Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mighty Member

Wow. Oddly paced, with characters literally everywhere. Kind of a mess structurally. No idea how you judge it as a stand alone film.

But amazing. It bounces around from fun, thought provoking, dark, joyous, mournful and everywhere in between and does it with a surprising deftness of touch. It's got great moments for almost everyone.

Going to need to see it again to process it, but I enjoyed the first viewing immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Fair enough. I actually thought the humor to drama ratio was perfect for me. This honestly might have been the most i laughed in a movie that wasnt a straight up comedy. There are a few jokes that had the theater erupting into room shaking laughter. I'm not gonna spoil it but there's a spongebob joke made In this movie and boy did the theater come alive for that one.

Yea the reveal of Wakanda again and when Cap first appears off the top of my head got audible cheers. There were a few more but there so much movie here I honestly forgot alot of what happens. I'm see this again Sunday hopefully.
    Don't get me wrong, the jokes were funny. I laughed at quite a few.

I just felt there were too many for a movie of this magnitude and undercut the gravity of a lot of scenes and the story as a whole. I'm not saying the movie should have been deprived of humour, but I was looking for the type of humour from movies like Winter Soldier, Civil War and Black Panther. Movies where jokes were present, but did not feel out of place.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

That movie was SO great! I don't even know why it's great. It's a mess. It's so big. It's so sloppy. It's so fun! That's probably a big part of why it's so great. It's fun. Big fun. It doesn't run from its essential crossover comic event appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wow. Oddly paced, with characters literally everywhere. Kind of a mess structurally. No idea how you judge it as a stand alone film.

But amazing. It bounces around from fun, thought provoking, dark, joyous, mournful and everywhere in between and does it with a surprising deftness of touch. It's got great moments for almost everyone.

Going to need to see it again to process it, but I enjoyed the first viewing immensely.
    We're on another level now. No one is coming into this with no knowledge of what happened before. I agree it's amazing.

So, its here! I am starting for the movie theater within an hour. Hope i enjoy the film.

Now i have only one question. When does Superman show up? I know they hid him as it would have been a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the jokes were funny. I laughed at quite a few.

I just felt there were too many for a movie of this magnitude and undercut the gravity of a lot of scenes and the story as a whole. I'm not saying the movie should have been deprived of humour, but I was looking for the type of humour from movies like Winter Soldier, Civil War and Black Panther. Movies where jokes were present, but did not feel out of place.
    I agree with you. The humour felt out of place for something this magnitude. There was less drama than there should have been.

BANNED

from the Forbes website
    Walt Disney’s*Peter Parker and the Deathly Hallows part I*Avengers: Infinity War*got off to a knock-out start last night, nabbing a massive $39 million in Thursday preview grosses.
    lol

What a film! I thought it took some time to get going, but once it did it was awesome. I have minor issues with it. But overall i think its another winner from Marvel.

BANNED

I saw it yesterday. Surprisingly it was better than I thought that it would be. Given the huge ensemble, I didn't expect that there would be a character study, but it did have it's share of depth. I was surprised at the end, they didn't even try to make it up beat. I especially loved seeing Wakanda and the characters again. I also liked Wanda. Elizabeth Olsen really did a great job with the character. She just killed it. I remember when she was cast, the first thing I wondered was why they didn't cast a 'real woman' for the role like Michelle Dockery or Gemma Atterton, actressess who can play strong, intelligent and feminine . But Olsen has really impressed me.

I also liked Thanos, thank God, it was so nice to see a villain with real motivations. Not like the Joker in the Dark Knight or Loki in The Avengers who just want to cause mayhem for the sake of it. That's unrealistic. Neither was Thanos just some resentful manchild like Kylo Ren or Kill Monger. He was actually very shrewd and thoughtful. The best villains don't think of themselves as villains. They usually think that they are doing something for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

So my initial reaction is: it was a good movie that left me disappointed by the amount of levity. I'd give the movie a 7.5/10. Due to the number of different groups of friends I have, I am going to watch it a second time on Saturday. However, based on my first viewing, I think I will be watching it only twice in the theatres.
    I thought the jokes were fine and well placed. And I am not one to take to American comedies or humour. It had context and it actually 'fit' in the film more than if people had been standing around making pompous speaches like in the Dark Knight.

Mighty Member

Awesome!!!!!!!

Incredible Member

Anyone know if the piano portion of the avengers theme that played when the title appeared in the credits was in the soundtracks? I can’t seem to find that part even in the end credits portion of the song. That part of the credits really got to me and would love to hear it again.