Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

To be honest, I don't see the point in reading reviews for the film. It's the kind of film event where you already decided if you're invested in the MCU to the point you will have to watch the movie just to be able to understand every single other MCU movie that comes after.

If you're disinterested enough to be on the edge of whether you should be watching the film, then honestly you prolly can wait for homevideo or something, and by then, it's amazing if you can avoid spoilers as everyone starts openly talking about story elements.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I watched the movie yesterday and just as I stepped out of the theatre I checked a review site on FB and clicked on comments. The first comment was exactly what happened at the end the movie. I felt sorry for the people who clicked on it.
    Oooh I haven't been on Facebook all day . Don't plan on going on until after I see the movie tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oooh I haven't been on Facebook all day . Don't plan on going on until after I see the movie tomorrow night.
    It's like that Simpsons episode when Homer went to see Empire Strikes Back, and walks out of the theatre muttering how Darth Vader was Luke's father. Though, now people can do that en masse and on purpose.

yeah I've managed to avoid all spoilers so far, just have to hold out till 9 tomorrow, I have a lot of internet practice of immediately rolling my eyes the second a sentence goes in a dangerous direction

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I watched the movie yesterday and just as I stepped out of the theatre I checked a review site on FB and clicked on comments. The first comment was exactly what happened at the end the movie. I felt sorry for the people who clicked on it.
    Eh, don't really feel sorry for those people. With something this big it should be common knowledge to avoid reading any reviews. Browsing the comments section is just a dumb idea.

Went yesterday and was disappointed.

It just to me feels that the Marvel formula is wearing thin. Even in the dramatic scenes I felt having the quips was tiresome. A lot felt disjointed with the characters. The movie had great moments and great characterizations but yeah was just disappointed.

People will like it and that's fine. I think some of the actors were tired for non-stop filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Went yesterday and was disappointed.

It just to me feels that the Marvel formula is wearing thin. Even in the dramatic scenes I felt having the quips was tiresome. A lot felt disjointed with the characters. The movie had great moments and great characterizations but yeah was just disappointed.

People will like it and that's fine. I think some of the actors were tired for non-stop filming.
    Dang. Well...better you than me.

BANNED

Yeah, call this one Infinity Snore. There's no plot. Illusion of Stakes, half the cast does nothing, and the jokes are just plain awful.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-26-2018 at 08:00 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, call this one Infinity Snore. There's no plot. Illusion of Stakes, and the jokes are just plain awful.
    I am amazed to find anyone willing to say any of this. So without spoiling it did anyone die?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I am amazed to find anyone willing to say any of this. So without spoiling it did anyone die?
    There are casualties, yes, but that's as far as I'm taking it...and you don't care when they happen either (well except for ONE, and it's the most emotional scene of the whole film)

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

There are casualties, yes, but that's as far as I'm taking it...and you don't care when they happen either (well except for ONE, and it's the most emotional scene of the whole film)
    If this is the best Marvel can do with the biggest release they've had since Iron 1 I cannot imagine how they are going to go into Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But more importantly will anyone I mean anyone care to remember any of these films the same way people remember the first Superman film and the Nolan and Tim Burton Batman films?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

For people wondering how Infinity War is, it is holding steady on the 2 big aggregators, with 68/100 on Metacritic based on 49 critics and 7.6/10 average on Rotten Tomatoes based on 168 reviews. Note that I find the average more helpful at Rotten Tomatoes than the weighted Tomatometer, which currently stands at 87%. The 87% would put Infinity War square in the middle of MCU releases.

In other words, Infinity War is another critically acclaimed movie for the MCU, no doubt on its way to being a blockbuster, smash hit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    For people wondering how Infinity War is, it is holding steady on the 2 big aggregators, with 68/100 on Metacritic based on 49 critics and 7.6/10 average on Rotten Tomatoes based on 168 reviews. Note that I find the average more helpful at Rotten Tomatoes than the weighted Tomatometer, which currently stands at 87%. The 87% would put Infinity War square in the middle of MCU releases.

In other words, Infinity War is another critically acclaimed movie for the MCU, no doubt on its way to being a blockbuster, smash hit.
    Rotten Tomatoes has become as important as marrying a person for being just hot.

Yeah, call this one Infinity Snore. There's no plot. Illusion of Stakes, half the cast does nothing, and the jokes are just plain awful.
    The complaint of the no plot is the reason I may have to skip it or try and see how Solo and Deadpool 2 turn out first. Call it the grey heads , I cannot watch any movie in cinema with no plot anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    In other words, Infinity War is another critically acclaimed movie for the MCU
    Consensus can be wrong. In this case it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If this is the best Marvel can do with the biggest release they've had since Iron 1 I cannot imagine how they are going to go into Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But more importantly will anyone I mean anyone care to remember any of these films the same way people remember the first Superman film and the Nolan and Tim Burton Batman films?
    Come off it. Marvel is the best there is at what they do!

And what Marvel and Feige do is make critically acclaimed, box-office bonanzas!

No one should underestimate the enormity of what Feige and the MCU have pulled off. In 10 years, they have grossed $6 billion in U.S. box office receipts. That's the gold standard for studio accounting and for making a studio money. On total budgets of almost $3 billion, they've more than doubled the profit, the net, to almost $3.3 billion. Worldwide, box office receipts to date are at $15 billion. And they've done it all while remaining the critical and media darlings of the tent-pole movies. There is no other franchise like Marvel these days. Star Wars comes close and if they do it right could be bigger, but they're not there yet. Pixar comes close. God help us, Disney owns it all, too. Marvel's a money machine and love machine, producing mountains of cash, fame, hordes of adoring fans and slobbering critics. Marvel is not only the 800 lb. gorilla in the room, EVERYBODY loves the damn gorilla, too.

Just learn to love and embrace the MCU. Marvel's not going anywhere but up for a long time.