View Poll Results: Is Storm still married because BP lied about the high priest of the Panther Clan

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. She's still married to the love of her life.

4 8.33%
  • Well, it's entirely possible given his history

4 8.33%
  • I've never given it much thought

14 29.17%
  • It sounds good, but I doubt it.

7 14.58%
  • No. I have proof it was ended. (SHOW IT)

19 39.58%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Storm still technically married?

As a result of further discussion about the events that rolled out of BP #172, Storm was reaffirmed as an African Goddess by way of Wakandan faith. (It was confirmed several issues prior in Black Panther #17) But more than that, we (and Storm) are basically talked through the process. It's important to note that Storm was brought into the series at issue #13. Black Panther #172 is technically issue #24, but Legacy renumbering kicked in at #19. So, we are essentially discussing a year long run of Storm development and her relationship as it pertains to T'Challa and Wakanda. Year long.

Anywho, during this time there are many recurring themes about their relationship and the bond they share. Starting with issue #13 Date Night there were very intimate moments, tender kisses and quiet confessions. There was this yearning on both their parts to just be open with one another about what they meant to each other despite what they meant to the world around them. Their love was on full display. Even during the times when T'Challa couldn't quite find the words to say, Storm still knew his heart. They both understand the idea of keeping their composure for the sake of peace around them. They both understand what it means have the weight of an entire people on your back. They understand what it means to inspire faith in the people that willingly follow their lead.

For some reason Storm is the only person he feels comfortable letting his guard down around. But even then, his pride won't let him be too vulnerable around her. He desires nothing more than to be the man he feels she deserves. So, understandably, he keeps some emotions very hidden so as not to be too weak in front of the woman that chose him.

Moving on, it's heavily implied through out this time that T'Challa plays mind games, he's a excellent manipulator and he plays the game multiple steps ahead. He knows what he's talking about. He knows what's happening. And he's prepared to take the necessary action to see it handled. Multiple characters call him on being a smart ass. He's insufferable with it.

As this final issue wraps we find out that the new/old god Sefako that was plaguing Wakanda is, in fact, The Adversary. (It's important to note as well, that this is the second time that Storm has faced this villain. The first time was with another man that proposed to Storm. His name is Forge. Connection.) It's revealed that T'Challa knew all along who Sefako was even though everyone was thought to be in the dark about this new terror in the realm. Black Panther knew who The Adversary was. He was aware of Storm's last meeting with him. And he heavily emphasizes how much her power is what's need to not only stop him, but dwarf him in power. T'Challa clearly refers to beating this new/old god by bringing in an EVEN BIGGER GOD. Just to reiterate, BP is in full control because he knows what's happening because he's an insufferable know it all that has arranged for all the right pieces to be on the board in order to utterly defeat The Adversary. He's done his homework.

Barring other confirmations and realizations, like Storm being given the title of Hadari Yao by Wakandans now making her an unofficial protector of the land. Or the fact that Orisha have disappeared now make Storm the ONLY African deity in place. Or the fact that Coates has now successfully written his name in history books as the first man to write her in a year long story arc that not only gives her greater connections to other black folks of the MU, he also made it canon that she has access to her godhead by way of her bloodline and African heritage. And that heritage is something GREATER THAN ANY MUTATION. The issue wraps with BP revealing that he knew everything before he even asked her back into his life. He knew who Sefako was. He knew what it would take to beat him. And he knew just who to get. He needed Storm's power. But so much more than her power, he heeded HER back in his life. So instead of being forthright, he played his cards close to the vest (like usual) and he didn't tell her the whole truth. It is then revealed that Storm is aware that he was lying or not being completely honest. She was aware because she knows him. They know each other. There is also precedent of Storm having a deep and intimate knowledge of the type of man he is going back to World's Apart. In their final fight in the jungle surrounding Wakanda, Storm manages to get the upper hand on BP. As she's standing over him and he's on his knees, he asks her "help me up". Storm knocks him out because as she says "T'Challa, the Black Panther, does not ask for help".

With all that said, and the realization that T'Challa has a history of lying to Storm, it was brought to my attention that During AvX, Shuri was Queen of Wakanda. That meant this sister was rightful ruler and Black Panther by right.

