Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did they ever resolve J'onn being split into different people? (Or something)

Luthor as a JL member having some kind of plan cooking with Owlman post Forever Evil.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Sooo many missed opportunities that this thread reminds me of. Disappointing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, it did seem odd to combine the three realities the way they did, do so much groundwork in setting up a potential Daemonite invasion, and then abandon it completely.

Then there was the oddity below. This panel from the same, Scott Lobdell penned era of New52 Superman. Remember this page?:

A strange, crystalline door hanging in orbital space, detected by Shay Veritas and investigated by Superman also. What the hell was all that about?
    Tbh I loved all Lobdell's weird 'n wild Superman ideas. The execution was weak, but it had such potential. He'd make a great editor.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The Daemonite invasion, it was teased in many DC titles including freaking Superman and wasn't as big as they were promising (apparently the whole thing was resolved in the Grifter ongoing).
    I was really excited for that! Helspont vs Superman would have been so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I was really excited for that! Helspont vs Superman would have been so much fun.
    Jeez, I forgot they tried to incorporate the WildStorm characters following Flashpoint. Does that even still stand anymore?
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    There was a promo image of the League that included Firestorm, Element Woman and another woman (Lady Luck, or something like that, IIRC) and plans changed.
    Firestorm and Element Woman still did join the JL - they just weren't in the first arc. They left the team in Forever Evil and were replaced by Lex Luthor and Jessica Cruz.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Firestorm and Element Woman still did join the JL - they just weren't in the first arc. They left the team in Forever Evil and were replaced by Lex Luthor and Jessica Cruz.
    Whatever happened to the other woman? Did she ever appear?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Whatever happened to the other woman? Did she ever appear?
    She dissapeared after Forever Evil and her status within the league is "lost", same thing happened to Vibe, 4 years later we still don't know where they are.

Edit: I was mistaken, she actually joined to the Doom Patrol after FE.
    Last edited by TheCape; 04-22-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Luthor as a JL member having some kind of plan cooking with Owlman post Forever Evil.
    And Captain Cold being Luthor's bodyguard while working undercover for the Rogues.

jl-rise.jpg
    For reference, that is from New 52 Aquaman #25...release in November of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    She dissapeared after Forever Evil and her status within the league is "lost", same thing happened to Vibe, 4 years later we still don't know where they are.

Edit: I was mistaken, she actually joined to the Doom Patrol after FE.
    Are you referring to the other woman or Element Woman.
    I remember Element Woman briefly being attached to the Doom Patrol (where I think she would've been a perfect fit).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    jl-rise.jpg
    For reference, that is from New 52 Aquaman #25...release in November of 2013.
    It seems that Mera's solo is finally going to do something about it thougth.

Are you referring to the other woman or Element Woman.
    I remember Element Woman briefly being attached to the Doom Patrol (where I think she would've been a perfect fit).
    Element Woman, i thougth that you were refering to her, if it wasn't her my mistake

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, it did seem odd to combine the three realities the way they did, do so much groundwork in setting up a potential Daemonite invasion, and then abandon it completely.

Then there was the oddity below. This panel from the same, Scott Lobdell penned era of New52 Superman. Remember this page?:

A strange, crystalline door hanging in orbital space, detected by Shay Veritas and investigated by Superman also. What the hell was all that about?
    Omigosh I forgot about that one. Okay, that one is funny because my reaction back then was "what is Kingdom Hearts doing in Superman?" XD