Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I haven't read any spoilers.

I skimmed a few less than positive reviews, and their takes have been interesting. I feel like I'll probably fall to their side of things once I see the movie. But that's just talking about the movie as a movie, and not the content of the movie, so who knows. Still, it sounds like what I figured would happen, happened.

Sadly I'll probably have this spoiled by click bait headlines well before I get a chance to see it.

I was reading a local news article posted on the stations Facebook account and some troll was posting infinity war spoilers in the comments section. The article was completely unrelated which makes it even more stupid. I quickly clicked away, but I glimpsed at one character death the troll posted. Luckily, if it ends up being true, it’s a character I thought would bite it, so it wasn’t a huge spoiler. Again, beware of the internet and social media until you’ve seen the movie. I am counting down the hours until I see it tomorrow evening at 7pm in IMAX.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    People, don't be late to your seat. You will regret it if you miss even the first minute of the movie.
    Even though I have a reserved seat, I plan to be at my theater at least an hour before showtime tomorrow night. When I went to the Thursday evening showings of Force Awakens and Last Jedi there were so many lines of people waiting to get into their theater that you could barely move. The AMC theater I go to is pretty big by the way, so I was shocked when it was like shoulder to shoulder in there. Not to mention the lines for snacks were also INSANE. I can only imagine how packed it’s going to be tomorrow and over the weekend.

If you're looking for a primer for Infinity War, take a look here. I break down the original Infinity Trilogy by Starlin and give some thoughts about what we could expect in the new film. Thanks!

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Even though I have a reserved seat, I plan to be at my theater at least an hour before showtime tomorrow night. When I went to the Thursday evening showings of Force Awakens and Last Jedi there were so many lines of people waiting to get into their theater that you could barely move. The AMC theater I go to is pretty big by the way, so I was shocked when it was like shoulder to shoulder in there. Not to mention the lines for snacks were also INSANE. I can only imagine how packed it’s going to be tomorrow and over the weekend.
    Good idea. Enjoy yourself.

Double toasted gave it two High Full prices and a better then sex. They do say Thanos is Marvels best villain and that his CGI is phenomenal throughout. The black Order sounds like are just real cool henchmen no development. Would post a link cause it's a good spoiler free review but I'm at work and ain't got time.

You will probably feel lightheaded after you leave the cinema for a while.

I've found that everyone needs to find one of the smaller theaters with good plushy recliners if you can, I have one I go to and I'd take it even with the smaller screen over one of the giant multiplexes any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Double toasted gave it two High Full prices and a better then sex. They do say Thanos is Marvels best villain and that his CGI is phenomenal throughout. The black Order sounds like are just real cool henchmen no development. Would post a link cause it's a good spoiler free review but I'm at work and ain't got time.
    I got ya

Good idea. Enjoy yourself.
    Thanks I am definitely hyped beyond belief!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I've found that everyone needs to find one of the smaller theaters with good plushy recliners if you can, I have one I go to and I'd take it even with the smaller screen over one of the giant multiplexes any day of the week

I got ya
    Lol thanks still can't believe he shaved his head for his Debo/Thanos Costume.

It's a good thing the release date for this movie coincided with a public holiday here in Oz, otherwise I would've had to brave sold-out weekend screenings. All sessions at my local cinema were sold out on Wednesday; even the 10am ones.

All-New Member

People, don't be late to your seat. You will regret it if you miss even the first minute of the movie.
    Very true! And (does anyone need to be told?) stay until the very end of the credits!

However Dr Doom was portrayed in past FF films; Thanos is done completely opposite; in other words, done right.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    However Dr Doom was portrayed in past FF films; Thanos is done completely opposite; in other words, done right.
    Yea from the reviews I've seen on top of people liking his portrayal the CGI is amazingly done. The biggest problem I had with Beauty and the beast was that the beast didn't feel like he had any real weight to him. Which made him not feel real. I hear the opposite about Thanos. He feels massive and that it makes him that much more terrifying when he moves incredibly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea from the reviews I've seen on top of people liking his portrayal the CGI is amazingly done. The biggest problem I had with Beauty and the beast was that the beast didn't feel like he had any real weight to him. Which made him not feel real. I hear the opposite about Thanos. He feels massive and that it makes him that much more terrifying when he moves incredibly fast.
    Great CGI and great acting from Brolin.