Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I know more movies I wish had no sequel at all.

Dirty Dancing
    John Wick
    Conan The Barbarian
    Batman the Movie
    Shanghai Noon
    Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I know more movies I wish had no sequel at all.

Batman the Movie
    Unless you're counting the two animated movies in the last few years of Adam West's life, that movie never had a sequel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Unless you're counting the two animated movies in the last few years of Adam West's life, that movie never had a sequel?
    I mean the Burton one, not the original.

I mean the Burton one, not the original.
    Ah. Probably should've not added "the Movie" then since that's more associated with the 66 film. Burton's is just Batman.

(I actually like Batman Returns more than Batman and am glad that sequel was made, but to each their own.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ah. Probably should've not added "the Movie" then since that's more associated with the 66 film. Burton's is just Batman.

(I actually like Batman Returns more than Batman and am glad that sequel was made, but to each their own.)
    Ah, okay. In Germany its know for Batman the Movie. The Original had a dumb title I cannot even translate in englisch, its so corny. Something like Batman keeps the world breathless. I guess its the right translation.

And yes, Batman Returns was good, its unfair of what I said. So lets leave it at the first two parts that never should have a sequel.

Batman forever really isn't that bad either.

Ah, okay. In Germany its know for Batman the Movie. The Original had a dumb title I cannot even translate in englisch, its so corny. Something like Batman keeps the world breathless. I guess its the right translation.

And yes, Batman Returns was good, its unfair of what I said. So lets leave it at the first two parts that never should have a sequel.
    I never knew that about the translation for Batman. Just assumed it had the same title everywhere. Learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Power Rangers movie (first reboot).
    Just watched that for the first time last weekend, and I would love a sequel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Go

Not sure how many people saw it, but it was amazing. It was definitely a film that when it was over, I wanted more.

Saw that in theaters. I remember it had a killer soundtrack, but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hellboy or Constantine
    The original Hellboy movie did get a sequel. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Sky High
    Up Up and Away
    Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    The American version won't get a sequel, but they did do another movie with the female lead character recently. And if you want to see the whole Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy on film, the Swedish films are supposed to be very good, if you don't find foreign language films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It would be an interesting technical challenge for James Cameron if he did another story set on the Titanic, with the characters from the first one still in the movie, but new characters playing out a completely different story. Given the advances in technology since the first one, there's a lot more they could do.

Since it would be playing out in the same timeframe, it wouldn't really be a prequel or a sequel--it would be a paraquel.
    Nah. If Cameron would do a sequel, I'd want him to pick another shipwreck, like the Andrea Doria.

For me, I'd love to see a sequel to The Gentlemen. That was a fun modern gangster movie.

And I know they've made a TV show out of it, but I always wanted a sequel to The Golden Compass.

Retired

I like this idea I came up with for a second TITANIC that uses state of the art effects to insert new actors into the previous movie. Like how they did with "The Trouble With Tribbles" and "Trials and Tribble-ations" on DEEP SPACE NINE.

I could see this becoming a new fad. I was thinking about it watching LOIS & CLARK the other day--that you could do a whole 'nother series with characters in the background who are now the stars of the show and weave through the old episodes.

Pretty much any T.V. show or movie is ripe for this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Green Lantern
    Masters of the universe (a sequel to this was recycled into the Van Damme Cyborg flick)
    Young Sherlock Holmes
    Observe and report

and you?
    Sky High. It would have been nice to check in again on the young heroes and see what new challenges they face proving themselves to the prior generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Breakin' 3. An actual sequel, too, not a reboot.
    Dang and around the time Shabba Doo died he said he was actually trying to get a Breakin' 3 made. RIP.

Well, guess I'll change my answer to It's Pat 2. Wonder what Pat and Chris are up to 27 years later.

Mighty Member

Kevin Costner's Mr. Brooks. It was originally intended as a trilogy, but the first one didn't do enough BO

I wish Gone With the Wind had a sequel, so we will see what happens to Scarlett who vowed to get Rhett back, which is what she said to herself in the end of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I wish Gone With the Wind had a sequel, so we will see what happens to Scarlett who vowed to get Rhett back, which is what she said to herself in the end of the movie.
    You mean a sequel other than the sequel miniseries in the 90s? Cause it does answer that particular question.

Shin Godzilla (2016) - I hope Anno doesn't just leave that tail thing open ended and returns to it after Shin Kamen Rider.
    JOKER (2019) - I'd like this to be expanded to trilogy with the last film introducing that world's Batman.