Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    She doesn't seem very deadly anymore. More a shadow of her former self. All she does is get beaten up pretty badly by anyone and everyone in GOG.
    Maybe this would be a good place to post some scans of her actually living up to that reputation then?

Personally I cannot recall that much, but I have not read all of her appearances either.

BANNED

It's better then being a punching bag for sure!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Maybe this would be a good place to post some scans of her actually living up to that reputation then?

Personally I cannot recall that much, but I have not read all of her appearances either.

Gamora beating Thanos

Last edited by Tofali; 12-18-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    So, is continuity just completely out the window now? The comics universe is now aping the movies? Nebula is now a robot, born a robot, and is raised by Thanos? You know, rather than a flesh and blood space pirate who claimed to be Thanos's relative, drew his ire, was destroyed and then put back together as an android? Does anybody even bother to read character bios before writing comics anymore? Or is the only prerequisite watching a movie?
    I feel your pain and agree wholeheartedly. Ugh.

Niffleheim

She got burnt to a crisp and survived

Niffleheim

Gamora Vs Ronan

Niffleheim

Nova #4

BANNED

Happy 40th anniversary 616 Richard Rider aka Nova!!! 1976-2016

616 Gamora celebrating this achievement with the Nova Prime himself.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    So, is continuity just completely out the window now? The comics universe is now aping the movies? Nebula is now a robot, born a robot, and is raised by Thanos? You know, rather than a flesh and blood space pirate who claimed to be Thanos's relative, drew his ire, was destroyed and then put back together as an android? Does anybody even bother to read character bios before writing comics anymore? Or is the only prerequisite watching a movie?

Uggh.
    In Thanos #2 Nebula is still shown to be a pirate here fighting over a box for The Collector

Some old continuity about Nebula are still in play as seen in Thanos #2

Gamora #1

Last edited by Tofali; 12-21-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Niffleheim

With a first arc titled Memonto Mori i pray it lives up to that title and the deadliest woman in the galaxy coz i'm so ready for this. Great beginnings so far and the inclusion of Thanos and Nebula family drama was entertaining. The Badoons have to remember that they have to die

I'm being spoiled having a Thanos and a Gamora ongoing while he is also playing a supporting role in Gamora. Cosmic ongoings are going to rule my 2017 pull-list.
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-21-2016 at 01:26 PM.

So I quite enjoyed the first issue of Gamora's series, but I fully recognize it is an MCU retcon. What did you long time Gamora fans think of her #1?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    So I quite enjoyed the first issue of Gamora's series, but I fully recognize it is an MCU retcon. What did you long time Gamora fans think of her #1?
    I really enjoyed it but yeah...I was expecting it to be pretty MCU-heavy but even so it still bothered me some. But it was a good first issue and the art is really good so I'm not disappointed. Unfortunately I didn't feel like I really got to know Gamora's "voice" in this issue so I can't really say. I'm just hoping it's not too similar to the MCU and I don't think it will tbh. I like how it's not afraid to be a darker book. That'll separate it for sure.

As an MCU book it reads okay.

That said, having every Gamora appearence and being a stickler to continuity this issue bugs me.

Expecially when it comes to Nebula!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    As an MCU book it reads okay.

That said, having every Gamora appearence and being a stickler to continuity this issue bugs me.

Expecially when it comes to Nebula!
    The Nebula thing is especially bad considering the issue of Thanos that came out the exact same day (#2) had Nebula in it and specifically referenced her being a space pirate that pretended to be Thanos's grand daughter and receiving his wrath because of it.