Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr Doom in the WH40K universe

If we take Dr Doom (along with his resources, castle, doombots, tech) and place him in the Warhammer 40K universe; would he become a factor in the ongoing war? Will he be a non-factor that'll be easily eliminated? Can he replace the God Emperor?

Let's say Marvel spells works as normal in the WH40K universe.
    Last edited by k von doom; 04-26-2018 at 03:58 PM.

I know next to nothing about that universe. I know that probably two thirds of the uniforms judged at ECCC were from that universe though. Pretty elaborate costumes too.

Who are the top dogs in that univers k von doom? What kind of power output we talking?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I know next to nothing about that universe. I know that probably two thirds of the uniforms judged at ECCC were from that universe though. Pretty elaborate costumes too.

Who are the top dogs in that univers k von doom? What kind of power output we talking?
    depends on the era. pre-horus Heresy, it would go to the emperor of mankind and his sons, the primachs.

current era, it's his son and current defacto leader of the imperium of man, roboute guilliman.

but you gotta understand. WH40k is not only really dark but there are a lot of different factions and groups that span the whole of the galaxy. some, doom could handle. others? doom would best stay away from.

Doom honestly strikes me as the kind of guy who'd reach out to the point of not being able to pull back in 40k

On the other hand knowing Doom it might actually work

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well he won't be able to replace emps. his armies are too loyal. well, the loyalists anyway.

Mighty Member

The top dogs are probably the gods. You have your Chaos gods (Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle), then you have your old ones, your Eldar gods (Cegorach, Khaine, Isha, Asuryan, Ynnead, there might be some others I am forgetting), you also have your C'Tan (the outsider, the deceiver, the void dragon, and the burning one), the God Emperor of Mankind, the Machine God, and Gork and Mork. These are all beings that operate on at least a galactic scale.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well he won't be able to replace emps. his armies are too loyal. well, the loyalists anyway.
    Not an expert on wh4k but couldn't soon just replace the emperor with a doombot?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Not an expert on wh4k but couldn't soon just replace the emperor with a doombot?
    The Emperor serves an important function as a psychic beacon that allows for navigation of the warp (FTL travel). A doombot probably isn't replicating that.

I think he'd try and power jack a Chaos God or the Emperor. He's human but he is also a heretic as he wouldn't worship the emperor. AdMech would be after him for using forbidden tech. It is possible that he might be forced to hide in the Eye and become a demon prince. But he'd definitely be unhappy serving someone else so he'd always be watching for that moment to power jack or outright try to slay (which we don't even know if it's possible or not) a chaos god and succeed them. Maybe Tzeentch since he is the go to sorcerer God. Doom would definitely spend a lot of time studying the warp and harnessing it's powers in any case.

Or he could try and power jack a C'tan or gather some shards of them for a power up.

Another option would be trying to take over Mars and Admech. He is far smarter than any of them, even Cawl.

Or he could take on a different identity and scheme his way to being a High Lord of Terra.

I could even see him experimenting on Tyranids and turning an entire hive fleet to follow him or something.

If he can get to the webway he can certainly out scheme the dark eldar.

Hell, he can just go around doing most of the above through ovoid mind swaps. Only a top tier psyker is going to be able to resist him since Doom's willpower is off the charts.

Doom is going to have a lot of fun in the 40k verse.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 04-25-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Yeah, I can't see Doom being happy about worshipping a god, so he is likely to try to power-jack one. Doom also has a time machine, so he is likely to spend some time learning the history of the 40K universe, and then start messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Yeah, I can't see Doom being happy about worshipping a god, so he is likely to try to power-jack one. Doom also has a time machine, so he is likely to spend some time learning the history of the 40K universe, and then start messing with it.
    Quite likely. With his armor and sorcery (assuming it works in this universe of course and if it doesn't he'll quickly adapt to using the warp to the same basic ends) he is already basically a primarch level guy in 40k.

If Doom can control the Imperium then he would make it a better place to live. Agri worlds and forge worlds start pumping out a lot more goods due to his innovations. The only real problems are the demon rift on terra and the astronomicon working without the Emperor. I feel it is very probable Doom can solve both issues. Shunt the demon gate to another dimension or time period, that'd be easy for him. I think he could probably even improve on the astronomicon, the question is who or what is going to be powering it. I don't see Doom volunteering to sit in agony on the golden throne. We are talking about Doom so he might just pop off with "well here is an even better totally safe form of warp travel that doesn't need the astronomicon" or something.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 04-25-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Yeah, I think power jacking a chaos god is his most likely option.....but which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yeah, I think power jacking a chaos god is his most likely option.....but which one?
    Yes.

/limit
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Khorne and Slaanesh don't seem like his style, and Nurgle might come with some gross side effects, so I think Doom would go after Tzeentch.

Depending on the faction, the most powerful beings in 40k are the Emperor, currently mostly dead, but in his prime was a physical god with reality-warping psionic powers, the Primarchs, who vary wildly. Some have their own powers and can grow to kaiju size, some can overpower kaiju when human size, one is basically Batman, one has wings, one is a space viking, but generally speaking they're all superhumanly strong and fast, named Space Marines in lore have bullet time/aim dodge level speed, and the Primarhs are the templates they were made from. Besides them there's Farseers, powerful psychics, various star gods, but the most powerful has always been the four Chaos Gods, in their home dimension their power is almost infinite.