Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Like pretty much all of Morrison's stuff I liked it okay on the first read but I really liked it on the second read through. Although I do wish it was Kyle, I actually like the way Morrison writes Hal. And this art is absolutely fantastic. I mean holy moly Liam Sharp killed it on this.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm wondering if this is Eve Doremus from when Hal was in Evergreen City.....

Hm. Either way, I'm not happy about it. I'm a Hal/Carol fan through and through.
    Judging by interviews, he'll end up with Carol again, Morrison is just examining ALL of Hal's love interests over the decades.

Really loved this issue. Very reminiscent of Tales of the Green Lantern Corps.

DC’s cosmic world has been lacking so it’s great to see Grant bringing back to vast alien craziness of 70s and 80s cosmic DC. This book and Justice League Odyssey could really revitalize that side of the DCU.

Issue one was fantastic. Sharpe's art was, without question, some of the best DC has put out recently. Morrison's story was fun. He's got a very strong idea of what the Green Lanterns are like and nails what he sets out. Hal doesn't even show up for what, half the book? Just reading Morrison's intergalactic cops apprehending crooks is fun enough and he makes full use of the craziness of the non-humanoid GLs, something I don't remember many writers ever dealing with.

Morrison's Hal is the best I've read. I know that sounds like hype, but he's got the typical Hal swagger, but with the baggage Morrison described in Supergods, something most writers haven't dealt with. I'm intrigued to see where this goes. Happy to see the Mulitiversal HL Corps at the end too- glad Magic Lantern is front and center!

Astonishing Member

Story wise Morrison is still largely trapped in the paradigm developed by Johns using other corps as foils to the Green Lanterns. It's just that Morrison is using the Controllers/Darkstars and the Green Lanterns of the Multiverse instead of the various corps developed by Johns. I think this issue really show a lack of coherent world building which the DC cosmic desperately needs not to mention him bringing back the guardians who have demonstrated consistently that absolute power corrupts absolutely and really haven't contributed positively to the GL mythos (other than foils to the rank and file of the corps) since the late 80s.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-07-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Incredible Member

Didn’t care for this. Morrison’s story telling is just annoying to me. I didn’t give a damn about the other lanterns and his Hal was boring. I hated the art too. I mean at least it’s not Frank Quitely bad but I still find it unappealing. All in all, if you’re not a Morrison fan, I doubt this is going to change your mind.

Already all in. Morrison did not disappoint.

PS: Are we going to comment on upcoming issues only here or make threads?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Morrison & Sharp are swinging for the fences here. Keep it up, boys. It's been great so far.

DplHcG3XUAEVotw.jpg
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-07-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Morrison & Sharp are swinging for the fences here. Keep it up, boys. It's been great so far.

DplHcG3XUAEVotw.jpg
    Can't get much more Morrison than THAT!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I had a plan of not getting into new mainstream ongoing comics. But DC just make me start reading Green Lantern for the first time, I pick up a couple of issues from Humphrie's run and it was not for my taste, but just this one issue have made be sure that I will be reading for a this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm wondering if this is Eve Doremus from when Hal was in Evergreen City.....

Hm. Either way, I'm not happy about it. I'm a Hal/Carol fan through and through.
    Yes, that was Eve. Morrison confirmed it in one of the many interviews he's been giving about the series. (or the one or two interviews that's been reprinted all over the websites

It wouldn't surprise me if Carol will be shown as the love of Hal's life or the closest he'll ever come to it. It just doesn't necessarily mean that they'll ever "be together" in the traditional way.

Mighty Member

Does John make an appearance?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Does John make an appearance?
    Kind of. The last page is a "coming soon" splash page that shows multiple alternate universe Lanterns, one of which is the Justice Lords version of John Stewart and there's another AU version of him that I'm not sure where it's from.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-07-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Kind of. The last page is a "coming soon" splash page that shows multiple alternate universe Lanterns, one of which is the Justice Lords version of John Stewart and there's another version of him there that I'm not sure where it's from.
    I think that was the one from the world filled with black heroes; the one with the Obama Superman.

It's the Earth-23 John, yeah.

Also present are Earth-47's Magic Lantern, Earth-20's Abin Sur, Earth-16's Kyle Raynor, Earth-32's Bat-Lantern, Earth-12's Kai-Ro, Earth-6's Len Lewis, Earth-36's Flashlight and a hithero unseen Earth-29 Bizarro Kyle Raynor.