Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    The problem with Grant Morrison is he's erratic. I mean as writer not as a person. Ok, he's probably that too. But the point is sometimes all of his crazy ideas coalesce into an amazing story and sometimes they're just crazy ideas. Morrison's at his worst is incomprehensible and I say this as an English major who has read some pretty complicated stuff. At his best, Morrison is one of the best writers in the business.
    That's exactly how I feel as well so I have very mixed feelings about this. In general I haven't liked a lot of Morrison's work in the past but there have been a few things that I did enjoy. I guess I'll have to wait and see which one of the two this will be assuming of course that BC is correct about this.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    It would appear so. That's the one announcement that doesn't do anything for me.

I just can't see Jurgens doing anything fresh or worthwhile with that series.
    Yeah, Jurgens seems more like a fill-in team then someone who makes sense to be taking over Green Lanterns.

Not sure what's going on there other then DC still giving Jurgens work.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Hopefully Soranik gets fixed. Don't like what Venditti did to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    The problem with Grant Morrison is he's erratic. I mean as writer not as a person. Ok, he's probably that too. But the point is sometimes all of his crazy ideas coalesce into an amazing story and sometimes they're just crazy ideas. Morrison's at his worst is incomprehensible and I say this as an English major who has read some pretty complicated stuff. At his best, Morrison is one of the best writers in the business.
    I've felt this way in the past. Rikdad's essential companion blog posts were the proverbial locksmith I needed to get every single beat of every single Morrison story. His Final Crisis posts blew me away and made that story so much richer and clearer for me.

If there's a Morrison run you're confused by I can't recommend Rikdad's posts enough. I especially loved the way he unlocked Final Crisis for me, in ways I hadn't known I'd needed. Here's a link to the first of those posts (they get more and more enlightening as they go on) but he also covers Morrison's Batman run and so many other comics that any fan might need a hand with... Hope you find something to enjoy among his blog posts.

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2018/01/f...ew-part-i.html

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm so beyond excited for this, holy ****.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Morrison on Green Lantern would be the best possible scenario for me. I am less enthused about Liam Sharp, but he would certainly be able to keep up with Morrison. I would have preferred Francis Manapul or someone with a cleaner, more space-age feel to their art.

As we saw on JLA, X-Men and Doom Patrol, he is perfectly capable of juggling nearly a dozen different characters without anyone getting under-served. His past work with Hal, John (in Final Crisis) & Kyle (in JLA) has been exemplary, and I'm sure he'll have a heckuva lot of fun with Guy, Simon & Jess. Plus, he will no doubt find some fresh angles to explore with the alien GLs.

Frankly, GL needs a creator like Grant Morrison. With all due respect to Robert Venditi, Van Jensen and the rest, none of them had either the creativity, nor the weight with editorial to be able to do anything truly creative with Green Lantern. I want to see crazy new ideas getting thrown around every issue like we had during the respective runs of Geoff Johns, Steve Englehart and John Broome.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I've felt this way in the past. Rikdad's essential companion blog posts were the proverbial locksmith I needed to get every single beat of every single Morrison story. His Final Crisis posts blew me away and made that story so much richer and clearer for me.

If there's a Morrison run you're confused by I can't recommend Rikdad's posts enough. I especially loved the way he unlocked Final Crisis for me, in ways I hadn't known I'd needed. Here's a link to the first of those posts (they get more and more enlightening as they go on) but he also covers Morrison's Batman run and so many other comics that any fan might need a hand with... Hope you find something to enjoy among his blog posts.

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2018/01/f...ew-part-i.html
    Absolutely agreed. I enjoyed Final Crisis, but found it overwhelming, and found it better on the second read-through. Then, after reading Rikdad's utterly brilliant deep-dive on Final Crisis and hearing that Morrison himself re-edited the most recent edition of Final Crisis, I simply had to check it out and I was completely floored by it.

Trust me, buy yourself a copy of the latest edition, and read it side by side with Rikdad's analysis. It is a stunning piece of work.

Then i am going to pick up Green Lanterns. Grant Morrison would be perfect for these kinds of stories. It would be my most anticipated book of the year. I tried the GL books after Rebirth for sometime before dropping them. Now if someone tells me its confirmed i will go back and really begin Green Lanterns as soon as i can. You know GL: Rebirth by Johns etc. I intend to really start Green Lanterns. But Green Lanterns has not been my priority so far.

Astonishing Member

One can imagine Liam Sharp, with his fleshy, textured detail being perfect to invent new worlds and strange new alien creatures.

One can imagine that if GL was to become a story that fully utilized the potential of the concept, a space knight solving strange problems on distant worlds, dealing with incomprehensible ideologies and cultures, Liam Sharp and Grant Morrison would be a perfect team.

One can imagine that this would be great.

One can imagine...
    Last edited by Deniz Camp; 04-21-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I hope it is Grant on the book, but would be surprised to see it remain monthly the man is not good at keeping on schedule.
    Im pretty sure any delays on morrison books are mostly art related

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I literally wrote, a year or two ago, a letter to Morrison (via his talent agent address) asking for him to do a GL run.
    Bless you.

I want Cosmic Morrison so bad. He was my suggestion for in every FF thread the last few years.

Really wish Quitely is healthy and can give us an arc every years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm so beyond excited for this, holy ****.
    Comic book dreams do come true!!

I dont care what what direction he goes, or what lanterns he uses. (Jess Cruz)

If he goes the Batman route and riffs on a bunch of ubscure stuff, im in.

Man i hope this is true.

Addendum. Liam sharp is amazing. 3 more partners for this run.

Cappullo
    Quitely
    EVS (duh)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    One can imagine Liam Sharp, with his fleshy, textured detail being perfect to invent new worlds and strange new alien creatures.

One can imagine that if GL was to become a story that fully utilized the potential of the concept, a space knight solving strange problems on distant worlds, dealing with incomprehensible ideologies and cultures, Liam Sharp and Grant Morrison would be a perfect team.

One can imagine that this would be great.

One can imagine...
    That sounds really intriguing!

I'd been hoping for a more down to earth GL book with more character focus but that's partly because most writers seem to struggle to make cosmic actually interesting. For Morrison on the other hand it's very exciting to see him do a cosmic book, I think he'll be able to do some very unique stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I know Sharp is great at inventing worlds and fantastical features, but on a more fantasy level then a Sci-Fi level, so I'm curious to see how he would approach the various alien races and Cosmic imagery that generally populate the GL world.
    I guess if you're looking for someone to bring back the high-concept, Silver Age, feel back to the book, Morrison is your man.

Hopefully Green Lanterns will also be able to offer something different for people who might not be into that, though I'm unsure about how Jurgens fits in on that book. Hopefully it might work out better then the last time Jurgens ran point on a title going alongside a Morrison book with the Superman line.

Now that I think about it though, Morrison would probably have enough clout/success to maybe instill in DC enough confidence for a third Lantern book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Sharp is great at inventing worlds and fantastical features, but on a more fantasy level then a Sci-Fi level, so I'm curious to see how he would approach the various alien races and Cosmic imagery that generally populate the GL world.

I guess if you're looking for someone to bring back the high-concept, Silver Age, feel back to the book, Morrison is your man.

Hopefully Green Lanterns will also be able to offer something different for people who might not be into that, though I'm unsure about how Jurgens fits in on that book. Hopefully it might work out better then the last time Jurgens ran point on a title going alongside a Morrison book with the Superman line.

Now that I think about it though, Morrison would probably have enough clout/success to maybe instill in DC enough confidence for a third Lantern book.
    Green Lanterns is a dead comic walking. There won't be three GL titles.