View Poll Results: Jean V Storm. Who will win?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

69 82.14%
  • Storm

15 17.86%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jean vs Storm

BANNED

Storm should win, Jean will win. That was easy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    My assumption is about who will win in a brawl. Storm is powerful but Jean is a powerful telepath. Telepathy has more edge than controlling the weather. Jean is Phoenix. Storm can't beat that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bad writing can come in all forms, whether making a character too weak or too strong. Guggs' Sleeping Storm? Coates' Goddess Storm? *whistles*
    coates writing is nowhere near bad. he has done his homework in terms of storm one day becoming a goddess as hinted at by Claremont many years ago, her past affiliation with adversary, and the development in terms of her historical ties to Harlem. you may not like that she is a goddess but to chalk it up to poor writing is simply not true. this is the best she has been written in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I know that this is written by Claremont but this is so against everything Ororo was about when she was at her best, between the early eighties and late nineties. Where she gave up the idea of being a Goddess when she lost her powers and realized that some called her that, but it wasn't true. She humanized herself after that, but Claremont had to take it all back because... who knows why, actually? And since then Storm has been in a vicious cycle of being written like crap, a few writers aside. Let. Her. Move. On. It's her whole problem.
    so your concern should be with Claremont, not coates. he was the one who established she would one day be a goddess coates just addressed what Claremont discussed years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

this all day.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-23-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so your concern should be with Claremont, not coates. he was the one who established she would one day be a goddess coates just addressed what Claremont discussed years ago.
    It's not measured at either of them in particular to be honest. Coates is a wonderful writer. There's just much more to Ororo than 'lol goddess.'

It's also well documented on these very boards I'm not Claremont's biggest fan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It's not measured at either of them in particular to be honest. Coates is a wonderful writer. There's just much more to Ororo than 'lol goddess.'

I agree there is more. i actually loved all the goodies we got from what she did during her downtime in the outback era.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree there is more. i actually loved all the goodies we got from what she did during her downtime in the outback era.
    Powerless Storm to the end of the X-Treme era was when Ororo was at her best, even if I disagree with her Goddess assessment during XXM :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Powerless Storm to the end of the X-Treme era was when Ororo was at her best, even if I disagree with her Goddess assessment during XXM :P
    a lot of people I have seen enjoyed when she was powerless you are not alone my friend

Astonishing Member

It's not so much that. I agree their are many facets of Storm that's what makes her such a great character. But the goddess aspect of her character has been largely mishandled/ignored for years so it's refreshing to finally get a writer who's not only acknowledging that part of her history but actively developing it and using continuity to weave back into the current narrative all while developing and rebuilding her relationship with T'challa all in a solo book that's not even her own!

I mean we all know Marvel is going to screw the pooch and forget all about this story once Coates is finished telling it and then shove Storm right back to the X-men like nothing ever happened. I'm gonna enjoy this story for as long as it last because we all know a well written Storm is few and far in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    My assumption is about who will win in a brawl. Storm is powerful but Jean is a powerful telepath. Telepathy has more edge than controlling the weather. Jean is Phoenix. Storm can't beat that.
    Jean isn’t Phoenix within the context of Red. I’m interesting in seeing how Taylor defines the limits of her powers without it

Could Jean use her telekinesis to somehow control the weather or manipulate it?

So...it this the Dark Storm Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Could Jean use her telekinesis to somehow control the weather or manipulate it?
    She shouldnt. She might be able to use her TK to stimulate wind, but make things rain, lightning, snow, etc....is beyond her abilities. Thats super advanced, fast use of molecular TK that she has no history of doing to support it. At most she might be able to make a small cloud in front of her and have that rain, nothing on the grand scale that would affect an area.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    No, this is a Jean Grey story

Fantastic Member

Archangel, Rachel, Storm... "Dark Sagas" for everybody!

naw that was done already in roguestorm

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's not so much that. I agree their are many facets of Storm that's what makes her such a great character. But the goddess aspect of her character has been largely mishandled/ignored for years so it's refreshing to finally get a writer who's not only acknowledging that part of her history but actively developing it and using continuity to weave back into the current narrative all while developing and rebuilding her relationship with T'challa all in a solo book that's not even her own!

I mean we all know Marvel is going to screw the pooch and forget all about this story once Coates is finished telling it and then shove Storm right back to the X-men like nothing ever happened. I'm gonna enjoy this story for as long as it last because we all know a well written Storm is few and far in between.
    100% agreed to the bolded... as you so accurately put it knowing this I'm not sure how anyone could say coates doing this is bad writing.

I hope your last paragraph isn't right and the xoffices actually follow suit.