Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Issue 1 was incredible. I had high expectations, but this still knocked me out.

This book was, like: F##k you, if you can't keep up.

It was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I don't think they are supposed to be separate per se, but are Green Lantern stand-ins for races that perceive in those frequencies. Like the F# Bell Corps.

Though, with the Radio and Microwave Corps involved, I really expect Krakkl and Airwave to show up.
    i like that idea. not another corps but a division of the green lantern corps, maybe something like the alpha lanterns of the gl corpse.

Extraordinary Member

You know when you wanted something for years and years and it finally happens and it's everything you wanted?

BANNED

how many issues does Morrison plan for this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    how many issues does Morrison plan for this series?
    Twelve. But he's said in interviews that he has plans for more and mostly depends on his schedule.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-15-2018 at 11:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Twelve. But he's said in interviews that he has plans for more and mostly depends on his schedule.
    does he got a big project in mind here?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    does he got a big project in mind here?
    He's been getting lots of TV work lately, which was the reason he was initially hesitant to take the job. If he manages to properly balance his work load and especially if he enjoys writing Green Lantern, I can see him staying for more than a year. He did mention he's ahead of schedule and Sharp tweeted the first four issues are all in the can. So we'll see what happens I guess.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I'm a tad pissed that Morrison did not keep Mogo as the headquarters for the Green Lantern Corps. There are so few true changes to the status quo that do not get ignored or retconned away in comics, and the transition from Oa to Mogo was admittedly a very trivial change in the greater scheme of things. I can't see why Morrison couldn't have let this progression the Green Lantern mythos going.

It's nigh time the DC Universe starts acting akin to an actual cohesive universe rather than a distorted glob of play-doh that can be perverted whenever the writers (or editorial feels like it)
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-15-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I'm a tad pissed that Morrison did not keep Mogo as the headquarters for the Green Lantern Corps. There are so few true changes to the status quo that do not get ignored or retconned away in comics, and the transition from Oa to Mogo was admittedly a very trivial change in the greater scheme of things. I can't see why Morrison couldn't have let this progression the Green Lantern mythos going.

It's nigh time the DC Universe starts acting akin to an actual cohesive universe rather than a distorted glob of play-doh that can be perverted whenever the writers (or editorial feels like it)
    The Green Lantern Corps' headquarters had already been changed from Mogo to New Oa at the end of Jurgens' Green Lanterns arc. So Morrison was only following on from what a previous writer had changed in the DCU.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    The Green Lantern Corps' headquarters had already been changed from Mogo to New Oa at the end of Jurgens' Green Lanterns arc. So Morrison was only following on from what a previous writer had changed in the DCU.
    And Jurgens only changed it from Mogo to New Oa to accommodate Morrison

Personally, I prefer Mogo as a separate entity rather than just being the GLCorps HQ. Since it's already been established that Oa can be reconstructed from the last time it was destroyed during the 1990s, it wouldn't make much sense to not rebuilt Oa once again.

Oa is like the X-Mansion. Gets blown up once in awhile. (maybe Morrison already has plans for it to be blown up or eaten.... or snorted, or abstracted out of reality ... who knows?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oa is like the X-Mansion. Gets blown up once in awhile. (maybe Morrison already has plans for it to be blown up or eaten.... or snorted, or abstracted out of reality ... who knows?)

Astonishing Member

I prefer Mogo be this mysterious almost uninhabited planet who occasionally gets visitors.
    I imagine Mogo to look like Dagobah.

I was about to say I imagine Oa to look like Coruscant. But that wouldn't work. Maltus is more like Coruscant.

I guess Oa can be like Cybertron then. Cold and expansive.

I remember the Malthusians experiencing that overpopulation problem, then Appa Ali Apsa was doing humanitarian work there before going nuts ... but were they on Oa? I'm fuzzy on this. Why was Oa always depicted as having these giant cities when all we ever saw were Guardians and some GL's (who really should have been in their own sectors instead of hanging out on Oa) Was the rest of the planet just barren? Who were in these cities anyway?