So this begs the question, if Shuri was the rightful Black Panther, then who is the high priest of the Panther Clan, because it isn't T'Challa? So did he lie when he told Storm that the high priest annulled the marriage? Who exactly is the high priest? And is it possible that BP was repeating his pattern of behavior of lying to Storm only for this to be one of the times she believes him? Are they technically still married?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The fact that this is such a simple way to write them back to being married means it's not going to happen :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I doubt she is still married sadly. but on the good side that means marvel is less likely to destroy her relationship with black panter again. I want them married but now they can be together with less drama.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

great thread. just want to make one correction, storm was actually introduced in issue 5 with crew being introduced in issue 6. . Now for me before I can conclude if he is lying I epild need to first know who was the high priest secondly even if he was lying, the wakanda and the world recognized the marriage as being annulled. so I'm not sure we can conclude they are still married.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Even if she was I’d imagine Wakanda being what it is there’s some fidelity clause (for women) that’s been violated now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    great thread. just want to make one correction, storm was actually introduced in issue 5 with crew being introduced in issue 6. . Now for me before I can conclude if he is lying I epild need to first know who was the high priest secondly even if he was lying, the wakanda and the world recognized the marriage as being annulled. so I'm not sure we can conclude they are still married.
    Really? The entire world?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    yes... wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation in the mu. you don't think the divorce wouldn't make headlines around the world?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Unless a writer makes it completely clear and official that she is, she's not. That's just how things are being written now.

T'challa wasn't king but he was also a black panther at the time

This takes place before AvX as Bast predicted the Phoenix Force would destroy T'challa.

So, being a black panther, that also means he is the spiritual leader of the Panther Tribe.

So, the panel originally posted says that the High Priestess annulled the marriage.

A panel in WatXM once again state the marriage was annulled.

We know that T'challa was a Black Panther, thus he had the power to do it if he wanted to.

There is actually no evidence that 'high priestess" = black panther. It could be the "cardinal" of the religion while the Black Panther is the "pope." We hav enever gotten into the religious aspects of the mythos.

What evidence, on panel, do you have that they are still married? You are the one introducing a thesis that is contrary to what has been stated throughout multiple books. You need to produce panels and scans that show that they are actually still together.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The fact that this is such a simple way to write them back to being married means it's not going to happen :P
    It's simple because it makes sense. I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I doubt she is still married sadly. but on the good side that means marvel is less likely to destroy her relationship with black panter again. I want them married but now they can be together with less drama.
    But if there isn't a definitive answer to who the high priest of the Panther Clan was at that time, then we only have T'Challa's word about the marriage really being annulled. But we know he lies to Storm to manipulate her.
    Thanks for the correction. I should have said she came into that specific story in #13.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    It's simple because it makes sense. I agree.

But if there isn't a definitive answer to who the high priest of the Panther Clan was at that time, then we only have T'Challa's word about the marriage really being annulled. But we know he lies to Storm to manipulate her.

Thanks for the correction. I should have said she came into that specific story in #13.
    Specifically, what lies and how many has T'Challa told to Ororo in order to to manipulate her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Even if she was I’d imagine Wakanda being what it is there’s some fidelity clause (for women) that’s been violated now.
    The thing is, yes, Storm would be guilty of infidelity. But in this situation she fell for the lie that the marriage was really annulled. That could also explain why he asked her not to sleep with Wolverine. It's not his fault that Storm didn't listen. But the idea is that the annulment was the total lie. A lie to please Wakandan citizens. And the out of still being legally tied to the woman he loves. It could work.
    I would think so.
    yes... wakanda is the most technologically advanced nation in the mu. you don't think the divorce wouldn't make headlines around the world?
    Completely agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Unless a writer makes it completely clear and official that she is, she's not. That's just how things are being written now.
    We're very close. And there are some serious plot holes. But there's also clues that could point to this being the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa wasn't king but he was also a black panther at the time

This takes place before AvX as Bast predicted the Phoenix Force would destroy T'challa.

So, being a black panther, that also means he is the spiritual leader of the Panther Tribe.

So, the panel originally posted says that the High Priestess annulled the marriage.

A panel in WatXM once again state the marriage was annulled.

We know that T'challa was a Black Panther, thus he had the power to do it if he wanted to.

There is actually no evidence that 'high priestess" = black panther. It could be the "cardinal" of the religion while the Black Panther is the "pope." We hav enever gotten into the religious aspects of the mythos.

What evidence, on panel, do you have that they are still married? You are the one introducing a thesis that is contrary to what has been stated throughout multiple books. You need to produce panels and scans that show that they are actually still together.
    I don't have evidence that they're still married. I also don't have evidence of this mysterious high priest and the legal procedure of annulling a royal marriage. All we have isnT'Challa's word on the matter. And BP #13 on through issue #172 clearly provide panels of them being back together.

BANNED

Specifically, what lies and how many has T'Challa told to Ororo in order to to manipulate her?
    BP #172 goes on to establish that there were multiple lies going all the way back to #13. Some were out right, other were by omission. But #172 clearly establishes as with the utter defeat of an immensely powerful Adversary, that T'Challa has been manipulatin Storm with his knowledge of the truth. She tells him she knew he knew more than he let on and that he's the most manipulative person she's ever met. It was sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I don't have evidence that they're still married. I also don't have evidence of this mysterious high priest and the legal procedure of annulling a royal marriage. All we have isnT'Challa's word on the matter. And BP #13 on through issue #172 clearly provide panels of them being back together.
    Dating, banging, whatever dont mean there married
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html