Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question Rogue is too powerful right now, to give you control of the absorption?

As long as she has Wonderman's powers she will not have control of her mutant powers? for making it too powerful, or it could be written with the powerset of WM and the control of its mutant powers?, she is currently invulnerable, they have super speed, it is a super strong class 100 ++++ and flies, besides that it has a lot of potential WM blocked at the moment, and has its powers of absorption but without control, which uses them but as a last alternative.

And she has been able to manage practically alone, enemies that would be a lot for a full X-Men squad (there are exceptions like Storm of course), that's why I fear her right now is so powerful, that while she has that powerset, she will not be given the control of its absorption, since we know that it can do with control and every time it showed more and more, for example to stop a celestial taking all the power of all the heroes of the earth, I believe that the greatest feat of power that has done an x-man so far.

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Rogue is really powerful. Like, really, really powerful. By she's not a goddess.

BANNED

Let Marc Guggenheim writer and problem solved

BANNED

I agree as of now she is very powerful. But stopping a Celestial’s foot hardly makes it THE best feat among the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    That's it. Give Rogue Stormcaster! It's the perfect remedy. Storm doesn't need it, she's got the goddess angle covered. She's shaking what her momma gave her!

I don't think she is too powerful, all they have to do is up the power of people she fighting.

Believe me, she will be nerfed as soon as a writer needs to show off his pet character
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Rogue is really powerful. Like, really, really powerful. By she's not a goddess.
    Yes I know, it does not need to be either (neither did Sthene need it, the two of them were already more powerful than several gods) it also depends on God? Rogue with his mutant powers already proved able to easily defeat gods, for example Thor. (( And technically she can drain the powerset of gods or beings of cosmic level hehe. )).

There are also gods that are not especially powerful, and Rogue or Storm could defeat without much effort, like Ares, or Hercules.

With Storm I think I give her the goddess category (I know they did it recently in BP) it seems a lot to me, she's already a pretty high level mutant, let's hope they respect the continuity.

But look when a mutant begins to be too powerful again give certain limitations.

Rogue; It is a powerhouse, but they took away the control of its powers of absorption for the moment.

Jean: Return, but at the moment it does not have the power up of the Phoenix Force.

Storm: It always seemed to me of the top 5 of power of the group along with Jean Rogue and Bobby, and now they confirm that it is a goddess, do not believe they will limit it again eventually.

It is something they always do with the X-Woman that are mostly als that are the most powerful of the group.

What I say now is a powerhouse, if you give control you can be handled without overshadowing the rest of the team, I say see what I could do when I had control, and without negative effects, and what he did vs the celestial, really I think it's the greatest power feat that any X-Man has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I don't think she is too powerful, all they have to do is up the power of people she fighting.

Believe me, she will be nerfed as soon as a writer needs to show off his pet character
    She is class 100 +++ invulnerable super fast and flies, also has its absorption without control, if I think that she is very powerful right now ... which does not mean that in some fight is not overcome, it has already happened to Rofue , to magneto Jean to Storm, to any powerful mutant who is in a team book this happened to him.

But obviously she can be written in team books, Rogue is always controlled so as not to kill her enemies with her blows, as she did with Ms marvell's powerset, only now she must control herself more, because now she is much stronger .

But the question was not that, the question is whether it would be too much to give control of its absorption again, with the control of its absorption, without exaggerating, it could take all the power of the rest of the team, and it would make them look a little bad , in XML she did a lot of that.

And as I said we saw what he did vs the Celestial, I think he was given the limitation of no control, because with the power of WM + his powers of absorption with serious control already too much.

Or maybe Marvel decides to push Rogue and give him a solo, and try to push it as they are doing with Cap Marvel (Carol) that I personally think that with Rogue would have better results.

I'll say it....

If Rogue were given full of control over her powers she would be OP and to a certain extant get boring after awhile.

If she was to be given some control I would add hard limits to her abilities of absorption. Such as she could only permanently hold on to one persons powers at a time. (Preferring Wonderman powers she would stick to those). After that she could only absorb six (6) other individuals powers for an hour max safely. If she went for a seventh person she would risk overloading herself causing her death and/or combust from the energy on the spot.

I would explain the new limits off in a some manner that the ionic energy Rogue absorbed from Wonderman screwed with her DNA.

This way she can still touch another human and do all the fun power combinations. However, she would have manageable limits that doesn't turn her into a snooze character that every writer avoid's.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-22-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It's funny and sad... because it's true.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yes I know how he usually degrades characters.

But so far I personally think he has written it well.

I agree as of now she is very powerful. But stopping a Celestial’s foot hardly makes it THE best feat among the X-Men.
    Well so far I think so.

remember before Rogue and Sentry stopped the celestial, the earth was destroyed, because Hulk, and all the heroes of the earth failed to stop it, including Doom and Doc Strange.

Rogue was not only containing the power of all the avengers on earth, but also that of all the x-men, so if I think it is possible that it is the greatest power feat of an X-Man so far.

Because before the formula added to Rogue, because the land had been destroyed.

_________

Obviously Jean as Dark Phoenix has greater feat of power, destroys planets as if nothing, but I do not tell it in itself, because it was re-powered by Phoenix Force.

I don't think she is too powerful but i do want her to regain control of her powers again. I also don't mind her retaining the wonder man powers. In a world of mutants and celestials beings its up to writers to make characters seem just powerful enough without always having to hold them back. That takes a good villain.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Or Gambit when he had all his full potential, and he and New Sun exploded an alternative land, but maybe I give them a technical equality, because Rogue with the power he had, could have burst the earth with a clean blow, stop Exit already gives you the level of destroy planets.

And Remy finished after this, with her powers blocked again, and Rogue without control of her powers of absorption again.

So the greatest power feat of an X-Man, is between Rogue and Gambit, just based on their own potential.

With powerups (Phoenix Force) it has undoubtedly been jean like Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think she is too powerful but i do want her to regain control of her powers again. I also don't mind her retaining the wonder man powers. In a world of mutants and celestials beings its up to writers to make characters seem just powerful enough without always having to hold them back. That takes a good villain.
    Yes, but look, this is not the first time that Rogue goes through this.

1) Xtreme X-Men without a doubt the most powerful, because they gave the evolution or the next step of their powers already developed, and how to finish, after a few sagas? DEPOWERED until she lost Ms marvel's powerset.

2) At HouseOfM Bendis intended to make Rogue become a new cosmic character, because he was going to make the Geniss Vell drain permanently, but the X-offices left him alone as an event in the HOM war, because Rogue with those powers it would be too powerful for the X-Books.

3) In Rogue XMLegacy with control showed more and more new things, even to become obsolete to telepaths, if he used the empathic and metald part of her powers of absorption, and when an enemy was very powerful, she would load powerset of several X-Man and ended the fast fight, and then what more amazing what he did with the Celestial, and how to finish ???? not depowered but practically, they are limited to her absorption, since she are in its initial state and without AGAIN control.

Rogue without control has always been one of the most powerful for what its mutant powers can do, so long as this gained power, or has the same control, ends in the same way, somehow they limit it again, or leave it depowered.

It is something that has already happened in the past, and that the truth bothers me.

So difficult is to write it with the controld and its powers, without overshadowing the rest, this is where the editors should do their work, and not go for the easy solution like leaving it depowered, or doing a backward movement with their powers.

BANNED

You give her back control, she becomes Superman with power absorption. It isn't bad per se, you just need a writer that makes her use more of her tactical ability than just big strong punches. She's a capable leader and has more than prove it for the last years. Giving her control of her original powers means putting more effort into writing her. So you decide if you trust Marvel enough for that.