View Poll Results: Which cover(s) did you get for Action Comics #1000? (multiple choice)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • standard Jim Lee cover

26 47.27%
  • 1930s cover by Steve Rude

14 25.45%
  • 1940s by Michael Cho

10 18.18%
  • 1950s by Dave Gibbons

5 9.09%
  • 1960s by Michael Allred

16 29.09%
  • 1970s by Jim Steranko

9 16.36%
  • 1980s by Joshua Middleton

13 23.64%
  • 1990s by Dan Jurgens and Kevin Nowlan

9 16.36%
  • 2000s by Lee Bermejo

6 10.91%
  • Blank Variant Edition

6 10.91%
  • other Comic book store exclusive variant cover(s) - please specify which one(s)

7 12.73%
  • not buying a copy of Action Comics #1000

1 1.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I had previously been asked by my comic book shop which cover I wanted and had said the 1940s one, but when I got there Wednesday morning they had the regular one in my file. I was able to switch it for the 1940s-variant off the shelf though. (And I had luckily gone there that particular day; I only make it to the store maybe once or twice a month.)
    My LCS has trouble getting stuff sometimes. My guess is, they put out what they had and what they could get. But since they aren't a chain store, they probably aren't at the top of anyone's priority list. I've heard all kinds of horror stories about stuff they found in boxes, like half eaten pop tarts!
    Assassinate Putin!

I got all the main variants, plus the blank, plus the amazing Kaare Andrews cover from Third Eye Comics
    https://thirdeyecomics.com/wp-conten...00thirdeye.jpg
    Plus the Dan Jurgens variant from Dynamic Forces (signed version):
    https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C126866.html

So... I think that's 12 versions, all-together?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    got all the main variants, plus the blank, plus the amazing Kaare Andrews cover from Third Eye Comics
    https://thirdeyecomics.com/wp-conten...00thirdeye.jpg
    Plus the Dan Jurgens variant from Dynamic Forces (signed version):
    https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C126866.html

So... I think that's 12 versions, all-together?
    I was less-than-thrilled with the cover-price for just one copy, but it seems like you might have spent closer to $100.00 (at least)?

I was less-than-thrilled with the cover-price for just one copy, but it seems like you might have spent closer to $100.00 (at least)?
    Yeah, $75 for most, and $20 or so for the signed one. 1,000 doesn't come around often, so I thought I'd jump for it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Hey if one can afford it in that one go, go for it I say. I would've if I could've. It was just smarter in my particular instance to space it out, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I bought the Middleton and Allred covers as reading copies, have the full set coming from Midtown, the Jurgens Dynamic Forces cover, and the Fabok cover. I'm also going to have one of my reading copies hardbound along with a reprint copy of Action Comics #1 and the Bendis story removed.

Superman by Steve Rude and Michael Cho!
    superman4704fba0-d1b4-4bf7-89da-19708f0ba26c.jpg
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.

So far "standard Jim Lee cover" has the most votes.
    Wonder how many people got that because they wanted it (because either they liked it or because they felt they "needed" / "should" get the regular cover) and how many bought that because they couldn't get a variant they would have preferred or the store would have charged too much more for the variant. (The store I go to wasn't charging anything extra to get the Cho variant I wound up buying, but I don't know if all stores would have done that or not.)

Got the Rude 30's cover. And I don't do multiple variant covers, so that is the only copy of Action 1K I have or will ever have.

I figure, if I really want multiple variants, I can copy-paste and print. Hell of a lot cheaper.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Mike Allred's cover, for me.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I wanted the Rude cover but ended up getting the Allred instead. They were out of the Rude cover by the time I'd gotten to my LCS but the Allred one was my second choice. My digital copy however came with all the decade variants so I got to see all of them.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

60's for me. Lori Lemaris, Comet, Kandor, Flamebird...the cover captured the spirit of those old "80-page Giant" style book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hey if one can afford it in that one go, go for it I say. I would've if I could've. It was just smarter in my particular instance to space it out, haha.

Well, one other thing to bear in mind with me is that I didn't buy comics at all from 2011-2016, so I've saved my "comics money" for a decent chunk of time. Plus, 11 for $75 is a decent discount compared to the cover price, so bonus there.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I bought all ten covers that DC put out.

Not getting store exclusives or Dynamic Forces.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So far "standard Jim Lee cover" has the most votes.
    Wonder how many people got that because they wanted it (because either they liked it or because they felt they "needed" / "should" get the regular cover) and how many bought that because they couldn't get a variant they would have preferred or the store would have charged too much more for the variant. (The store I go to wasn't charging anything extra to get the Cho variant I wound up buying, but I don't know if all stores would have done that or not.)
    I got it just because that was the one they set aside for me. I would have taken whichever one they gave me. I might go back and get a variant but, unfortunately, most of the variants they had were a little dog eared from people handling them. So who knows.
    Assassinate Putin!