View Poll Results: Is Storm still married because BP lied about the high priest of the Panther Clan

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. She's still married to the love of her life.

4 8.33%
  • Well, it's entirely possible given his history

4 8.33%
  • I've never given it much thought

14 29.17%
  • It sounds good, but I doubt it.

7 14.58%
  • No. I have proof it was ended. (SHOW IT)

19 39.58%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Oh, yes it is. You have managed to spin yourself into a tizzy all because this year long story and the implications that are there for everyone with eyes to read it, suggest that Storm and T'Challa share an unbreakable bond that not even the African gods can tear asunder. #Fact this is especially true considering this very same story has established that Storm has taken the place of the Orisha who have disappeared completely leaving Storm as the only African God on the continent. You're not fooling me. Their black love has you shooketh and it's high time your were honest with yourself about it.

The **** TEA!!! Lololololololololol

Exactly. I like my theory because it totally makes sense given Coates theme that wrapped issue #172. He has gone out of his way to make sense of the SHEER ridiculousness that was their annulment. Everything that he's done has been to set them back on the right track and reaffirm the bod that they've shared since before Storm became an X-man. It's clear that BP knows her better than ANY of her acquaintances in the X-mansion. #facts

Storm: "You knew what was opening the gates, and what it would take to close them."

So, T'challa KNEW Adversary was opening the gates and he KNEW that Storm had the power to close them. He KNEW Storm had power greater than Adversary from the start. Again, this goes back even to when Forge said Adversary feared Storm's power and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm: "You knew what was opening the gates, and what it would take to close them."

So, T'challa KNEW Adversary was opening the gates and he KNEW that Storm had the power to close them. He KNEW Storm had power greater than Adversary from the start. Again, this goes back even to when Forge said Adversary feared Storm's power and potential.
    One of my favorite things in the panel is what Storm says there. "I am FOREVER yours." and "You are all mine." Not much of a difference but knowing how deep coates can be i sometimes let myself reach a bit. To me it sort of read like For your entire life i am yours, thus the forever part. Whereas on the flip it's and" You are all mine" Which to me says for as long as you exist your mine. It's sort of sad in a way. Storm may have to start thinking in terms of immortality if it comes to that and what happens when those around her start to age. Again this is all reaching but i do enjoy reading something by a writer that allows me to reach a bit. Much more exciting then going into knowing, "This writers is going to do the worst so don't think too much." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I know, right? I don't know about everybody else, but I would be really flattered if a king of the most technologically advanced country on the planet whose rich af, smart af, connected af, and constantly went out of his way to place himself in my path, do anything in his power to get me around him (Including lie to me), tell me his most intimate secrets, ON TOP OF GIVING MY FAMILY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS LIKE IT WAS NOTHING? And their chemistry is such fire that it appears they have amazing sex!!! I know they screw like rabbits!
    Yup! *Beyoncé voice* Everybody say Hey Mrs.T’challa! Heeeeeeey Mrs.T’chaaaaalla! Lol 😂

5FC59FB8-673A-4EDD-B3A1-419A887DDF18.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

Yes, Rutog. You just said exactly what I've be trying to get others to understand. But apparently T'Challa was just bragging to his woman as he was talking her out of that little funk. I don understand what's so hard about reading what's clearly on the page? I think newer fans have a hard time reading comics and rely heavily on the artist to explain what's going on. You and I are accustomed to reading Claremont's lengthy "novels" that passed for narration boxes. So often he would explain in great detail what Storm was doing so artist could get away with just hurling lightning bolts to end the bad guys.

You have scripts from the upcoming issue? Omg what cause his amnesia?

I agree. The love they share makes me smile from ear to ear. I really love as he talks her through that moment as well. Just like he's telling her the power she holds, in the same breath he's telling her about his power. His line about him being "King and the nation incarnate" almost took me out. I really need more moments of them BOTH claiming their power and one another. It was epic.

Omg I agree. I was saying this in the BP appreciation thread. They were really only separated because of movie rights. If Marvel editorial could have avoided the urge to add fake drama to Svc, it's likely the annulment would never have happened. It's possible it didn't lol
    I didn't even think about it in this way until i read your quote of the "King and the nation incarnate." It really just popped in my head Tchalla saying. "To love me is to love all Wakanda. and it's people" That's basically what the line says.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm gonna laugh so hard when Storm sleeps with Logan once he's back!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Ha! Please! Logan will be too busy chasing after Jean like a lost puppy again.

Ugh keep Storm/Logan far away.

