Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    ...which is what I said above.

No offense, but I feel like every time I agree with you, you still have to repeat points I've already made in an attempt to argue. C'mon now. This ain't fun.

I feel like I could agree with you that a sandwich tastes good and, somehow, some way, that would trigger you to counter my support of the sandwich, even if we're both enjoying it at the same time.
    What a strange thing to get annoyed over. Especially when that wasn't what you said in the post I was replying to

But even being able to hang with the Spectre the first time around already means one is obscenely powerful compared to most others.
    To be clear, my response to the first post was, "yeah but he did him up the second time". To which you replied "at least he hung with him the first time", which wasn't what happened anyway. I mean that's just you disagreeing with your own earlier post about the context

Your two posts mean very different things, as do my two replies

Just to note, "hanging with someone" would imply at least *directly* contesting their respective powers. The only time that happened Spectre did up a more powerful version of the imp
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 04-24-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Mxy is on the same order of power as Pre Retcon Beyonder.
    That's taking it way too far.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Mxy is on the same order of power as Pre Retcon Beyonder.
    Yeah, no. PR Beyonder was well beyond dudes who are beyond Mxy.

I thought Emperor Joker had 99% of Mxy's power, not 1%.

*shrugs*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Saying his name backwards only works when he allows it. For instance when he is playing a game with Superman. In one comic, Superman says his name backwards and Mxy ignores it and says I'm not playing that game anymore.
    It’s Mxy who needs to say his own name backwards. The whole point is that he needs to be tricked into doing it (Superman once did this by tricking Mxy into spelling out in a rocket sky trail). Supergirl gets him to type it out, making him think it’s the code to stop her Fortress self-destructing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I thought Emperor Joker had 99% of Mxy's power, not 1%.

*shrugs*
    Emperor joker had 99%. Afterwards we find Joker has 1% remaining after the events of Emperor Joker, with which he created multiple realities like the Red son Superman

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    It’s Mxy who needs to say his own name backwards. The whole point is that he needs to be tricked into doing it (Superman once did this by tricking Mxy into spelling out in a rocket sky trail). Supergirl gets him to type it out, making him think it’s the code to stop her Fortress self-destructing.
    I know, but it's a self-imposed restriction to give the heroes a chance; he doesn't have to abide by it. This is for the comics I'm talking about. The animated series is a bit different.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I know, but it's a self-imposed restriction to give the heroes a chance; he doesn't have to abide by it. This is for the comics I'm talking about. The animated series is a bit different.
    Even in the animated series, it was a self-imposed role which he altered at his whim, and it only went into effect one he realized it, not automatically (ie: he didn't disappear immediately after sky writing his name backwards, twice, but only after he saw that that was what Superman had tricked him into doing)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Well, there was the confrontation they had in World's Funnest...

It's not really canon though. For one thing, Bat-mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk kinda destroy the entire multiverse...
    Not canon but really great! I have to find that book now...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, no. PR Beyonder was well beyond dudes who are beyond Mxy.
    Ok. If not Beyonder, I'd say at least Q.

Ok. If not Beyonder, I'd say at least Q.
    There’s a hell of a huge middle ground between those two which is inhabited by everyone from Galactus, Franklin Richards, Celestials (probably), Spectre, CoIE Anti-Monitor and Living Tribunal (the OG-version) to the Presence and TOAA. And Mxy falls in the middle there somewhere as well.

Astonishing Member

Just for info, Hal-Spectre thought the Omega effect was just an ouch and then blasted Darkseid to a skeleton. Of course, he came back with the usual - I am central to the universe PIS.

Corrigan Spectre told DS to watch it as he might come back for a visit and clean his clock.