When this was just rumored, I was actually hoping for a limited series or prestige format book like Black Label versus an ongoing.

One, like has been said, this removes a lot of the uncertainty around the story. We know Rucka has a 12 issue tale to tell and will tell it.

Two, I'm protective of Lois and don't think there are that many people how will actually do her justice. I don't want this book to go from Greg Rucka to like James Robinson and be run into the ground like Wonder Woman was. And while I love Lois, any book she headlines is going to be a little off the main "superhero" road and be more niche. Look at what happened with Iron Fist and Hawkeye over at Marvel, critically acclaimed first runs (by Fraction, Bruebaker, and Aja and Fraction & Aja) similar in tone and kind off beat to what we can expect from Rucka, that floundered once the first creative team left. And Rucka has way to much going on with TV and his creator owned projects to be on this book long term.

I am totally ok if this turns out as good as I hope that it's a solid 12 issue run they can collect and sell as TPB and Rucka or some other team that is really special for the character comes back and does a Vol. 2 in a year or so when they have a solid story to tell. The monthly floppy comics market is just not set up to sustain these type of titles long term. I'd rather a Mister Miracle than a book that inevitably runs into the ground because they had to throw some fill in team on it.