Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default 'Smallville' actress charged with sex trafficking

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...202906989.html

Very unfortunate and disturbing, to say the least.

It is so shocking cause Chloe was such the perfect good girl on the show. Bright and smart and willing to put her neck on the line to give people the truth. She was the dream of every geek boys for it. Such a wholesome image. If SHE gets to be dragged into a dark sex cult, how to have faith in humanity. It almost seem impossible, she was the last person on the show I would have imagined being stuck into this.

I guess it's true that actors are empty vessels. I heard she was brought into it by Kristen Kreuk but Alison was attracted to it cause her boyfriend had left her and she was having difficulty to cope. I mean are you kidding me? Think of all the guys that had a crush on her. All she had to do with click her fingers and she would have to choose on the whole freakin menu.

It is a mistake to confuse an actor with the part they play.
    They are usually vastly different people.
    And I doubt she would have really wanted to date someone who was in love with Chloe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

It sounds to me like Keith Raniere was the one who founded the cult and used methods to gain control over others, including Mack.

Anyone can get sucked into a cult and once in, it’s hard to get out. Involving Mack in his crimes, using her to recruit others, is likely one of the ways Raniere controlled her.

That’s not to say she isn’t guilty, but it’s the leader of the cult who deserves the most blame. I imagine it’s primarily because she was so deep into the cult, that Mack was charged—as a way to pressure her to flip on Raniere and provide evidence in his prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    It is so shocking cause Chloe was such the perfect good girl on the show. Bright and smart and willing to put her neck on the line to give people the truth. She was the dream of every geek boys for it. Such a wholesome image. If SHE gets to be dragged into a dark sex cult, how to have faith in humanity. It almost seem impossible, she was the last person on the show I would have imagined being stuck into this.

I guess it's true that actors are empty vessels. I heard she was brought into it by Kristen Kreuk but Alison was attracted to it cause her boyfriend had left her and she was having difficulty to cope. I mean are you kidding me? Think of all the guys that had a crush on her. All she had to do with click her fingers and she would have to choose on the whole freakin menu.
    Yeah, that's exactly what every actress wants. A boyfriend who constantly asks her questions about a character she's trying to get away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what every actress wants. A boyfriend who constantly asks her questions about a character she's trying to get away from.
    Yeah, what wonderful bedroom talk:

"So in episode 81, when you told Clark...."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Man, this is so bizarre. I have to think she was experiencing a form of Stockholm Syndrome here, because any other explanation hurts my head.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, what wonderful bedroom talk:

"So in episode 81, when you told Clark...."
    Heh. Yeah, that's a good recipe to be shown the door very quickly. Still, she's a cutie pie and could find another guy fairly easy without him ever watching Smallville before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It is a mistake to confuse an actor with the part they play.
    They are usually vastly different people.
    IOW, unless you know a famous person personally, you don't really know them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It sounds to me like Keith Raniere was the one who founded the cult and used methods to gain control over others, including Mack.

Anyone can get sucked into a cult and once in, it’s hard to get out. Involving Mack in his crimes, using her to recruit others, is likely one of the ways Raniere controlled her.

That’s not to say she isn’t guilty, but it’s the leader of the cult who deserves the most blame. I imagine it’s primarily because she was so deep into the cult, that Mack was charged—as a way to pressure her to flip on Raniere and provide evidence in his prosecution.
    One of the accounts I read stated Mack was the one who instituted starving and beating the members below her. Her initials were also branded on victims, along with the founder. If different evidence comes to light, so be it, but the different accounts so far paint her as a ruthless ringleader moreso than Raniere.

Very disturbing I just feel sorry for the victims and if AM is one I hope she gets help if she was in control then I hope the victims get justice.

To add some levity to this sad story in 2006 if someone asked me if I wanted to be Allison Mack's sex slave I'd said yes. It's amazing how completely unsexy, sad, and awful the reality to that is.

So i was out just now and i saw the cover of the New York Post.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    So Clark Kent won't be coming over to save her from a prison sentence?

I also understand that another Smallville actress, Kristin Kreuk joined that organization as Allison Mack did but left it six years ago according to Ms. Kreuk's twitter account. I will give Kristin Kreuk the benefit of doubt, but if they produce concrete evidence linking her to the nefarious activities that Ms Mack had done, let Kristin face the music.
    From what I understand Kreuk was only involved when it was an innocent pyramid scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    From what I understand Kreuk was only involved when it was an innocent pyramid scheme.
    That's my understanding as well. But I still see Click bait articles using her pictures with Headlies like Smallville Actresses involved in sex cult. Clearly she was smart enough to get the hell out of there

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh no the humanity! A lot of people think you're great and are lining up to date me. Oh no what will I do if all they think about is my character!