Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Green Lanterns is a dead comic walking. There won't be three GL titles.
    If I can say anything about Morrison, he's probably going to give the title a new life once he's on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I can say anything about Morrison, he's probably going to give the title a new life once he's on it.
    True, but I think he's going to write only one comic, and it won't be that one. Also, it seems meaningful that DC is taking Baz and Cruz out of Justice League. That ends a very hard push they were getting. I suspect Dan Jurgens is coming on board to wind their comic down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Im pretty sure any delays on morrison books are mostly art related
    They weren't when he was doing New X-Men at Marvel. He was turning in scripts leaving Igor Kordey about 2-3 days to do 20+ pages of pencils and inks to make shipping dates (part of the reason Korbdey's stuff looked as bad on that run compared to work he did elsewhere particularly in Europe where he wasn't rushing out pages ot make up for a writer who had no regard for deadlines or the rest of the creative team). Things may have changed, but Grant had a pretty bad rap for missing deadlines earlier in his career.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, if it is true, it will no doubt work short term anyway.
    There's NO way I'm NOT picking up the first issue of a Grant Morrison Green Lantern book!
    (I haven't bought an issue since Johns' last issue.)
    An d I imagine I'm in the minority here either.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Grant Morrison will make Green Lantern weird and I need that to happen very VERY badly. Consider me excited!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Im excited. I could see him really digging into the GL Corps itself, and not just one Lantern.

True, but I think he's going to write only one comic, and it won't be that one. Also, it seems meaningful that DC is taking Baz and Cruz out of Justice League. That ends a very hard push they were getting.
    Why do you think their push is over just because they are out of the League? Being part of the JL is not always indicative if a character is being pushed or not. Sometimes it is like with Cyborg, others it's not.

Jessica is out in what is probably the most exciting JL books coming out in July. I hardly see it as a demotion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why do you think their push is over just because they are out of the League? Being part of the JL is not always indicative if a character is being pushed or not. Sometimes it is like with Cyborg, others it's not.
    The sales of Green Lanterns are dropping, and Cruz is being moved out of a plum, showcase role in Justice League and into a Justice League B title, which very reliably fail. Meanwhile, nobody is even talking about Baz. You can draw your own conclusion from that, but it doesn't look to me as if the push is still on.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-22-2018 at 03:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Jessica is out in what is probably the most exciting JL books coming out in July. I hardly see it as a demotion.
    Maybe it'll be a hit. But as I said in another thread, the histories and the tendencies in this industry usually hold true. When someone says it's going to be different this time, is almost never is.

This is an audience that doesn't change or grow very much. It's going to pretty much do what it's always done.

The sales of Green Lanterns are dropping, and Cruz is being moved out of a plum, showcase role in Justice League and into a Justice League B title, which very reliably fail. Meanwhile, nobody is even talking about Baz. You can draw your own conclusion from that, but it doesn't look to me as if the push is still on.
    If sales of solo books determined who made it on the Justice League, then Cyborg and Aquaman wouldn't be there too. Not to mention MM or Hawkgirl that don't even have solo titles.

BANNED

If sales of solo books determined who made it on the Justice League, then Cyborg and Aquaman wouldn't be there too. Not to mention MM who doesn't even have a solo title.
    They're pushing those characters. The JL membership is who can sell plus who's getting a push. People plead loudly for the MM on the message boards, so at some point he'll probably get another title, but the usual outcome seems likely.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-22-2018 at 03:13 AM.

They're pushing those characters. The membership is who can sell plus who's getting a push.
    The membership is which characters Snyder wanted to tell his stories with. He is a fan of the DCAU, that's why he wanted a roster similar to that version. Baz and Cruz aren't going anywhere.

BANNED

The membership is which characters Snyder wanted to tell his stories with. He is a fan of the DCAU, that's why he wanted a roster similar to that version. Baz and Cruz aren't going anywhere.
    Sales matter, and their sales are in decline after a long hard push. They're out of Justice League, and I call that going somewhere. You're welcome to call it something else.

Sales matter, and their sales are in decline after a long hard push. They're out of Justice League, and I call that going somewhere. You're welcome to call it something else.
    Long hard push? They've been pushed for less than two years. I'd call Cyborg's push long and hard. Kyle was the main Lantern for a decade and it wasn't until Hal's return where they really pushed him to the side. Not even John's success on TV made them give up on Kyle at the time and that was when his sales were down too. I think only DC knows what basis they are pushing some of their characters on.