View Poll Results: Jean V Storm. Who will win?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

69 82.14%
  • Storm

15 17.86%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jean vs Storm

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what solicit bc I didnt read any that said that
    XMR 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by X-MEN RED 4
    • JEAN GREY and her team of X-Men are trying to save the world…but one mutant could spoil that for everyone.

• When an old friend of Jean’s is corrupted and turned against her, will Jean have to do the unthinkable?
    Quote Originally Posted by X-MEN RED 5
    MUTANT HATE IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH…

• …and Jean Grey is caught right in the middle!

• CASSANDRA NOVA’s plan is finally revealed… but to devastating consequences.

• And just because JEAN GREY’s team finally knows what’s going on, doesn’t mean they can actually stop it.

• Someone close to Jean is about to become Nova’s latest pawn… but who? And why?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    XMR 4 and 5.
    XMR4 is a continuation of 3 so thats obviously a reference to Storm. The 5 solicit suggests Nova is about to brainwash someone else. The solicit says the person is about to become a pawn, not that they already are. The wording doesnt make sense for it to be about Storm when she's already been a pawn since issue 3

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    so some misterious chemical makes Ororo susceptible to TP? if she is under such influence, does it mean she is ALSO suspectible to Jean´s TP?
    Red #3 has Jean stating she can't use her TP completely on the infected individuals. And Storm was more resistant to TP before she got infected so it's all up to Trinary since the infection seems to be some sort of AI.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 04-23-2018 at 11:39 AM.

XMR4 is a continuation of 3 so thats obviously a reference to Storm. The 5 solicit suggests Nova is about to brainwash someone else. The solicit says the person is about to become a pawn, not that they already are. The wording doesnt make sense for it to be about Storm when she's already been a pawn since issue 3
    I'm pretty sure that it's just trying to be coy about the whole thing because I don't think Taylor would do the same thing back after back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Can someone elaborate on what happened recently to Storm? Why is she now a Goddess and which power up she got?

Honest question, it seems to have happened in BP or something and I don't follow that book.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If I must choose one, it's Jean. Jean surrounds herself with a TK shield then assaults Storm's mind telepathically while telekinetically closing her arteries and sending her into a Guggs-like sleep.
    Seeing Storm throwing lightning bolts and tornadoes and the Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone at Jean while Jean fires telekinetic, telepathic blasts, and the top of the Wakanda Trade Center at Storm? It better be epic and beautiful!
    I've always liked to think so. Extremely powerful yet non-perfect, non-goddess mutants.
    I agree that such a match could be such a visual feast.

But I find that I’m always disappointed when it comes down to it in comics. I guess I get my hopes up too much for some epic battle scenes.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Can someone elaborate on what happened recently to Storm? Why is she now a Goddess and which power up she got?

Honest question, it seems to have happened in BP or something and I don't follow that book.
    It happened in Black Panther, yes. Apparently the Adversary who the X-Men fought in Fall of the Mutants came back and he went after Storm since she had the potential to beat him. Something something power up, no more Adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Reference Storm's battle with Candra.

Storm countered her tk with a sandstorm, walked right up to her and punched her lights out.
    Oh, I love that issue in Cairo.

I'm pretty sure that it's just trying to be coy about the whole thing because I don't think Taylor would do the same thing back after back.
    Trying to be coy? Its not consistent with what came before. It could have easily said Jean and her team continue to fight their old friend or something to that effect. No instead its phrased as if there is another twist to look forward to

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    To be honest I think Storm is gonna win at first. If Jean would just beat her already that arc would end on the next issue already. But from the solicits it looks like Storm is still brainwashed by June.
    could you post the link to this?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea agreed. I think it will be someone else by the 5th issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I mean, yeah, to a point. It's just that it fuels even more arguments of "Storm is better than anyone else" and I think that, realistically, Storm would balk at the idea of being labeled a Goddess. It's not 1976 anymore.

and let me say.. just for the record.. the majority of the forum here said Storm wasn't a real goddess and that was found to be incorrect. poll numbers mean nothing in the face of 616 canon

#hadariyao

Bad writing can come in all forms, whether making a character too weak or too strong. Guggs' Sleeping Storm? Coates' Goddess Storm? *whistles*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I know that this is written by Claremont but this is so against everything Ororo was about when she was at her best, between the early eighties and late nineties. Where she gave up the idea of being a Goddess when she lost her powers and realized that some called her that, but it wasn't true. She humanized herself after that, but Claremont had to take it all back because... who knows why, actually? And since then Storm has been in a vicious cycle of being written like crap, a few writers aside. Let. Her. Move. On. It's her whole problem.