Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Those scenes look great. The art is perfect.

Why do they call her the most dangerous woman in the galaxy?

So after 2 issues, The new series is pretty amazing. The art is awesome.

Of course i am not a Gamora purist, having only read her in IG, and whatever her appearences were in DnAs cosmic books.

So i understand those upset if she is not being portrayed as the same character.

art by leandro Matos

Cover Cho n 3

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

God Damn It! I wish I could pick this series up because that scene looks bad-ass! I'll have to ask for this as a gift when it comes out in trade.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Those scenes look great. The art is perfect.

Why do they call her the most dangerous woman in the galaxy?
    Thanos changed her perception and made her be ok with being his assassin.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Was there any mention in the first issue at all of the Universal Church of Truth (the "real" killers of Gamora's people)? I think it would be kind of cool to explore all the craziness of Gamora's history- her original history and how Adam's cosmic suicide affected her perceptions of things. I know that even Starlin had her hate the Badoon (her people's new killers), but it was something I think could have been really cool for him to explore while she was still the guardian of the Time Gem.
    Yeah it would have been better if both The Universal Church of Truth and the Badoons killed her parents and to answer your question no UCOT were not mentioned
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-20-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
    I absolutely loathed it. It was the cause of my rapidly dropping numerous Marvel books for its retconning of both simple history (ie, Gamora was raised alone; Thanos does not respect Nebula's false claims to familial relation), and emotional history (ie, Thanos's relationship with Gamora, which was not, as Perlman notes "abuse and torture", despite also writing that into the movie and removing any nuance from that relationship, and making Gamora a complete doofus who, rather than having familial attachment to a rather evil being who showed concern for her...followed someone who tortured her because reasons, before suddenly realizing torture was bad, because reasons)
    Loved Gamora #1 and #2. Fortunately I have never read previous histories and can enjoy this run on it's own merits. Your analysis was so far off based on dusty continuities no one else cares about. You forget Thanos and what he does and how it is perceived by others is a constant ethical quicksand. This book was one I almost skipped because of it's schedule delay and the fact that Legendary Starlord/Starlord and Drax were so mediocre as to be beyond belief. If you want to encounter some real crap deal with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
    I absolutely loathed it. It was the cause of my rapidly dropping numerous Marvel books for its retconning of both simple history (ie, Gamora was raised alone; Thanos does not respect Nebula's false claims to familial relation), and emotional history (ie, Thanos's relationship with Gamora, which was not, as Perlman notes "abuse and torture", despite also writing that into the movie and removing any nuance from that relationship, and making Gamora a complete doofus who, rather than having familial attachment to a rather evil being who showed concern for her...followed someone who tortured her because reasons, before suddenly realizing torture was bad, because reasons)
    I actually like this recon of Gamora's history. I think it works quite well and I'm really enjoying this series. Or mini-series since I assume this will be a short run.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

Gamora and Rocket Raccoon by Ron Frenz
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....day_ron_frenz/

Astonishing Member

Hope that any Gamora Fans have gotten the Third Issue of NOVA; since there's a Cameo of her within the final pages of said Issue.

Also, she's been seen (and along with the GotG) within MONSTERS UNLEASED #2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Can't wait to see more of Gamora's GROUNDED Situation within Next Week's GOTG #17.