Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1523
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Plus the Guardians who are left, of course!
    ROCKET: "There's only one of me here, pal."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Evans has said he's through after A4, and RDJ's been playing chicken with Marvel since after A1. But did I miss something about Hemsworth hanging up his hammer?
    No. Hemsworth is likely the one most likely to come back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Loki's story ended. He made peace with Thor and in his last moments,he called himself "Loki Odinson",accepting his asgardian family.In his final moments,he wasn't an outkast,but a true Asgardian and member of the royal family.
    There's an entire storyline in the comics about a reborn and reformed Loki. I sincerely doubt Marvel won't at least try to capitalize on it in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I still think the most likely option is that the heroes somehow get hold of the gauntlet (or just the time stone) and reverse back to before Thanos completed the gauntlet and snapped his fingers. Is it really plausible that the soul stone could hold 3 or 4 billion souls in it? And even if they could be released, their bodies are all dust. A time rewind would address that problem.

I could see how Gamora's soul could be in the stone, since she was specifically sacrificed to it.
    You're asking what's plausible, with regards to the Infinity Stones?

First, there wouldn't be billions. There would be trillions upon trillions upon trillions.

Second, in the first story, Adam Warlock used the soul gem to attack the gauntlet bearer herself.

The same, IMO, is likely to happen here, because Strange was prepared, T'Challa knows his way around the spirit realm and Spidey can give some quips.

It could be that the soul gem acts as limbo, and the people who died and accepted their deaths, can't be revived. There's gotta be a ticking clock of some kind.

But unless the directors themselves flat out say 'nothing happens in the soul gem', it's not unreasonable to assume that's where the 'dead' are.

I'm okay with Loki surviving/resurrecting if he becomes a woman.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

He might become a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    ROCKET: "There's only one of me here, pal."
    We need Kraglin. Now more than ever.

Evans has said he's through after A4, and RDJ's been playing chicken with Marvel since after A1. But did I miss something about Hemsworth hanging up his hammer?
    By "Cap/Thor/Stark's last hurrah", I think it's more about how A4 is likely the last time we'll see The Big Three together, at least in this fashion. They definitely weren't together in this movie (odd to note that Thor and Stark never actually saw each other, even though they keep getting more and more mutual friends).
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-17-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yep, and maybe Stallone and his crew.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    He was confirmed alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yep, and maybe Stallone and his crew.
    Somebody needs to ask if they're alive. I bet they're dead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hemsworth likes working with Taika Waititi too much to stop doing Thor movies just yet.

How did Thanos decimate Xandar? They got the Power Gem and their technology is very advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    How did Thanos decimate Xandar? They got the Power Gem and their technology is very advanced.
    Their defensive fleet was decimated by Ronan, they had the Power Gem locked away and presumably no one capable of using it

Lest we forget Thanos had a massive and advanced army of his own he'd been using to invade and cull planets for decades, would assume in the post Ronan invasion he'd be more than capable of doing it.

Spectacular Member

The two conflicts prior to the movie might actually serve as a good explanation as to why you never see an actually fleet, i.e. the battle of Xandar was costly and maybe even the fight with the Asgardians.

Ultimate Member

Their point defenses suck, though. Ronan was able to overwhelm them with just one ship, and Thanos' is far bigger than that one.

All things considered, it was probably your basic smash and grab. Get in, overwhelm, and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Their defensive fleet was decimated by Ronan, they had the Power Gem locked away and presumably no one capable of using it

Lest we forget Thanos had a massive and advanced army of his own he'd been using to invade and cull planets for decades, would assume in the post Ronan invasion he'd be more than capable of doing it.
    Thanos' army is like flies compare to the Power Gem. It was capable to destroy a planet with ease.

Unless Xandar is that stupid, they are going to use the gem when they detect such huge danger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Their point defenses suck, though. Ronan was able to overwhelm them with just one ship, and Thanos' is far bigger than that one.

All things considered, it was probably your basic smash and grab. Get in, overwhelm, and get out.
    Ronan could do it because he got the Power Gem.