Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, I have LOVED every issue so far.
    I dropped ALL GL related titles when Geoff Johns wrapped up his run - and although I kept up reading the trades I haven't regretted that decision.
    Morrison/Sharp team on Green Lantern? How could I NOT pick that up??
    My only gripe is I would have preferred the series focus on Kyle not Hal (only as I loved Grant's take on the character in JLA) but this book is seriously great.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I think it'd be great for Kyle to show up for an issue or two so we can see how Morrison treats Kyle now after all he's been through.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I wouldn't worry, from everything I've heard, sales are very strong for this series and Morrison does even better in trades. Bleeding Cool does this clickbaity article all the time. They did the same thing with Bendis, who also does better in trades.
    Anybody knows how issue #4 performed in sales?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Anybody knows how issue #4 performed in sales?

It's #6 on Comixology. Not sure about physical sales but in terms of digital sales it seems to be doing fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    It must be related to Morrison´s previous works like JLA, Final Crisis and Return of Bruce Wayne, where he said many times that after the Fourth World of the New Gods ends, the Fifth World will begin on Earth. That happened on Final Crisis. It has been an idea for over 20 years, or maybe more time, I don't remember if Jack Kirby said something about a Fifth World.
    Fourth World was almost certainly an advertising gimmick referencing the New Gods having 4 books (New Gods/Jimmy Olsen/Forever People/Mister Miracle). It's only later writers that actually tried to make it mean something.

morrison's gl is fast paced. tons happen in a one issue. i probably go thru every issue about 3 times.

i like that grant seems to do a lot of research in telling his stories.

I appreciate that a skilled writer like Morrison can pack in a lot happening in a single issue, but that it all feeds a larger storyline. I am becoming more curious about Mu and that anti-matter Halborg (or whatever he is) which I imagine will be resolved in the "season finale." He really has taken on the story structure of a season of a tv show in that way.

One of my favorites writers on my favorite character and I haven't been disappointed. I thought Venditti did an admirable job on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, but this has been a great change-of-pace for the franchise.

I was on the fence after three issues, but this #4 kept my attention and I'm on board. Maybe this issue was a little more linear? Little less abstract? Little less "morrisony"? Whichever is it, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I don't like it. It's too weird for the sake of being weird. Dropped after issue 2.
    Agreed. That's Morrison, though. A lot of his acclaim comes from people who buzz about his work simply BECAUSE his work is weird and doesn't fit into many traditional boxes.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Agreed. That's Morrison, though. A lot of his acclaim comes from people who buzz about his work simply BECAUSE his work is weird and doesn't fit into many traditional boxes.
    Yeah, but that's the appeal!
    It's Green Lantern!
    It's Grant Morrison!
    It SHOULD be weird!!
    It's perfect opportunity to go absolutely bat-**** crazy and it will work a treat because there's gonna be HEAPS of weird **** out there in the big wide universe!
    As mentioned by numerous people, this book has a HUGE 2000AD feel to it. Especially with Liam Sharp's artwork complimenting the story.
    I absolutely LOVE this title.
    When either Morrison or Sharp leave, so do I. It just won't be the same book.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    morrison's gl is fast paced. tons happen in a one issue. i probably go thru every issue about 3 times.

i like that grant seems to do a lot of research in telling his stories.
    The compression is refreshing.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is simply the result of a lot of ingredients working exactly right.

Morrison is at his most Morrison. Sharp is absolutely killing it. The colors are gorgeous. The lettering is spot &%$ing on. Hal Jordan's current role in the DCU as the Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood and lovable beat cop.

That's just a glorious combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Don't underestimate "weird." As you say, it doesn't adhere to tradition, which can be exciting, inspiring or just plain surprising and entertaining. Weird and uninspired or weird and boring though is another thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The compression is refreshing.
    it is nice that you re read the comic a couple of times just to figure out what's happening.

there are titles out there where nothing really happened at the end of the issue.