Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, I finally got around to reading issue 10 and, after an underwhelming July with the annual suffering from strangely weak art and issue 9 being one of the weaker issues in Morrison's run so far, this was a fantastic return to form. A great GL story in and of itself but that it's a sequel to Multiversity was a very pleasant surprise and helps raise it to one of the best issues of the Green Lantern so far.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Empty is thy hand!

It's hard to read The Green Lantern #11 and not think of Zundernell, watching over and "protecting" a set of characters until the time that he thinks is right to use them, as a stand-in for a real world writer or creator.

So who is it? Morrison, reeling from the New 52 reboot? Johns, planning to reintroduce the Legion and JSA?

Astonishing Member

I loved this issue, first thing I read today.

I'm also not sure what to make of it yet.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Couldn't help but laugh at the first part of Hal's plan when they were surrounded...

And what's this Spectra? Could she be an alt-universe version of Marvel's "Dr. Spectrum?" Now that's meta...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I loved the bit where the Star Sapphire of Earth-11 says how everyone avoids Earth-0 because it's too unstable and volatile.

Ha! I see what you did there Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I loved the bit where the Star Sapphire of Earth-11 says how everyone avoids Earth-0 because it's too unstable and volatile.

Ha! I see what you did there Morrison
    I also had a laugh at that. It’s been pretty amazing that since Multiversity the DC Multiverse outside of Earth 0 has been pretty consistent.

So is Alanna Strange back to her classic look again or was that Morrison just doing his own thing and she'll still be the darker-skinned version in other appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is Alanna Strange back to her classic look again or was that Morrison just doing his own thing and she'll still be the darker-skinned version in other appearances?
    Guessing she’s back to her classic look, but we’ll know for sure once King’s Strange Adventures comes out.

It appears that Adam will be wearing his classic duds in King/Gerad's mini-series, so ...make of that what you will. I don't know if anything else other than that cover has been released so far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guessing she’s back to her classic look, but we’ll know for sure once King’s Strange Adventures comes out.
    I wouldn't count on King's work to have any relation to contiuity at all.

issue 11 was cool, but not sure i understood everything that happened...

Yeah, she is. Gerads tweeted a new image of her and Adam.

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...63007149838336

Unlike others I thought this issue was just ok. Lots of the references and symbolism was way too on the nose and the issue was walking the razor line between just a good comic story and a satire on the industry, with a little too much of the latter for my tastes.

I'll read the latest rant by Alan Moore if I want to hear criticism of DC, thanks. He's more entertaining.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, she is. Gerads tweeted a new image of her and Adam.

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...63007149838336
    She has long hair, but there's no color -- people need to know what the tone of her skin is going to be, dammit!

So I may need to reread, but does anyone care to explain how Hal defeats Mu in issue #6? Didn't quite understand it.