Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1523
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    They don't. Spider-Man is said to begin 'minutes' after the end of Avengers 4. My guess is that Peter ends up back on the bus where he was at the beginning of IW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Then he’s doesnt get to become an Avenger after all?
    I really don't know. I'm just speculating that this whole thing (IW/A4) is going to end at the point it began except with some reality changes and maybe altered memories. But I've really no clue
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-05-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    They don't. Spider-Man is said to begin 'minutes' after the end of Avengers 4. My guess is that Peter ends up back on the bus where he was at the beginning of IW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Miles Morales?
    I don't know what this means but I'm going with no.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-05-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    There's a good reason he has a beard but it's a spoiler.
    I saw the movie and never knew that. What is it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    There's a good reason he has a beard but it's a spoiler.
    Was he eating too much of a particular fruit or other tasty morsels? Lol

All-Different Member backstreetboyd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think Vision will be rebuilt but emotionless and Gamora will be brought back thanks to the soul stone and everyone who turned to ash doesn't count. The only two who will stay dead IMO is Heimdall and Loki if but Loki only if there is no Thor 4 if they do a Thor 4 I could see him being resurrected some how down the road.
    Agree about both Vision and Gamora, although I can't decide whether I think Vision's gonna stick around after Avengers 4 or not. I want him and Wanda to both stick around, but the Avengers lineup is likely gonna be pretty stuffed as-is post-Avengers 4 without adding non-franchise leads. Now, if they make a Vision movie in the vein of Tom King & Gabriel Walta's run, he'll definitely stick around, but as far as I know, there hasn't been any conversation about that. Even though it would be awesome.

Loki, though, I'm pretty sure is gone for good. a) Resurrecting him would mean two fake deaths for one character, and the fans are already complaining about death being fake in Marvel as-is; b) they even had Thor say, "this time felt different," and when you've got a character say that in the movie, going back on that word doesn't just feel unnecessary; it feels duplicitous, like the movie lied to you about a character you're (presumably) invested in. Even if they do Thor 4 - which I think is pretty likely, given Taika & Hemsworth's mutual enthusiasm - I think Loki stays dead. The one circumstance that I think he might come back is if they do Kid Loki (which OH MY GOSH I WOULD DIE FOR), but even then, he would just be playing either Ikol or King Loki, neither of which is a true resurrection.

Best comic movie ever perhaps. Really is the cream of the crop for the Marvel films. I mean, I don't even think I can go back and watch those solo Ant-Man or Thor movies ever again after watching this.

My one gripe with this film is how they were nerfing a lot of the characters. Especially Scarlet Witch, she has reality-warping powers too so.......why do they have to limit her so much?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Best comic movie ever perhaps. Really is the cream of the crop for the Marvel films. I mean, I don't even think I can go back and watch those solo Ant-Man or Thor movies ever again after watching this.

My one gripe with this film is how they were nerfing a lot of the characters. Especially Scarlet Witch, she has reality-warping powers too so.......why do they have to limit her so much?
    Her powers can be difficult to be written in movies,so pretty much she is a telekinetic with sort of empathetic/mind powers.In a way,that change worked in many ways. Both Vision and Wanda are connected with the mind gem,so it creates a nice dynamic about their connection.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hear alot of reviews praising RDJ. I think Josh Brolin should get most the praise. He's humanized a character that is real hard to humanize.

But yea whenever we saw Thanos from profile or behind and it was just his head that had to be an animatronic head. Looked way too real.

The ending we know isnt permanent so.it didn't hit me too hard except for people reactions like Rocket to grout and Tony to Peter. But what real death hit you guys the hardest? Loki? Gamora? Vision? Or Heimdall? Think it was Gamora for me but mostly because of Thanos reaction.
    To me, Loki was actually something of a mercy-killing, as they'd already torn the guts out of the MCU's most interesting villain in Thor: Ragnarok.

Extraordinary Member

a surprisingly gutsy movie coming from Disney. I knew there'd be some deaths, but ho boy.

only real nitpick is that Star Lord was among those turned to dust. I feel that that is wasted potential with everything that's happened to him and how he ruined his own plan to prevent this. but I guess they plan to focus on Tony's guilt and sense of failure in the next movie and felt that having Star Lord go through much the same thing would be redundant.

really, other than that, this is how you do a movie cliffhanger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    a surprisingly gutsy movie coming from Disney. I knew there'd be some deaths, but ho boy.

only real nitpick is that Star Lord was among those turned to dust. I feel that that is wasted potential with everything that's happened to him and how he ruined his own plan to prevent this. but I guess they plan to focus on Tony's guilt and sense of failure in the next movie and felt that having Star Lord go through much the same thing would be redundant.

really, other than that, this is how you do a movie cliffhanger.
    You do know all the deaths will be undone...right...?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post

No, and you don't know that either.

Anyone found Ebony Maw looks really like Darth Plagueis?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah. That's a given. But in-universe they don't know that, and it doesn't change the fact that for a full year the status quo of the MCU will be that half the cast, 3.5 billion humans, and half the universe are dead.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yeah. That's a given. But in-universe they don't know that, and it doesn't change the fact that for a full year the status quo of the MCU will be that half the cast, 3.5 billion humans, and half the universe are dead.
    And that's where I think the audience can have two different reactions on two levels. As a long-time comic book reader although I felt some shock, I knew many if not most of the deaths will be reversed; but I also felt what the characters in-universe would feel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Consider this, everyone that thinks they know that everyone that was turned to ash will just be brought back in an equally magical manner. The movie scriptwriters and the directors will play with your expectations. This isn't some Hollywood made-by-committee formula. If it was a formula driven story we wouldn't have had this movie. Tried and tested formulas don't include the villain as protagonist. Everyone working on these movies knows what we expect. They have read the comics just like us. They set this cliffhanger up on purpose. They know full well that everyone will be speculating for the next year and they know the obvious predictions that will emerge. They will not do those things.

We already know the next movie will conform to an entirely different genre. That means the next movie will not be a direct continuation of this one. It will not be an extension of the final act of this existing story. It will have its own act structure, it's own premise, it's own rising action, it's own reversals and surprises. It will not conform to the original comic, even if some of those elements from the story will be in it. It will be new and fresh. Think how the very same team played with our expectations during Captain America Civil War.

The next movie will probably be a similar length to this one. The predictions we keep hearing from everyone would last less than an hour, and would be the same genre. Those predictions would also be boring and unlikely to hold an audience. The next movie will be surprising. Let's not pretend we know what will happen.