Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Wow. That's not who I would have been expecting at all. That's a surprise, if true.

I do love Grant Morrison's work though. It would certainly tally with Deniz Camp's assertion that the upcoming team would make him happy.

I can't see Morrison wanting to adhere to the Emotional Spectrum concept either. He'll want to branch out on his own with the series. Right now, I'm very much down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I said in another thread that if he can bring his A-game like he did with New X-men, in bringing back life into a property, then I'm all for him. However, this can also be a double edged sword.
    Grant seems to be all about changing stuff around completely and leaving all the writers who come after him to try to figure out ways to clean up and fix his mess. Hope he doesn't do anything TOO drastic to the GL franchise, even though SOMETHING needs to be done to it. We definitely can count on Grant to do SOMETHING, that's for sure. But just what that something is could indeed be a double edged sword.

I'd actually read a Morrison GL book. the beauty of Morrison to me is that even if it's one of many GL franchise series, the morrison one wou;ld be distinct and not depend on others to follow plots. Grant's work doesn't blend well with others.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This had better be true, or I will be supremely dissapoonted. Best news I could have gotten today.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I literally wrote, a year or two ago, a letter to Morrison (via his talent agent address) asking for him to do a GL run.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm just copying and pasting my thoughts from Hal's Appreciation Thread:

Not sure how to feel about this.

I mean, Morrison is Morrison so it's a big deal that he's finally sitting down to try his hand at a new DC property, but to a degree it feels like we're moving to the opposite end of the spectrum from Venditti.

He'll probably do a lot of interesting stuff and take the franchise in some creative directions, but from a character and characterization standpoint I'm not sure if it'll be any kind of improvement from Venditti.

I also don't think Morrison cares about Hal that much, so not sure what that will mean as far as the Earth Lanterns.

And Liam Sharp doesn't strike me as a good fit for Cosmic book.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be surprised (if Grant does a "long run") if DC doesn't do like it always does with Grant runs: many different artists.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Sharp's art is AWESOME, but my first thought was that I can't really see him fitting cosmic stories well either.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Morrison is definitely going to play around with Krona if he gets the title.

Always Rakzo

Well, Morrison certainly fits like an appropriate fit, one that could show a lot of potential for creativity and variety in terms of stories... as long as it well-executed because Morrison's work can also turn-out to be extremely dull (i.e. Action Comics). That being said, there's a lot of potential here and I hope is fulfilled.

Liam Sharp wouldn't be my first choice for an artist since his work tends to get uneven after a while and I connect him more to fantasy themes but again, let's see how he goes.

BANNED

Depends.

If he gets Hal back on Earth, that would at least be a good start.

If he gets it away from "Hal is the greatest," that would be a very good start.

If he makes it into one space comic and one Earth comic, that would be an outstanding start.

The best would be if he reboots it and junks everything that's ever made the four (4) Earth Lanterns look bad.

Those are not drastic changes. They're actually pretty low-key. But they would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Wow. That's not who I would have been expecting at all. That's a surprise, if true.

I do love Grant Morrison's work though. It would certainly tally with Deniz Camp's assertion that the upcoming team would make him happy.

I can't see Morrison wanting to adhere to the Emotional Spectrum concept either. He'll want to branch out on his own with the series. Right now, I'm very much down for that.
    I would be surprised if we do not see the other corps in some manner. Morrison loves to play with everything available, but really depends if he is on it long term if this is just going to be a one story type of deal.

I'm just copying and pasting my thoughts from Hal's Appreciation Thread:

Not sure how to feel about this.

I mean, Morrison is Morrison so it's a big deal that he's finally sitting down to try his hand at a new DC property, but to a degree it feels like we're moving to the opposite end of the spectrum from Venditti.

He'll probably do a lot of interesting stuff and take the franchise in some creative directions, but from a character and characterization standpoint I'm not sure if it'll be any kind of improvement from Venditti.

I also don't think Morrison cares about Hal that much, so not sure what that will mean as far as the Earth Lanterns.

He did say he prefer John and Kyle over Hal, but that was years ago. Things could've change by then. If Morrison is on the book, then I'm more than sure it would be starring Hal Jordan. This is considering there's big plans for Hal, according to Scott Snyder. And you have Deniz Camp being excited about it, who's favorite lantern is Hal Jordan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    He did say he prefer John and Kyle over Hal, but that was years ago. Things could've change by then. If Morrison is on the book, then I'm more than sure it would be starring Hal Jordan. This is considering there's big plans for Hal, according to Scott Snyder. And you have Deniz Camp being excited about it, who's favorite lantern is Hal Jordan.
    That was back when almost everybody loved Kyle and wanted Hal, Guy and the Corps to stay gone, but figured maybe John could stick around in a diminished capacity. Morrison called Hal "creepy old Hal Jordan." People on the message boards cheered for him for that. I'm sure he never dreamed that that would become an unpopular opinion. He definitely gets demerits for that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I believe he said his opinion on Hal improved a great deal after the Johns run. He could still prefer some of the others though.