Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Can't Superman just catch it and use it? I mean if he is not worthy to pick it up then no one else dude spends his whole life sacrificing and helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Can't Superman just catch it and use it? I mean if he is not worthy to pick it up then no one else dude spends his whole life sacrificing and helping.
    Being a nice guy doesn't make you worthy. It's always been more "being a noble warrior" kinda thing.

If you DO want to count the crossovers, Wonder Woman can pick it up no problem. Superman can't.

Currently, or "currently" considering it was killed, it's more or less based on if Mjolnir itself wants you to use it. In this sort of fight, I much imagine the hammer would just decide it doesn't want to be picked up.

That raises an interesting question though, can he stalemate the hammer into inaction by trying to wield it, when it's standard resistance to that kind of thing is to drop to the ground and not move?

Considering she's stronger than Superman ... No?

I'd imagine if he grabbed it, it would just rip itself out of his hands, or explode in his face with esoterics.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

We don't know that she is stronger, possibly the magic is such that he may be unable to lift it

I say possibly, because it's now confirmed that Mjolnir was killed in the sun and only a splinter survived with which it sounds like they're going to make more hammers. The Thor corps is going to be a thing now lulz

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Honestly, I'm inclined to call that a low showing and dismiss it, myself. I mean the forging of the thing literally used up a star. But... it is not a good look either way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    We don't know that she is stronger, possibly the magic is such that he may be unable to lift it

I say possibly, because it's now confirmed that Mjolnir was killed in the sun and only a splinter survived with which it sounds like they're going to make more hammers. The Thor corps is going to be a thing now lulz
    I abandoned ship at a good time.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

They're all gonna be named Thor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Honestly, I'm inclined to call that a low showing and dismiss it, myself. I mean the forging of the thing literally used up a star. But... it is not a good look either way.
    Yeaahh Aaron doesn't seem to be too particular about scale. This whole thing comes about when Mangog wreaks havoc through Asgardia, doing up Odin and real Thor in the process. Odin, whom even going by what Aaron has written is the equal of Jane at least. Real Thor is again at least around the same level of physicality. But then Jane does better anyway. Jane stops Mangog when no one else can

Hence I don't know how much weight we should place on the "feats" from this run when the writer himself doesn't really seem to care about his own pecking order
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 04-26-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

They're all gonna be named Thor, right?
    Yes ( or so it is implied)

This was also a thing in the recent secret wars redux but at least that was a kinda "all the Thors of the multiverse" deal

Yeaahh Aaron doesn't seem to be too particular about scale. This whole thing comes about when Mangog wreaks havoc through Asgardia, doing up Odin and real Thor in the process. Odin, whom even going by what Aaron has written is the equal of Jane at least. Real Thor is again at least around the same level of physicality. But then Jane does better anyway. Jane stops Mangog when no one else can

Hence I don't know how much weight we should place on the "feats" from this run when the writer himself doesn't really seem to care about his own pecking order
    I normally, on a comics level, not a board level, wouldn't care too hard, but it's just.. seriously, if you make a big deal out of a thing you yourself wrote, ignoring it like, basically the next day is just.. what?

I'm still going "....what?" is what I'm saying there ;p