Who cares though. At the end of the day it's just a story. I hope no one really takes it that deep that they are going to lose their minds if things end up going completely the opposite way. It just is what is. I pay for what i enjoy and don't for what i don't. One can passionately talk about characters and still realize at the end of the day i'm not getting any residuals. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Me too. Oh well at least BP still has Nakia if the solicitations of the galactic empire arc are anything to
    go by.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One of my favorite things in the panel is what Storm says there. "I am FOREVER yours." and "You are all mine." Not much of a difference but knowing how deep coates can be i sometimes let myself reach a bit. To me it sort of read like For your entire life i am yours, thus the forever part. Whereas on the flip it's and" You are all mine" Which to me says for as long as you exist your mine. It's sort of sad in a way. Storm may have to start thinking in terms of immortality if it comes to that and what happens when those around her start to age. Again this is all reaching but i do enjoy reading something by a writer that allows me to reach a bit. Much more exciting then going into knowing, "This writers is going to do the worst so don't think too much." lol
    Yaaaassssssss!!! Jwatson!!!!!!!!! You don't know what you just did. When you mentioned how deep Coates can get it sent chills down my spine! Everything he's done with Storm over the last year has been to dismantle the idea of mammy Storm of the X-mansion. It's so real! That's exactly why it's so important to acknowledge everything he's done with her and analyze what that means for her going forward. In the course of a year he has managed to tie her to MU Africa in many profound ways that were just clichés previously. He made sense of her rushed marriage to T'Challa which was handled like coming to America. They are no longer boring. They're a real couple with baggage, struggles and drama, but they also have love, understanding, compassion and sincerity. She now has ties to real black people of the MU both in Harlem and Wakanda, genuine ties to people that look like her, but for all her years with the X-Men in New York these connections went at largely ignored. And he managed to make sense of the troublesome "silly girl that went around foolling herself and being mocked by villagers." But the deepest this he's written regarding her has to be the line about her "heritage being more than any mutation". That **** takes me out every time I think about it. Not only has he been writing stories that deeply immerse her in black culture, he had T'Challa tell her what it means to claim that heritage that has been so long denied to her. He's fully aware of the man he is. He sees Storm for what she's always been. And he's literally pushing Storm to claim her greatness. "Claim the greatness that I see in you" so to speak. He's pushing her to be great because he needs her at her best so they can walk their individual journeys together. That's the characterization that was desperately needed in the lead up to the marriage. But before I go, think about the when he brought into this season at #13. On the X-Men side of things, IvX had wrapped up and Storm handed the reigns over to Kitty. He had plans on building her up because she was at rock bottom. People don't give thus man enough credit. I could talk about my take on their relationship under Coates. Come back to me, we'll chat it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Yup! *Beyoncé voice* Everybody say Hey Mrs.T’challa! Heeeeeeey Mrs.T’chaaaaalla! Lol 😂

5FC59FB8-673A-4EDD-B3A1-419A887DDF18.jpg
    Drop da bass, man the bass get lower, radio say "speed it up", I just go slower, high like treble... aye, aye, aye... AYE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I didn't even think about it in this way until i read your quote of the "King and the nation incarnate." It really just popped in my head Tchalla saying. "To love me is to love all Wakanda. and it's people" That's basically what the line says.
    Jwatson.... I could go ALL DAY about how deep he went with aspects of their characters, both individually and as a couple. The **** is real.
    That's not what this thread is about. Thanks for stopping by, Veronica Corningstone. Lolol 50 points to the first person to catch the reference.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    At this point they should just remarry.

I mean its bound to happen...

Spectacular Member

Pointless - there's no need for this rebound. Ororo's true love of her life is back amongst the living. T'Challa was a diversion to keep her heart and soul occupied - but now that her true love is back; lets get back with them two back to where they were before he 'passed'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Me too. Oh well at least BP still has Nakia if the solicitations of the galactic empire arc are anything to
    go by.
    This is not at all what the thread is about. But more to your point, X-Men: Wakanda Forever clearly establishes Storm and T'Challa as one true loves. Their love is about to shake the cosmos! Oops, my bad, it already has.
    Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I mean its bound to happen...
    It won't. And this isn't the place to discuss any of it. His thread is about two characters and two character's only: Storm and BP. It's been canonized that they are true loves of one another. We shall speculate about that highly reinforced coupling, not any other. There are specific threads about other pairings. This thread is about Storm and the ONLY MAN SHE'S EVER MARRIED.
    Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Pointless - there's no need for this rebound. Ororo's true love of her life is back amongst the living. T'Challa was a diversion to keep her heart and soul occupied - but now that her true love is back; lets get back with them two back to where they were before he 'passed'
    Again, this is not the place for such a discussion. As of BP #172 Storm and T'Challa have been canonized as the one true love of each others life. They have beard their souls to one another. They've come to realize their potential as individuals before they started their walk as fully committed couple once more.