Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There's not really any difference between a natural universe and a sufficiently detailed simulation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    There's not really any difference between a natural universe and a sufficiently detailed simulation.
    Right. There's also no real difference between a statement that has meaning and sufficiently well-crafted pseudo-intellectual garbage that is ripe for being retweeted and posted as a Facebook status. At least, as far as some people are concerned apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Right. There's also no real difference between a statement that has meaning and sufficiently well-crafted pseudo-intellectual garbage that is ripe for being retweeted and posted as a Facebook status. At least, as far as some people are concerned apparently.
    You'd better credit me.

I'd rather Secret Invasion and/or Secret Wars for the next crossover. If they have one.

I enjoyed Hickman's F4 and hope they adapt part of it in the future.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I enjoyed Hickman's F4 and hope they adapt part of it in the future.
    Absolutely 100% Hickman's portal of the Fantastic Four and Mister Fantastic was by far and away the most interesting.

It is my sincerest hope that Dr. Strange & The Multiverse of Madness introduces the Fantastic Four and paves the way to introducing Hickman's incursions and eventually to introducing Hickman's the entire Marvel Multiverse is a simulation created and maintained by the Beyonders idea.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 02-23-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the existence of simulation theory is evidence that intelligence and stupidity are not mutually exclusive states.
    So you are now saying that Bostrom, this guy...
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...igence-machine

...is stupid, just because you don't understand why he believes that there maybe far more layers to our universe that we cannot perceive, and the signals that our eyes and our satellites pick up maybe but a small fraction of what is actually out there.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 02-23-2021 at 03:49 PM.

So...the MCU is crossing over with the Matrix? Is that what this is?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So...the MCU is crossing over with the Matrix? Is that what this is?
    Not exactly. In the Matrix, humans are prisoners in the "real" world. In simulation theory, humans are algorithms that can only exist inside the machine.

There are some kinds of stories that are better told in the medium of comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    There are some kinds of stories that are better told in the medium of comics.
    I honestly never thought that Civil War or Infinity Gauntlet would ever translate to film, but they made for excellent films. I see no reason that Hickmans New Avengers would translate even better.

Astonishing Member

Hickman's entire run of NA/Avengers was just too decompressed (like parts of his X-Men run)and it definitely suffered from rewrites especially near the end.

Extraordinary Member

I did not care for Hickman's Avengers run. It was overblown tedious and kinda dull.

The Black Order were a cool addition of cosmic bad guys, every other new character in that run was forgetable.

Secret Wars was a fun idea with a grand story. But the MCU version would be very differet, and probably all the better for it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I did not care for Hickman's Avengers run. It was overblown tedious and kinda dull.

The Black Order were a cool addition of cosmic bad guys, every other new character in that run was forgetable.

Secret Wars was a fun idea with a grand story. But the MCU version would be very differet, and probably all the better for it.
    His Avengers run was indeed awful and boring.

But his New Avengers storyline leading into Secret Wars was the best comic storyline Ive ever read, by far. And Hickmans Fantastic Four run was also almost as good.

Spectacular Member

The multiverse war that Loki series repeatedly talks about is the same thing as the Incursions in the New Avengers arc. Loki is beautifully setting all this up.

Thanos failed at keeping the resources the simulation is taking up under control by pruning the population.

The TVA will likewise fail and the multiverse will remerge and use up way more resources than the Beyonders allocated to the simulation.

The incursions are coming, and Thanos failing and Loki ending the TVA will be the cause, its going to be amazing and its going to make the Infinity War story arc look like a childs game.

Those who read Hickman’s amazing New Avengers storyline about the Illuminati and the Incursions and the Fantastic Four series that led to that storyline will probably agree that this is one of the greatest story arcs in comicbook history.

And with the latest episode’s reveal that someone else is behind the TVA, I cant help but think the Beyonders are ultimately behind the whole thing.

Yes. Kang is likely the immediate leader. But who is behind Kang, Galactus, Thanos and all the similar entities that are constantly driven to prune the omniverse? The same Beyonders that put a Universe ending kill code inside every universe (Molecule Man).

It’s like how we first found out about Thanos in the post credit scene of Avengers 1. We will find out about Kang in the post credits scene of the Loki finale and find out about the Beyonders in the post credit scene of Kang’s film.

Who else cares more about pruning the multiverse and keeping it resource efficient more than the being running the whole thing? The Beyonders are almost certainly behind entities like Thanos and Galactus that serve to keep the multiverse managable...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-a-Simulation)

I just hope the MCU gets the Russo Brothers to direct the eventual films about the Incursions and the war between the Avengers and The Great Society (aka. The Justice League).
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 07-05-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Incredible Member

I like the singularity concept. It was one of the reasons that Cyborg Rebirth is my all time favorite comic run. I don't pay too much attention to Marvel these days or any current comics tbh. But I'm going to check it out when I get a chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abetterday; 07-04-2021 at 11:54 AM.