Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Out of the best Ivy stories ever told, Greg Rucka's "Fruit of the Earth" is the only one that gets into the best of lists and that's only by default being a part of the No Man's Land saga. Other great Ivy stories:

Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows by Ann Nocenti and John Van Fleet

Batgirl Annual #2 (When Pamela Gets the Blues) by Gail Simone and Robert Gill

Batman: Poison Ivy (1997 one-shot) by John Francis Moore and Brian Apthorp

All-Star Batman #7 by Scott Snyder and Tula Lotay

Special shout out to the Cycle of Life and Death mini by Amy Chu and Clay Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Out of the best Ivy stories ever told, Greg Rucka's "Fruit of the Earth" is the only one that gets into the best of lists and that's only by default being a part of the No Man's Land saga. Other great Ivy stories:

Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows by Ann Nocenti and John Van Fleet

Batgirl Annual #2 (When Pamela Gets the Blues) by Gail Simone and Robert Gill

Batman: Poison Ivy (1997 one-shot) by John Francis Moore and Brian Apthorp

All-Star Batman #7 by Scott Snyder and Tula Lotay

Special shout out to the Cycle of Life and Death mini by Amy Chu and Clay Mann
    Ooh, I always forget about Ivy. Another one I enjoy a lot, though it prob wouldn't make mine or anyone's "top" list, is her issue from Contagion. With Babylon Towers sealed off due to The Clench, Poison Ivy is found immune to the desease...and Batman must make an uneasy alliance to use Ivy to infiltrate the Towers to save the residents. But Ivy has other plans...
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I love every single post in this thread. I started it selfishly to be reminded of runs I'd loved but forgotten or, better, great runs I never managed to read.

This is maybe TMI but I'm about to begin an extended medical leave and this thread and others like it are providing me with the BEST possible reading list. Thanks to all who have participated. I hope there will be many more.
    Hope it's not too serious man, best wishes! You're getting a hell of a suggested reading list here, enjoy!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Legion of Superheroes 1-38 (5-years later Legion): This is an incredibly complex (some might say confusing) read and I understand why fans don't like it, but this is my favourite Legion run. I love the political intrigue, the strong characterisation and the incredible world-building. Even htough I wasn't a big Legion fan before this series I had no problem following the book and keeping track of the various characters and plot threads.
    I always said that if Giffen had written these stories about new characters that it would have been a fascinating story. But I loved the characters so much and couldn't stomach having them blown to bits, set on fire, turned into a furball, or literally butchered. It's the only comic I remember ever reading where I had knots in my stomach when it would arrive at my house. But even with that, he took the Legion where no one ever thought of taking them.

1. Dixon's Nightwing
    2. Ordway's Power of SHAZAM!
    3. Smith's SHAZAM! - The Monster Society of Evil
    4. Fleisher's Jonah Hex Spectacular
    5. Conway's Never Scratch a Cat
    6. Ostrander's Oracle: Year One
    7. Chaykin's Thrillkiller
    8. Loeb & Sale's Haunted Knight (Halloween Trilogy)
    9. Ramos & Dezago's World Without Grown-Ups
    10. Batman: Prodigal - Dixon/Moench/Alan Grant & Blevins
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-24-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Made a correction.