Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I honestly think the frustration with Johns is envy. I stopped caring about his GL books after Blackest Night but I remember pretty much everyone having their own book during the Johns era and for a while after his era.

I find Jordan boring but Johns wasn't obligated to personally write Kyle or John. It was his own choice to use Jordan much like how Snyder is going to use John.

Maybe somebody will use Kyle, there's a good chance that the Morrison rumored book will be about Kyle.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Maybe somebody will use Kyle, there's a good chance that the Morrison rumored book will be about Kyle.
    I think it will be as much about Kyle as it is about Hal, Guy, Simon, Jessica and others (I would guess John will mostly be Snyder's to use, though). For all intents and purposes, Morrison's Green Lantern will be a team book with a sprawling cast of characters like New X-Men was.

The Green Lantern concept is larger than one character. Morrison fully understands that.

Ya, I could see Morrisons GL being about the concept itself and not just one of the Lanterns.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    While I do wish Hal would go back to flying solo, I don't mind stories of him teaming-up with other Lanterns. Robert Venditti is one of the few writers in recent memory that at least tried to treat the characters like equals.
    I don't mind either as long as they don't trick us by claiming a book in which Hal only got a quarter of the content is his and fans of the characters that truly dragging down the sales don't bxtch about he hasn't sacrificed enough for their faves or try to blame the sales on him.
    And egalitarianism is meaningless. Has any character been treated equal with Batman? Is there anybody beyond Snyder thinks that Duke and Batman should be treated like equals? The more popular character gets more resources. If not we should all stop buying comics and just keep whining on Internet. (And DC will go broke soon. LOL)

While I do wish Hal would go back to flying solo, I don't mind stories of him teaming-up with other Lanterns.
    I want to see Hal team with some non-human GLs. If Morrison does take over, I feel he won't be as "Four Corpsmen" centric as Venditti.

I really, REALLY would like to see a full-fledged return to the notion that Green Lanterns have sectors of space to patrol, and that they rarely "team up" with other Lanterns, much less groups of them.

It used to be that seeing groups of Lanterns together was a rare treat, a sign that something big was about to go down. Now it's a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I don't mind either as long as they don't trick us by claiming a book in which Hal only got a quarter of the content is his and fans of the characters that truly dragging down the sales don't bxtch about he hasn't sacrificed enough for their faves or try to blame the sales on him.
    And egalitarianism is meaningless. Has any character been treated equal with Batman? Is there anybody beyond Snyder thinks that Duke and Batman should be treated like equals? The more popular character gets more resources. If not we should all stop buying comics and just keep whining on Internet. (And DC will go broke soon. LOL)
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here, regarding about sales.

Wasn't Hal the only Green Lantern present in a couple of issues, while other Green Lanterns (both human and non-human) didn't appear?

Well Batman is Batman.

I don't really see it meaningless, though, considering Green Lantern has always been interchangeable. And isn't other Green Lanterns popular, too?

I only remember one scene where the Guardians called him that and his response was something like "You used to call Sinestro that way too, and look how both of us turned out". He clearly didn't appreciate it.
    Yea! That's the scene I was referring to. That's why I said it was very brief.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I really, REALLY would like to see a full-fledged return to the notion that Green Lanterns have sectors of space to patrol, and that they rarely "team up" with other Lanterns, much less groups of them.

It used to be that seeing groups of Lanterns together was a rare treat, a sign that something big was about to go down. Now it's a Tuesday.
    Are you reading Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps? because in that book, it is made clear that the Lanterns have space sectors they patrol.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I want to see Hal team with some non-human GLs. If Morrison does take over, I feel he won't be as "Four Corpsmen" centric as Venditti.
    Maybe Kilowog will actually get something to do again .

Grant Morrison writing it will make me buy Green Lantern for the first time in many years.

In terms of what Morrison would do, I don't see him touching on much of Geoff Johns' work, despite his praise for it. Morrison would carve out his own playground of weird and cosmic, with his own villain(s). So it'd be a run without significant usage of Sinestro, Krona, Star Sapphire, Hector Hammond, the rainbow Lanterns, etc. New stuff.

Well I guess I will be getting Green Lantern again. Let's not even pretend that Kyle is going to be the star of this series though. Morrison wrote Kyle in JLA because that is what he had to work with. Much like electric blue Superman. Now that Hal is in the top spot he will do the same. John and Guy will likely get some focus. Baz and Jessica....up in the air I guess. He might well use them who knows? I still believe Kyle will be killed in an event at some point.

The "creepy old Hal" thing is almost certainly about Arasia, something that is best forgotten or retconned out. Especially considering that all of that stuff was written by a pedo. I doubt there will ever be any reference to that character again at this point.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Grant Morrison writing it will make me buy Green Lantern for the first time in many years.

In terms of what Morrison would do, I don't see him touching on much of Geoff Johns' work, despite his praise for it. Morrison would carve out his own playground of weird and cosmic, with his own villain(s). So it'd be a run without significant usage of Sinestro, Krona, Star Sapphire, Hector Hammond, the rainbow Lanterns, etc. New stuff.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if Morrison brought back more non-spectrum related Silver and Bronze Age villains. Invisible Destroyer will make an appearance, mark my words.

But yes, Morrison will no doubt be going nuts with his own creations as well. Which should be fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Well I guess I will be getting Green Lantern again. Let's not even pretend that Kyle is going to be the star of this series though. Morrison wrote Kyle in JLA because that is what he had to work with. Much like electric blue Superman. Now that Hal is in the top spot he will do the same. John and Guy will likely get some focus. Baz and Jessica....up in the air I guess. He might well use them who knows? I still believe Kyle will be killed in an event at some point.

The "creepy old Hal" thing is almost certainly about Arasia, something that is best forgotten or retconned out. Especially considering that all of that stuff was written by a pedo. I doubt there will ever be any reference to that character again at this point.
    No, the quote by Morrison was not about that. It was about gray-templed, ranting and drooling Hal committing mass murder and being replaced by the "younger and hipper" (as DC promoted him) Kyle. The storyline about Arisia was written by Steve Englehart. Geoff Johns heard the trolling about it and Geoffconned it by saying that Graxosians mature faster than humans. (Yes, Johns reads the message boards and always has.) The fact that you missed the fix means that other people probably did too, and is yet one more reason Green Lantern should be rebooted.

Morrison is indeed a Kyle fan, which is OK. He likes John too. But he has said that the way Johns depicted Hal improved Morrison's opinion of the character.

BTW, Arisia is a great character.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-29-2018 at 08:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Kilowog will actually get something to do again .
    If he stops saying "poozer." That has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If he stops saying "poozer." That has to go.
    It wouldn't be Kilowog if he didn't say it though .