• Supergirl

4 7.69%
  • Other

2 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Favorite live action costume!

Which live action Superman has the best costume?

Adventures of Superman 1952

Superman: The Motion Picture 1978

Adventures of Superboy 1988

Lois & Clark 1993

Superman Returns 2006

DCEU 2013

Supergirl 2016

Other (in case there's some version I haven't thought of)
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I chose the DCEU suit, but they only got the colors right in Justice League. Prior to that, it was too dark.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If we base this purely on costume and not the actor in the costume, the Supergirl show did a great job of the costume.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

MoS suit hands down. Not a fan of the BvS/JL versions.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-10-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Supergirl costume for me.

Followed closely by Superman of 1978.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-11-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Honestly, its probably the Adventures of Superboy. Its essentially Reeve's costume, but I like the S better.

Obviously the DCEU costume is made out of better materials, that's only natural when we're talking a 30 year leap in production values and budgets, and I adore the really long cape and S, but there are issues with the color palette, and I don't like the gauntlets.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-10-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

superman-tv-series-1.jpg

I also really like Dean Cain's, even if it's just nostalgic for me.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-11-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

My biased side wants to say Christopher Reeve's suit, but just based on the suit alone, I'd say Gerard Christopher's suit is maybe the best representation so far of the classic Superman suit in live action(and classic will always top the redesigns with me, sorry).

superboy.jpg

BANNED

Christopher Reeve definetly... But it comes down to The actor who caried that costume with such a grace and noblty. Christopher Reeve is the best.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The Reeve and Superboy costumes are probably my favorite (leaning more towards the Superboy costume with the more traditional S) but the Supergirl one is growing on me despite the cape clips! But those boots have got to go! I don't think I'll ever like the DCEU one, though.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This is tough. I like em all aside from the " Returns" suit, but if I must...It's gotta be the DCEU one, particularly the MOS version.

Yeah the colors come off darker than they should, but that's more the filters Snyder used than the suit itself. The gauntlets are a bit much, but it's a neat call back to the original Joe Shuster design which did indeed have gauntlets ( and sandals!). The textures of the suit are nice and I absolutely love the huge flowing kingly cape and the Golden Age inspired "S". It looks alien but at the same time you can instantly look at it and say " that's Superman!".

There was a time I would have said Chris Reeve's suit from the Donner films, but after seeing photos of it close up, I'm struck by how cheap it actually looks without Chris in it. I know it was made 40 years ago, but it only looks marginally better than George Reeve's suit from 20 years prior. Anyone else that put on that suit and it wouldn't have worked. The main reason it comes off so well on screen is Chris himself and partly Geoffrey Unsworth:s great cinematography.

The Superman Returns suit was well made...But it's design is off. It actually made Brandon look less super than he could have looked.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-11-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

DCEU Superman is first for me, mainly because this Superman had more action scenes so it's easier for me to take it seriously and see it as bad-ass. I really like how they added texture and relief to it so you have some kind of glow when filmed right

Then, it will be the Christopher Reeve of course and the Dean Cain one

Though, I gotta give credits for the Supergirl one. Not the one SUperman wears, I hate it but the one Kara uses is absolutely stunning and whoever worked on it gotta get big props

The Adventures of Superman 1952 that Number 1 for me as I loved the two-toned :"S" on the cape!

Superman_Henderson.jpg

Albeit Chris Reeve Superman the Motion Picture is a good design along with Superboy's costume - those would be tied for number 2!

The Christopher Reeve costume. I also really like the costume from the CW Supergirl show.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman