Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Probably have to blame it on the company-wide "Year-of-the-Forever-Underworld-Unleashed-Evil-Villain" nonsense at DC.
    Probably, but I think they'd find a way even without that event.
    I guess it's somewhat unavoidable, as Leviathan has its roots in the Bat-mythos.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's set in Pre-Crisis. Really dark story actually dealing with kidnapping and child sex abuse.
    Now I gotta find it! Has it ever been collected?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Now I gotta find it! Has it ever been collected?
    The GCD doesn't list it as being collected anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Both issues have recently been added to Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Both issues have recently been added to Comixology.
    Yup. The 1st issue was also just added to DC Universe. The second will probably be added soon.

Rucka did mention that one of the appeals of Lois for him is that she’s a traveler. She can go anywhere in the DCU and it will make sense. That said I am a little disappointed he’s decided to start off in Gotham, but as long as the whole series doesn’t take place there I can deal with it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was underwhelmed by Rucka's most recent Wonder Woman run, but I am very much looking forward to what he's able to do with Lois Lane. There's so much potential there just waiting to be explored.
    I love that art! That is gorgeous! I may get this just for the art! And I loved Rucka's Rebirth origin for WW.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New Lois Lane Comic Reflects Trump’s White House Relationship With the Press (Spoilers): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...e-house-press/

Astonishing Member

So are we finally done with Superman not touching sensitive issues and getting back the series roots or is this purely Rucka.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    So are we finally done with Superman not touching sensitive issues and getting back the series roots or is this purely Rucka.
    The latter, I guess.

So, as far as legacy numbering goes, is this LOIS LANE series technically Volume 2 (after the Pre-COIE ongoing)? Volume 3 (after the early post-COIE 2-part miniseries)? Our is it just Volume 1?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, as far as legacy numbering goes, is this LOIS LANE series technically Volume 2 (after the Pre-COIE ongoing)? Volume 3 (after the early post-COIE 2-part miniseries)? Our is it just Volume 1?
    It's listed as Lois Lane Vol. 2 in CLZ. That has Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane a separate book and then the Pre-Crisis mini-series appears to be Vol. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New Lois Lane Comic Reflects Trump’s White House Relationship With the Press (Spoilers): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...e-house-press/
    Oh I can’t wait for this lol. It’s going to make people mad but I am extremely hyped to see Rucka write Lois given the modern “climate” as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's listed as Lois Lane Vol. 2 in CLZ. That has Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane a separate book and then the Pre-Crisis mini-series appears to be Vol. 1.
    Don't know what CLZ is, but I'm going to count this as her 3rd series. She has a long-running ongoing, a brief two-issue miniseries, and now a 12-issue maxiseries (plus a one- shot or two, plus a series of YA novels).

Now the real question is which cover to purchase if you can only buy one:

The regular edition:

Or the variant edition:

Geez, no contest. Variant all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Don't know what CLZ is, but I'm going to count this as her 3rd series. She has a long-running ongoing, a brief two-issue miniseries, and now a 12-issue maxiseries (plus a one- shot or two, plus a series of YA novels).
    CLZ is a database app for comi sorting/collecting. One of the more useful and helpful ones. I've used it for years to keep track of my collection.

Now the real question is which cover to purchase if you can only buy one:

The regular edition:

Or the variant edition:

Geez, no contest. Variant all the way.
    I got both, but if I had to choose I'd go with the variant. That variant is gorgeous. Yasmin Putri has the variant for #2, but they haven't shown it yet. I've loved her recent covers for the Bat titles.

So far the buzz I've seen on the first issue is great. Saw a post on Twitter saying it was the best first issue of the year. And Rucka just tapes an interview with Word Ballon that's supposed to drop in next week and Sunitres teased a bunch of Lois talk. So definitely going to give that a listen.