View Poll Results: Which cover(s) did you get for Action Comics #1000? (multiple choice)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • standard Jim Lee cover

26 47.27%
  • 1930s cover by Steve Rude

14 25.45%
  • 1940s by Michael Cho

10 18.18%
  • 1950s by Dave Gibbons

5 9.09%
  • 1960s by Michael Allred

16 29.09%
  • 1970s by Jim Steranko

9 16.36%
  • 1980s by Joshua Middleton

13 23.64%
  • 1990s by Dan Jurgens and Kevin Nowlan

9 16.36%
  • 2000s by Lee Bermejo

6 10.91%
  • Blank Variant Edition

6 10.91%
  • other Comic book store exclusive variant cover(s) - please specify which one(s)

7 12.73%
  • not buying a copy of Action Comics #1000

1 1.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I got Michael Cho´s cover. I had to pre-ordered before it was showed, I'm from Mexico and the store gave me a due date to make the order. If the covers would have been showed before, maybe I would have picked the 60's variant cover. I didn't like the regular cover.

But my favorite cover is the one from Fabok.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Well, one other thing to bear in mind with me is that I didn't buy comics at all from 2011-2016, so I've saved my "comics money" for a decent chunk of time. Plus, 11 for $75 is a decent discount compared to the cover price, so bonus there.
    So out of curiosity which cover was your favorite? I really liked the Rude cover a lot and thought it was the best of the bunch. Allred's was a very close second so I was happy enough to get that one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I got the 30's,70's,80's,90's,2000's,the blank,and regular covers.

The 90s.

I think I'm gonna get one more. Torn between the 30s and 60s. Both are class.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    So out of curiosity which cover was your favorite? I really liked the Rude cover a lot and thought it was the best of the bunch. Allred's was a very close second so I was happy enough to get that one.
    That's a REALLY tough one. I like them all for so many different reasons. As a Jurgens junkie, I loved the 90s one... but if I really had to pick, it'd be the Kaare Andrews alternate:
    Action-Comics-1000-Kaare-Andrews-300x455.jpg

It's just magic. I love it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I rarely get more than one cover unless a blank variant is offered as I frequently get sketches done on them at cons, and I couldn't pass up a Steranko piece, so I got the 70s cover by Steranko and the blank variant. If they weren't $8 a pop, I might have gotten the Michael Cho cover too as I really dug it, but not at $8 for just the cover.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

My favorites were the '30s and '40s, and I got the '30s. (My shop was out of the '40s or I might have gotten that one too.)

I really like the cool design of the 1960s cover, but Superman's weird lack of eyeballs put me off.

I picked up a few of the variants. For Action #1000 I wanted to get covers that represented important Superman moments for me. So I went with the 80's Middleton cover that pays tribute to Superman: The Movie. That was my first exposure to Superman. Then I went with the Jurgens 90's cover, as that's when I became a regular Superman reader. Last, I went with the 60's Allred cover as it's tons of fun and represents the issues I started hunting when collecting back issues. Plus I picked up the standard Lee cover. So four in all, one regular and three variants. Lots to choose from, so I went with the ones that were personal to me.

Incredible Member

I regret not getting the Middleton cover.

Action #1000 had a 500k run and sold out almost everywhere! I kind of expect a second print and maybe additional convention variants based on the success.

Most shops I know stocked heavy and mostly sold out. Mostly damaged stock, 1-5 copies left at local shops, if anything.

My local 2nd and Charles got shorted entirely by Diamond so they're converting their Fried Pie Con variant into store stock ahead of the convention rather than sell overstock later.

I got:

40s (Cho)
    60s (Allred)
    70s (Steranko)
    Summit (Perez)
    Newbury (Gleason)
    Dynamic Forces (Jurgens)
    Dynamic Forces (Swan)

I've got store credit with 2nd and Charles and they're expecting to put out Fried Pie variants tomorrow. (NOTE: This is my local one. Other ones I called got their Diamond shipments and sold out without any guarantee of getting Fried Pie variants in.) That's the Doug Mahnke cover.

60's & 00's

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    I regret not getting the Middleton cover.

Action #1000 had a 500k run and sold out almost everywhere! I kind of expect a second print and maybe additional convention variants based on the success.

Most shops I know stocked heavy and mostly sold out. Mostly damaged stock, 1-5 copies left at local shops, if anything.

My local 2nd and Charles got shorted entirely by Diamond so they're converting their Fried Pie Con variant into store stock ahead of the convention rather than sell overstock later.

I got:

40s (Cho)
    60s (Allred)
    70s (Steranko)
    Summit (Perez)
    Newbury (Gleason)
    Dynamic Forces (Jurgens)
    Dynamic Forces (Swan)

I've got store credit with 2nd and Charles and they're expecting to put out Fried Pie variants tomorrow. (NOTE: This is my local one. Other ones I called got their Diamond shipments and sold out without any guarantee of getting Fried Pie variants in.) That's the Doug Mahnke cover.

|The Superman and Supergirl cover the colors are Surrealistic

Prime Editon
    1930s by Steve Rude (FUTURE QUEST, FUTURE QUEST PRESENTS
    1940s by Michael Cho (BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE)
    1950s by Dave Gibbons (WATCHMEN)
    1960s by Michael Allred (BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER)
    1970s by Jim Steranko (CATWOMAN: SELINA’S BIG SCORE)
    1980s by Joshua Middleton
    Last edited by jimmy; 04-25-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I got the 80's Steve Rude cover as I thought it was the nicest one.

Although I was debating between the 90's one as that is my favorite Superman era. And I do see why they went with the image that they did as Lois was a big part of it then and Superman focused a lot on Clark.

But it just wasn't as dynamic and epic looking as the 80's one. Especially for issue 1000.

Grew up in the 90s so Jurgens defined my Superman and I enjoyed that era.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I got the 80's Steve Rude cover as I thought it was the nicest one.
    Wait . . . what was the "80's" cover that Steve Rude did?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    That's a REALLY tough one. I like them all for so many different reasons. As a Jurgens junkie, I loved the 90s one... but if I really had to pick, it'd be the Kaare Andrews alternate:
    Action-Comics-1000-Kaare-Andrews-300x455.jpg

It's just magic. I love it.
    That's one beautiful cover. I love it as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG