him to get too crazy with the ring, man. I'm also not too keen on this 'Guardians of the Multiverse' thing. Hopefully it's just a group of Guardians from various timelines who might get together and compare notes, like a Council of Reeds over at Marvel. Grant's just the type to do something with Pol Manning, and I've always been fascinated with that somewhat obscure piece of Hal's history.

This might be pretty cool. I hope so.
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more. After years of over-reliance on the "rainbow corps", some Morrison imagination is just what GL needs. If he can do that while keeping the character grounded, as seems to be plan with a focus on Hal on Earth, then all the better. Of course, this is why I wish he was writing Kyle instead as he is a character that is literally defined by being both an everyman and someone with an artistic and highly creative imagination. Nothing against Hal Jordan but Morrison and Kyle Rayner are just such a perfect fit.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Grant can get a little 'out there' sometimes and he's already mentioned exploring some of the weirder things the ring can do. I don't want him to get too crazy with the ring, man. I'm also not too keen on this 'Guardians of the Multiverse' thing. Hopefully it's just a group of Guardians from various timelines who might get together and compare notes, like a Council of Reeds over at Marvel. Grant's just the type to do something with Pol Manning, and I've always been fascinated with that somewhat obscure piece of Hal's history.
    Yes, I would love to see a modern take on Hal's second life as Pol Manning. It's such a psychologically disturbing sci fi concept.

In his Supergods book, Morrison demonstrated a thorough knowledge of, and respect for, the 1960s GL series - and particularly the work of John Broome. He's already done this with Batman - so if anyone could mine the history and scope of all those classic Broome/Kane/Fox stories and push it into a more cerebral context, it would have to be Grant Morrison.

So of course- it will be Grant Morrison.

Excited for Morrison on GL, neutral on Jordan being used.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Yes, I would love to see a modern take on Hal's second life as Pol Manning. It's such a psychologically disturbing sci fi concept.

In his Supergods book, Morrison demonstrated a thorough knowledge of, and respect for, the 1960s GL series - and particularly the work of John Broome. He's already done this with Batman - so if anyone could mine the history and scope of all those classic Broome/Kane/Fox stories and push it into a more cerebral context, it would have to be Grant Morrison.

So of course- it will be Grant Morrison.
    Morrison writing Pol Manning would awesome.

I'd love to see his take on the Qwardian society and culture.

THE GREEN LANTERN #1 IS OUT - SPOILERS

First issue of the new series is out and while there's talk on the Hal Appreciation thread, but this thread can be more encompassing of the book in general, including detractors since appreciation threads have certain guidelines.

That said, I thought the first issue was great! Definitely has a 2000AD vibe, which I found to be a welcome change of pace. It almost makes me wish this team was chronicling the "Renegade Hal" storyline, but this is more than satisfactory!
    -- Needless to say, the art was insanely chock full of details. Sharpe's not the kind of artist I usually gravitate towards, but he certainly draws an attractive Hal Jordan! The storytelling was a bit off in a few places where I wasn't sure what was happening, but it's a small quibble. I like his depiction of the other Lanterns and especially OA and the Guardians.
    -- LOVE that Morrison has the Guardians as not assholes again! I hated how they were constantly depicted as out-of-touch control freaks. Morrison seems to want to take the more challenging approach of showing them as wise and while not perfect, they have a grasp of the universe that is almost beyond our understanding.
    -- Was definitely not expecting a Dr Manhattan reference! They glossed over it, but the Book of Oa is no longer reliable and I have to imagine the Guardians are going to investigate further at some point.
    -- I love how Morrison shows Hal as knowledgeable about all kinds of alien life. Shows that he's more than the "leap before looking" guy that we'd been seeing under Venditti.
    -- X-Ray Lantern? I love when writers get all weird with GLs. Wasn't there one that was a sentient mathematical equation?
    -- Who was the guy at the end?? There have been Qwardian Weaponers, but a "Weaponeer?" I recall one before, but he did not look like Hal. Wasn't there some guy dressed in yellow who stole weapons from the future also called the Weaponeer or am I misremembering? Looks like maybe an anti-matter Universe Hal?

Fantastic Member

Why is Hal with Eve? Venditti got him and carol back together at the end of hal and the glc #50.
    Why are there 7 guardians of the universe? after the controllers attacked it was esatblished that only 6 guardians where left alive in the whole universe. that was reduced to 5 when Kada Sal died in the final arc of Green Lanterns.
    why are the 7 (again it should only be 5) guardians identical, where is Ganthet, Sayd, Rami, Zalla and the last one who's name I forget.

Not a fan of this unfortunatley, will try issue 2 and maybe 3 but I might be dropping green lantern soon.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I really liked this first issue and will be picking this up or a regular basis.

The Story is already off to a strong plot and mystery.

I also love the characterization. Morrison's Version of Hal and the Guardians are great. Hal is experienced, cocky, and extremely clever, but in no means perfect. I also like his Guardians. A little holier than thou but their knowledge is vast

The last series had some awesome moments, but it couldn't hold my interest enough to make me a regular so after reading this issue, I have some questions:

1. New OA? I thought Mogo was the headquarters for the GLC

2. The Guardians: Really happy to read we have a competent group of Guardians. With beings that old, I was hoping to see them presented as Blue Yoda's. Last time I read about them, there were two groups. The first were the incompetent ones that were wiped out by Sinestro while another group went into exile because they felt the universe wasn't ready for them so John Stewart took over. So what happened?

3. The Ending: So who was on that last page? Is that Hal from the Anti-Matter Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    1. New OA? I thought Mogo was the headquarters for the GLC
    The last issue of Green Lanterns revealed that they've been rebuilding Oa all this time.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The last issue of Green Lanterns revealed that they've been rebuilding Oa all this time.
    Thanks. I'm glad Mogo wasn't destroyed again

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    Why is Hal with Eve? Venditti got him and carol back together at the end of hal and the glc #50.
    I'm wondering if this is Eve Doremus from when Hal was in Evergreen City.....

Hm. Either way, I'm not happy about it. I'm a Hal/Carol fan through and through.