Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    ANd let me guess retcon Kate Bishop out of existence, right?
    How about Kate gets a new hero identity? She can call herself Quiver, or another word related to arrows.

Then Hawkeye can start wearing his CLASSIC COSTUME again. Then the new writer should look to Kurt Busiek's Hawkeye work in Avengers and Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-06-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    How about Kate gets a new hero identity? She can call herself Quiver, or another word related to arrows.

Then Hawkeye can start wearing his CLASSIC COSTUME again. Then the new writer should look to Kurt Busiek's Hawkeye work in Avengers and Thunderbolts.
    I'm down with Quiver. And sure Clint can wear his classic costume again it may look goofy but I don't have much of complaint with what was Kurt Busiek's take on Hawkeye like?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Jim McCann should get a Hawkeye and Mockingbird book. His take on them was fantastic.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I had an idea for a former Red Room recruit who comes out as a trans man, as a new Black Widow. I'd probably have him tag along with Nat for a little while.

For Mockingbird, I'd say pretty much continue with what Cain was doing. A story that makes use of both her scientific and espionage skills. I'd probably tie Nadia and the GIRL crew in there, just a little bit. Not a lot of them, but an occasional guest appearance when she needs help with some science that's outside her area of expertise.

For Hawkeye, well, the only Hawkeye I care about is Kate. So I just want more Kate.

Selfishly, as a huge Daredevil fan, I would love for Natasha to drop into Matt's world for a little bit. Given that Matt's identity is now a secret again, I would like a story or arc where she discovers that Matt and Daredevil are one in the same. I absolutely love their dynamic and I have argued that aside from Foggy, Natasha is the most important relationship in Matt's life and certainly his closest friend in the superhero community.

What I wouldn't mind doing is making a story where Natasha has to fight the Ghost well if that hasn't been done before but if it has I need to think of a twist.

I'm down with Quiver. And sure Clint can wear his classic costume again it may look goofy but I don't have much of complaint with what was Kurt Busiek's take on Hawkeye like?
    Nah, that costume is awesome and is one of Marvel's all-time great costumes. I think the real reason why he doesn't wear it is because if he is wearing the classic stuff and you see him and Kate standing side by side you know which one is going to come off as more interesting. If you make Clint look as boring as Kate you can say that she is just as interesting and maybe people will believe you. That costume reflects Clint's life, and Kate's reflects her life which is why she is such a boring visual.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nah, that costume is awesome and is one of Marvel's all-time great costumes. I think the real reason why he doesn't wear it is because if he is wearing the classic stuff and you see him and Kate standing side by side you know which one is going to come off as more interesting. If you make Clint look as boring as Kate you can say that she is just as interesting and maybe people will believe you. That costume reflects Clint's life, and Kate's reflects her life which is why she is such a boring visual.
    I thought the reason why they change Clint's costume was because of movie synergy? Heck Kate Bishop doesn't exist in the awful Avengers Assemble cartoon and they still use that look.

I thought the reason why they change Clint's costume was because of movie synergy? Heck Kate Bishop doesn't exist in the awful Avengers Assemble cartoon and they still use that look.
    I think it's both. Fraction and Thompson have both been intent on portraying him as a boring loser. I mean, Zub brought back the classic costume very recently only for the boring t-shirt to return in the upcoming reality show bastardization of West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think it's both. Fraction and Thompson have both been intent on portraying him as a boring loser. I mean, Zub brought back the classic costume very recently only for the boring t-shirt to return in the upcoming reality show bastardization of West Coast Avengers.
    Zub brought it back in No Surrender right. Then it's not good that Hawkeye is the mentor of the West Coast Avengers and under Kelly Thompson's pen again. If it was someone else it would be a good thing.

Zub brought it back in No Surrender right. Then it's not good that Hawkeye is the mentor of the West Coast Avengers and under Kelly Thompson's pen again. If it was someone else it would be a good thing.
    You can count on regular humiliation and emasculation for Clint at the hands of several failed characters. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    You can count on regular humiliation and emasculation for Clint at the hands of several failed characters. Very disappointing.
    They need to give Clint a solo book or something.

They need to give Clint a solo book or something.
    With someone like McCann or Zub. He desperately needs one where he isn't constantly disrespected.

I would actually prefer a whole new costume, something that incorporates both the old and the new. A more comic booky take on the look he had in the Civil War movie would be cool. I'm not dead set on any character sticking with their classic costumes (there have been a lot of awesome changes over the years for many characters), but agree the current one is just too bland.

I would also love to see Kate come up with an identity of her own. Why do Miles and Cho have to change their names now, but Kate gets to keep being Hawkeye?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I would actually prefer a whole new costume, something that incorporates both the old and the new. A more comic booky take on the look he had in the Civil War movie would be cool. I'm not dead set on any character sticking with their classic costumes (there have been a lot of awesome changes over the years for many characters), but agree the current one is just too bland.

I would also love to see Kate come up with an identity of her own. Why do Miles and Cho have to change their names now, but Kate gets to keep being Hawkeye?
    Why does DC have two Flashes you must ask? But it is odd that Kate is still Hawkeye when she shouldn't be Clint's equal at least not yet. Clint's not even retired or dead. It's kind of hard to mash both versions of Clint's costumes honestly they don't exactly match well together.