View Poll Results: Is Storm still married because BP lied about the high priest of the Panther Clan

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. She's still married to the love of her life.

    4 8.33%
  • Well, it's entirely possible given his history

    4 8.33%
  • I've never given it much thought

    14 29.17%
  • It sounds good, but I doubt it.

    7 14.58%
  • No. I have proof it was ended. (SHOW IT)

    19 39.58%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 137
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    BP #172 goes on to establish that there were multiple lies going all the way back to #13. Some were out right, other were by omission. But #172 clearly establishes as with the utter defeat of an immensely powerful Adversary, that T'Challa has been manipulatin Storm with his knowledge of the truth. She tells him she knew he knew more than he let on and that he's the most manipulative person she's ever met. It was sexy.
    That specific huh?

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Eagle
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    The thing is, yes, Storm would be guilty of infidelity. But in this situation she fell for the lie that the marriage was really annulled. That could also explain why he asked her not to sleep with Wolverine. It's not his fault that Storm didn't listen. But the idea is that the annulment was the total lie. A lie to please Wakandan citizens. And the out of still being legally tied to the woman he loves. It could work.
    I’m not sure it matters, fidelity laws have more to do with protecting succession and lineage than anything. That’s (in part) why they almost universally refer to or are enforced against women historically. It’s not really about cheating as we think of it in the modern sense.

    Although it does cast a new light on T’Challah pleading with Ororo not to sleep with Logan. Could be interesting if he lied and then ensured it happened anyway. Quite the backfire if so.
    Last edited by DDM; 04-21-2018 at 12:06 PM.

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In love with you.
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    That specific huh?
    He lied about knowing who Sefako was. He lied about knowing that Storm was really a goddess. He needed her power to defeat the Adversary, but he wasn't up front and honest about that. I get it tho. It's insensitive and rude. He didn't just want it to come as if he needed her power only. He knew how to close the portals. And he knew why the village of Alkama revered her. You really need me to list them all? Like I said, the way issue #172 wraps up, it implies that there were multiple lies that were told since #13. No, it's not malicious. But he does tell her lies in order to get her to react a certain way. The close of the story tells us as much. STORM TELLS US AS MUCH.

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    He lied about knowing who Sefako was. He lied about knowing that Storm was really a goddess. He needed her power to defeat the Adversary, but he wasn't up front and honest about that. I get it tho. It's insensitive and rude. He didn't just want it to come as if he needed her power only. He knew how to close the portals. And he knew why the village of Alkama revered her. You really need me to list them all? Like I said, the way issue #172 wraps up, it implies that there were multiple lies that were told since #13. No, it's not malicious. But he does tell her lies in order to get her to react a certain way. The close of the story tells us as much. STORM TELLS US AS MUCH.
    I'm confused and still downloading "Chaos War" -- when did T'Challa learn that Ororo was really a goddess? Moreover, what title and issue supports your statement so I can get that book while I'm at it?

  5. #20
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    I'm confused and still downloading "Chaos War" -- when did T'Challa learn that Ororo was really a goddess? Moreover, what title and issue supports your statement so I can get that book while I'm at it?


    tchalla I'm sure was aware of this. I'm sure how he knows and what he did to find out will be revealed in a later story.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post


    tchalla I'm sure was aware of this. I'm sure how he knows and what he did to find out will be revealed in a later story.
    He could have discovered it during the hudlin run when he went and found Ororo's remaining living ancestors. If he found information on her father's side, information she herself had no idea of, i don't see why there wouldn't be more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In love with you.
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    I'm confused and still downloading "Chaos War" -- when did T'Challa learn that Ororo was really a goddess? Moreover, what title and issue supports your statement so I can get that book while I'm at it?





  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Storm had a wedding to T'Challa, She never really had marriage with him. It's hard to not pin point when it ended.

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In love with you.
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Storm had a wedding to T'Challa, She never really had marriage with him. It's hard to not pin point when it ended.
    Scans, please? You, nor none of the people that voted for the last option have provided proof of your claims.

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,918

    Default

    No. She technically isn’t. Unless something is retconned this is mere speculation and quite frankly I think would be incredibly douchey of T’Challa so I hope it doesn’t happen. Their new relationship is great. I don’t want it tainted by the stench of how the last ended

    Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Scans, please? You, nor none of the people that voted for the last option have provided proof of your claims.
    To be fair you didn’t give us many options. 3 variations of yes and one definitive one of no demanding proof. I don’t have scans but I voted no by default bc that’s the only one that matches what I think
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-21-2018 at 02:47 PM.

  11. #26
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    No, she not the queen. Now with that being said, T'challa could easily make her queen again.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  12. #27
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    Storm fans use to hate BP I thought
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.


  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I don't have evidence that they're still married. I also don't have evidence of this mysterious high priest and the legal procedure of annulling a royal marriage. All we have isnT'Challa's word on the matter. And BP #13 on through issue #172 clearly provide panels of them being back together.
    Why isn't his word good enough?

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In love with you.
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I’m not sure it matters, fidelity laws have more to do with protecting succession and lineage than anything. That’s (in part) why they almost universally refer to or are enforced against women historically. It’s not really about cheating as we think of it in the modern sense.

    Although it does cast a new light on T’Challah pleading with Ororo not to sleep with Logan. Could be interesting if he lied and then ensured it happened anyway. Quite the backfire if so.
    Wow. You taught me something today. Thank you. I'm in total agreement with the last part. It could be argued that he was still mastering his manipulation techniques over her.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He could have discovered it during the hudlin run when he went and found Ororo's remaining living ancestors. If he found information on her father's side, information she herself had no idea of, i don't see why there wouldn't be more.
    This is very true. We are talking about an incredibly intelligent and resourceful man. His swag is undeniable. Storm knows he knows his shit. Their love story has truly been epic under Coates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. She technically isn’t. Unless something is retconned this is mere speculation and quite frankly I think would be incredibly douchey of T’Challa so I hope it doesn’t happen. Their new relationship is great. I don’t want it tainted by the stench of how the last ended



    To be fair you didn’t give us many options. 3 variations of yes and one definitive one of no demanding proof. I don’t have scans but I voted no by default bc that’s the only one that matches what I think
    Lololololololololololol I only ask because I had a more enlightened BP fans tell me that T'Challa was NOT the high Priest of the Panther Clan. He wasn't king and his sister was in the throne. That meant Storm wasn't Queen of Wakanda when the marriage was annulled. But we also weren't given clues to who exactly the high priest was. I asked for definitive proof of who the high priest of the Panther clan was, because without it, how do we know that individual did what T'Challa said they did? We only have his word. And BP #172 proves he's not above lying to Storm to manipulate her.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Celestial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Please don't do this. I like Storm and BP, but the marriage was annulled. There's nothing wrong with them just daring for now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •