Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did they ever resolve J'onn being split into different people? (Or something)
    They did. The first story arc ends with all of them merged back.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-22-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Luthor as a JL member having some kind of plan cooking with Owlman post Forever Evil.
    Wasn't that one about breaking Superwoman out and getting the baby?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Are you referring to the other woman or Element Woman.
    I remember Element Woman briefly being attached to the Doom Patrol (where I think she would've been a perfect fit).
    As far as I'm aware, Lady Luck never did appear in any issues of Geoff's Justice League. Though according to Wiki pages, she did appear in the Phantom Stranger book.

I remember in the Divergence special that advertised some DC You storylines the promo for Darkseid War mentioned a prophecy for Aquaman that stated "A King will drown" or something along those lines. Come the actual Darkseid War issues, and Aquaman didn't even appear in the story.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 04-22-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Element Woman, i thougth that you were refering to her, if it wasn't her my mistake
    It's cool.
    Honestly, I think that promo image may have been prepped before the New52 was turned into a reboot.
    There's a lot of clues in the previous posts that the New52 might have been originally designed as a post-Brightest Day line-wide relaunch, instead, and was turned into a reboot at the last minute.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Lady Luck never did appear in any issues of Geoff's Justice League. Though according to Wiki pages, she did appear in the Phantom Stranger book.

I remember in the Divergence special that advertised some DC You storylines the promo for Darkseid War mentioned a prophecy for Aquaman that stated "A King will drown" or something along those lines. Come the actual Darkseid War issues, and Aquaman didn't even appear in the story.
    Oh, speaking of previews...
    How can we forget the DC You preview of Justice League United...?

I also remember in Aquaman an early reference to someone with "Purple Eyes" in Johns' run, stirring up trouble in Atlantis, but that was never followed up even when Bunn finally brought Garth back.
    Luthor as a JL member having some kind of plan cooking with Owlman post Forever Evil.
    Captain Cold becoming Lex's go-to guy got dropped too.
    It's cool.
    Honestly, I think that promo image may have been prepped before the New52 was turned into a reboot.
    There's a lot of clues in the previous posts that the New52 might have been originally designed as a post-Brightest Day line-wide relaunch, instead, and was turned into a reboot at the last minute.
    I agree. I remember it was pretty much confirmed that the plan was for Johns to take over Justice League with Jim Lee and a Big 7 back before DC had decided to reboot.

It would've been interesting to see what would have happened if DC had done some kind of line-wide relaunch instead of an outright reboot with Flashpoint, keeping the continuity but still trying to incorporate the changes they wanted with the New 52.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Earth 2: Hawkman leads the new Justice Society of America.

Back in 2012 , DC decided to recreate the classic Justice Society and use magic and sorcery as a key situation on this new Earth. The writer they gave this to was James Robinson who had a long track record for solid work at DC. His 1st arc reintroduced a younger Jay Garrick who is gifted speed by a God. Allen Scott who is given a magical ring that gets its power from the Earth's green and more. The idea was that Superman , Wonder Woman and Batman had perished on this Earth and this new group of "Wonders" they were called would take up the mantles.

Robinson clearly had a direction in mind for the series and one rumor was he had wanted to recreate the Justice Society with these characters. One key character he wanted was Hawkman. So in a planned crossover with the New 52 which would happen would have the Earth 2 characters encounter this Earth. Hawkman would meet the Hawkgirl of that world and decide to go to that Earth and become the teams leader.

Before he could do this however Robinson had issues with DC and quit the series after the 15th issue. The next 17 issues was some of the worst grim and gritty pieces of crap work that various writers turned in. Earth 2 became so damaged by the whole World's End arc , DC unwisely geared it around that and destroyed the concept completely. Earth 2 disappeared a couple years ago after Convergence and new title that didn't last. As people have said , this was a concept that would have worked but DC ruined it within a year and half.
    This was such a tragic loss.

So many good ideas could have been developed. So many golden-age villains could have been resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wasn't that one about breaking Superwoman out and getting the baby?
    Wasn't she and the unborn baby broken out by Cyborg and Jessica Cruz in Darkseid War? I may be wrong, but I don't remember Owlman or Luthor having anything to do with it?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Wasn't she and the unborn baby were broke out by Cyborg and Jessica Cruz in Darkseid War? I may be wrong, but I don't remember Owlman or Luthor having anything to do with it?
    I forgot too. What I remember was he asked for the baby when talking to Luthor. Could be wrong, though.

Astonishing Member

It's cool.
    We know Flashpoint was originally a Flash focused storyline before being retooled as a reset button.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Powerless Clark Kent being stabbed at the end of BM/SM Annual #2 never got a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Powerless Clark Kent being stabbed at the end of BM/SM Annual #2 never got a follow up.

At least 'When EVERYTHING CHANGES!' is broad enough that it leaves room for anything...

The many times we saw Booster Gold freaking out at Superman x Wonderwoman relationship, as if it were a doomsday sign

That was more of an altered plot point than something outright dropped. Trinity War was supposed to delve into into it, but due to their patented brand of poor planning, things were changed at the 11th hour. Eventually, it was just revealed that the Booster who showed during that moment freaking out over Clark and Diana was from an alternate world anyway, so the insinuation was clear that whatever he was upset about didn't matter anyway. Thus that case was closed.

In the end this one didn't bother me too much though, because there was the chance that the original Trinity War idesas might have ended that relationship sooner than it did, and I wouldn't have gotten Soule's SM/WW series.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I was most annoyed that we didn't get the Rise of the Seven Seas storyline.

Throne of Atlantis was one of the better JL stories along with Darkseid War.