Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've never seen any of the modern Mummy movies though I saw the old 1940s version. But I did see "The Scorpion King" and would have liked to see a sequel.
    They did 4 more Scorpion King movies, but they were all direct to DVD shlock fests and didn't star the Rock.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’d love a sequel to The Nice Guys. Russel Crowe and Ryan Gosling were hilarious together. Unfortunately won’t happen since it flopped.
    This is the only film mentioned so far I would want a sequel to. Great movie and one of the few cases where I didn't get a sequel to a movie I liked.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This makes me wish that Universal had stuck with their original plan for The Mummy. Brendon Frazier's Rick O'Connell was supposed to be a franchise character that would go through the whole roster of the studio's famous monsters. Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula and the lot.
    Oh wow, that could have been cool. The sequel Mummy movies were... less good, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    They did 4 more Scorpion King movies, but they were all direct to DVD shlock fests and didn't star the Rock.
    Woe. I never even heard of any of them though I can understand why.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Gladiator. Maximus story was over, but I always wanted to see Juba's journey home.
    There's been talk of sequels for years-some ideas sounded a bit silly, like resurrecting Maximus and having him travel in time; or perhaps following Lucius's life and learning that Maximus was his actual father.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

How could I forget this:

The last one was a flop but I still wish, hope, they get the money from somewhere to make part 3.

Buckaroo Banzai full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Buckaroo Banzai: They promised!!

Green Lantern: Mark Strong as Sinestro was one of the things the first movie did NOT do wrong. Too bad we won't get to see Hal v Sinestro in all its celluloid glory.

The Professional: Mathilda's grown up and shootin' MF's in the face! (but no women, no kids...)

Superbad: I don't know why we didn't get a chance to see these kids in college. I mean, but would I want a sequel now? .... yes!

The Rocketeer: The source material was there. Jennifer Connelly essentially playing Bettie Page - yes, please!

Labyrinth: (speaking of JCo) Too late now that Bowie's gone, but yeah - it could have been awesome.

The Black Cauldron: There were 3 (I think) books and they all deserved a movie, but Disney went and screwed it up.

Serenity: ... you can't take the sky from me....
    Awesome choices. Black Cauldron would be tricky since the first film amalgamated several different Prydain books together. I'd rather see someone start over with Horned King and go through the series book by book.

Matilda.

What does a young woman with psychic powers wind up doing with them?

Of course, family friendly, per the first one. But does she learn some valuable lessons about manipulation? Cheating? Exploitation? She was level headed in the first movie, but temptation is strong when it feels like you’re helping more than hurting.

Her “big bad” could wind up being herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    How could I forget this:

The last one was a flop but I still wish, hope, they get the money from somewhere to make part 3.
    Whoa, did not know about this. I didn't go see the last one because I can't stand Lady Gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Whoa, did not know about this. I didn't go see the last one because I can't stand Lady Gaga.
    It was good, until about the middle/third of the movie, then it suddenly became all setup for the sequel. It suddenly became sci-fi and began incorporating everything you saw in the above trailer (which was shown at the beginning of the movie).

Weird decision, and I wonder if that's what tanked it. Instead of a whole Machete sequel, we got half a sequel and half a trailer for the next movie. It felt like two incomplete movies shoved together.

Ironically, I'd still like to see this "Machete Kills Again...In Space!" if for no other reason than to at least have ONE complete Machete sequel. Though now that I'm thinking about it, they could do one last movie that ignores/mostly ignores the events of Machete Kills so they (the writers/Robert Rodriguez) aren't chained to carry on the events of a movie that flopped.

well, you can always pretend "Revolutionary Road" is a sequel.
    Very clever, Nate Grey.

Same way I pretend "The Lake House" is a sequel to Speed 1.
    My top 2 favorite "non-animated" movies of all-time, and I would never have considered entertaining the idea of connecting them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    You didn't see it just because Gaga? She's not even in it that much.

It was good, until about the middle/third of the movie, then it suddenly became all setup for the sequel. It suddenly became sci-fi and began incorporating everything you saw in the above trailer (which was shown at the beginning of the movie).

Weird decision, and I wonder if that's what tanked it. Instead of a whole Machete sequel, we got half a sequel and half a trailer for the next movie. It felt like two incomplete movies shoved together.

Ironically, I'd still like to see this "Machete Kills Again...In Space!" if for no other reason than to at least have ONE complete Machete sequel. Though now that I'm thinking about it, they could do one last movie that ignores/mostly ignores the events of Machete Kills so they (the writers/Robert Rodriguez) aren't chained to carry on the events of a movie that flopped.
    To try to be as even-handed as I can about this one...

If you are a fan of movies that don't just go "Ham" but instead go "Ham And Eggs"?

You would be making a serious mistake not sitting through that second "Machete" film.

I've always wanted a sequel to the movie Willow. It's one of my absolute favorite movies and I thought there was a lot of potential for sequels. It looks like I may even get my wish albeit in tv series form(which could be even better than a movie sequel) for Disney Plus-

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-will...warwick-davis/

I will be super excited if it is greenlit.