Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

While it actually wrapped up in a fairly satisfying fashion, I can't help but want another fifteen minutes of Inherent Vice.

The Power Rangers movie (first reboot).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Niffleheim

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The A-Team

MegaMind

Monsters vs Aliens
    ^^^Yes, yes, and hell yes.

A dark horse pick here, but a sequel to RAMPAGE could be fun. Either a direct one w. The Rock and George, or they could “US MARSHALLS” it w. another monster-centric mission for Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Harvey Russell, and see what other weird stuff he encounters as part of that “other Govt. agency”.

Neither is likely to happen though.

Ultimate Member

Picking from movies I don't expect to ever get a sequel;

The Losers. Best DC movie ever, IMO. Loved it. Such a great cast, and such dynamic characters they got to play.

Sahara. Apparently lost all the moneys between flopping at the box office, and running way over budget due to bribery and graft on the location, but gosh, it was a fun movie.

John Carter. Glorious spectacle. Deadly dull acting from the lead, sadly. Died with a whimper at the box office.

Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets. Even *more* glorious spectacle. A visual treat, with the usual dash of absurdity the director loves. Again, terrible casting, IMO, as the lead dude was the least action hero-y action hero, ever, being some malnourished twelve year old.

Big Hero 6. Where's my Big Hero 7? The one where we find out that Tadashi survived the explosion but now has fire-powers and becomes Sunfire? And where Abigail joins the team, with some weird phasing power from her long time in the other dimension? And Fred gets a new costume that looks like Rodan, instead, and can fly, and has a sonic scream gadget, because *everyone* thought giving that spaz a flamethrower was the worst idea in the history of terrible ideas? Or is that all just in my head?

Astonishing Member

There are more movies I wish hadn't sequels

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    There are more movies I wish hadn't sequels
    ^^^That’s why i’m actually surprised this thread is getting so many great responses. Usually it’s the negative threads that bring ppl running.

Agree w. sutekh on SAHARA, JOHN CARTER and VALERIAN. Those were great. LOSERS I enjoyed but never really thought about a sequel for it. BIG HERO 6 at least got an ongoing cartoon, which is actually pretty enjoyable.

Extraordinary Member

Go

Not sure how many people saw it, but it was amazing. It was definitely a film that when it was over, I wanted more.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Can't really think of any. Most of the singleton movies I like were either self-contained stories where any sequel would be contrived, or were "lightning in a bottle" situations where it would be nearly impossible to repeat the success, and any sequel would just diminish the original.

There are quite a few movies that did have sequels that I wish had better sequels... The Blues Brothers, Caddyshack, Conan the Barbarian, The Matrix, Men In Black, Wayne's World, Ghostbusters...

Astonishing Member

I can't think of a movie I want to see a sequel, except Superhero movies. They can go on forever

Spectacular Member

I can think of a couple. I really liked Push, which is a superhero movie except for the costumes

Clint couldn't do it now but Craig Thomas did write a sequel to Firefox called Firefox Down which would have been a good basis for a new movie
    Last edited by TheBlackTerror; 01-29-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The A-Team
    Man I just watched that movie again the other day, and it still holds up so well. The team of Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, and Sharlto Copley just worked so well together.

Ultimate Member

Push was an interesting one. I'm not sure I want a sequel to Push itself, per se, so much as more stories set in that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man I just watched that movie again the other day, and it still holds up so well. The team of Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, and Sharlto Copley just worked so well together.
    Yeah it took everything about the show that was great and ran w. it. It also managed to capture one thing the show had that can’t really be done on purpose which was chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    ...Clint couldn't do it now but Craig Thomas did write a sequel to Firefox called Firefox Down which would have been a good basis for a new movie
    ^^^you just made me think, a sequel to HEARTBREAK RIDGE w. Mario Van Peebles as the crusty old Gunny (and a Clint cameo) would be pretty dope.

Mighty Member

Chocolate (Thailand) : Jeeja returns as the martial arts savant. She stares at her Indonesian neighbours DVDS and downloads and starts fighting like Iko and mad Dog...