Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You mean a sequel other than the sequel miniseries in the 90s? Cause it does answer that particular question.
    Ah, I didn't know about that. Should have looked harder. Thanks anyways.

Boisterously Confused

The Rocketeer. I would be fun to see Secord fight WWII, and then maybe go into retirement as the jet-age and Cold War ensue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The Rocketeer. I would be fun to see Secord fight WWII, and then maybe go into retirement as the jet-age and Cold War ensue.
    I literally just opened this thread to post this. I have no idea what put the notion out there this week, but I've had Rocketeer on the brain!

Boisterously Confused

John Carter: That is an unjustly maligned film, and further exploring Barsoom would have been a lot of fun.

Astonishing Member

A movie I wish had a prequel, can't now but I wish it had. I would have loved to see prequels of the original Predator cast, with Dillion (Carl Weathers). Where they are a special forces unit that can take on both regular and X-fileish type threats. We all know they bite the big one in Predator but I just love the cast so much I would have loved them in movies even without the ultra cool Predator alien in it. Then I thought while they would be cool as a black ops squad, why not a black ops squad that sometimes strays into otherworldly stuff from time to time, until they meet their match. Could have been another franchise for Arnold maybe squeezed 2 more movies out of it because as much as the concept look of Predator was a major part of the film's success the casting was equally as important. Arnold, Carl, JesseTB, Sonny, Bill dang as Bill Simmons said in a podcast that movie oozes testosterone.

Rounders (Reunite Matt Damon with Edward Norton)

John Carpenter's Escape from L.A. (I really wanna see Escape From Earth)

Timecop (JCVD is back into tip-top fighting form)

Inside Out (Really enjoyed the first film)

Jingle All the Way (Reunite Schwarzenegger with Sinbad now, make it more action-packed)

Shaun of the Dead ('nuff said)

Incredible Member

Fatal Fury:The Motion Picture-Terry Bogard has his rematch with villain Geese Howard from the original OVA. In the flick Geese was training after his defeat at Terry's hands, and was getting more powerful by the day. With Howard wishing for the rematch after his subordinate Billy Kane told him about Loacorn Godimus and his fellow searchers for the Armor of Mars.

PREDATORS-a script, treatment was written with Royce and Ana commandeering a Predator ship to get back to Earth. And fighting a battle with the Predators to keep control of the ship ,and stay on course to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Fatal Fury:The Motion Picture-Terry Bogard has his rematch with villain Geese Howard from the original OVA. In the flick Geese was training after his defeat at Terry's hands, and was getting more powerful by the day. With Howard wishing for the rematch after his subordinate Billy Kane told him about Loacorn Godimus and his fellow searchers for the Armor of Mars.
    To the utmost, I agree. A sequel to Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture is long overdue (IMHO):

Boisterously Confused

Sort of on topic, what was the first Prequel film. The first I can recall is Temple of Doom, which was set a year before Raiders. Of course, it's a bit of a stretch as it has not real connection to, or influence upon Raiders other than its protagonist.

Sort of on topic, what was the first Prequel film. The first I can recall is Temple of Doom, which was set a year before Raiders. Of course, it's a bit of a stretch as it has not real connection to, or influence upon Raiders other than its protagonist.
    "The Good, The Bad & the Ugly" (1966) was a prequel that predates "Temple of Doom."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "The Good, The Bad & the Ugly" (1966) was a prequel that predates "Temple of Doom."
    A prequel to...?

A prequel to...?
    "Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More." The stories have nothing to do with each other, but its essentially the origin of "The Man with No Name" as his worldview was formed by the chaos of the war and near the end of the film, he gets his iconic poncho that he wears in the other two films.

I think there's some dispute about that-it can be argued that despite the similarities, that they are three distinct characters (Sort of like Mortimer and Angel Eyes aren't the same).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More." The stories have nothing to do with each other, but its essentially the origin of "The Man with No Name" as his worldview was formed by the chaos of the war and near the end of the film, he gets his iconic poncho that he wears in the other two films.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think there's some dispute about that-it can be argued that despite the similarities, that they are three distinct characters (Sort of like Mortimer and Angel Eyes aren't the same).
    Like ChrissIII, I always assumed that - in-verse - those were three distinct stories and the director just kept strumming familiar chords. Sort of like the way John Ford kept recycling the names Yorke, Quincannon, and Tyree in his cavalry westerns.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man Of Steel. BVS was not a sequel it was a team up movie. With black Superman coming I doubt we ever see a white Superman again on screen.