Page 93 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1523

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I've always found Sif to be extraordinarily bland. That could just be the writing of two terrible movies, of course, but I was much more interested in Valkyrie.

Though, female Thor or not, keeping Thor and Portman separate is ok in my book.
    That's precisely why I think Sif should get Thor treatment over Valkyrie. Valkyrie is already really cool and has her own thing going on. Sif just has the warrior thing going on,(like Thor) and could really get a lot of great character development by becoming Thor.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I've always found Sif to be extraordinarily bland. That could just be the writing of two terrible movies, of course, but I was much more interested in Valkyrie.

Though, female Thor or not, keeping Thor and Portman separate is ok in my book.
    In the films, I agree, but I liked her turn on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. Probably because they gave her a story other than stabbing people.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I love Sif. She's dust at the moment, but I'm sure that won't matter after Avengers 4.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Way to go, Loki. He tricked himself into getting killed
    I suspect the real reason Loki was killed off is that he tends to steal Thor's thunder - literally.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I suspect the real reason Loki was killed off is that he tends to steal Thor's thunder - literally.
    Loki has had Thor's powers in the movies!? Did I miss something there!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Boisterously Confused

In A1 and the first two Thor films, I quiet agree. However, I was happier to see him removed than to endure the character that Ragnarok had left us with; little more than a dim shadow of the ruthless and charismatic sociopath his first appearances gave us.

BANNED

Are you suggesting that the money-making crowd favorite was killed because he makes money and is a crowd favorite? That's some interesting business logic.

(Plus, pretty sure he's coming back)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Are you suggesting that the money-making crowd favorite was killed because he makes money and is a crowd favorite? That's some interesting business logic.

(Plus, pretty sure he's coming back)
    Why do u think Loki is coming back? What would they do with him? Hes run his course redemption arc and all. Maybe he makes an appearance in avengers 4 but it wont be a ressurected Loki. It will be a past or alternate and after the movie Loki his still dead. Theres nothing really left to do with him

The most likely way to reverse the dusting of half the universe is to use the Time Stone to turn back time to before Thanos did it. If they turn it back just a little further they can also bring back characters like Loki, Heimdall, Gamora and Vision who died from causes other than the dusting.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The most likely way to reverse the dusting of half the universe is to use the Time Stone to turn back time to before Thanos did it. If they turn it back just a little further they can also bring back characters like Loki, Heimdall, Gamora and Vision who died from causes other than the dusting.
    Some people just need to die. Loki and Heimdall have no further purpose to serve unless someone thinks thor is gonna be the first character to get a 4th film. Gamora and the dusted heroes are inside the soul gem(Didnt Russos confirm this or maybe just for gamora) They probaly just have to be free'd. Vision can be rebuilt and Loki and Heimdall should stay dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Why do u think Loki is coming back? What would they do with him? Hes run his course redemption arc and all. Maybe he makes an appearance in avengers 4 but it wont be a ressurected Loki. It will be a past or alternate and after the movie Loki his still dead. Theres nothing really left to do with him
    Well, I'm assuming a little too much from the comic story there. In that case Nebula used the time stone to revert everything back to 24 hours earlier - essentially to just before the story started. I'm assuming something similar here.

Bringing him back doesn't mean he has to continue to be used. On the other hand, it would be bad business to not use him until the audience proves they are tired of him.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Well, I'm assuming a little too much from the comic story there. In that case Nebula used the time stone to revert everything back to 24 hours earlier - essentially to just before the story started. I'm assuming something similar here.

Bringing him back doesn't mean he has to continue to be used. On the other hand, it would be bad business to not use him until the audience proves they are tired of him.
    Ok I see what your saying. Yea i dont think Loki gets to ride if into the sunset. I feel like hes a character who needs to die when his arc is done.

My guess is that Loki and Heimdall stay dead, Gamora gets brought back, and Vision gets re-created but with no memories of his past life. (If he could be simply rebuilt and rebooted, Wanda wouldn't have been so devastated by his death.)

All of the dusted people are coming back, obviously, and I think a time reversal is most likely since all of the bodies are destroyed. I'm not sure if a full year will pass "in story" between the two movies or if 4 will follow right on after 3, but any events between now and then would get removed from continuity (including the Ant-Man movie).

A lot of bad things could be undone, but so could a lot of good things. A big question would be whether people would remember the things that happened during the time that gets rewound. Based on what's happened on Agents of SHIELD I'm guessing they would.

If they bring everyone back by reversing time, I expect there will be a price to be paid in the form of some major accomplishment or good thing getting erased from reality by the rewind.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    My guess is that Loki and Heimdall stay dead, Gamora gets brought back, and Vision gets re-created but with no memories of his past life. (If he could be simply rebuilt and rebooted, Wanda wouldn't have been so devastated by his death.)

All of the dusted people are coming back, obviously, and I think a time reversal is most likely since all of the bodies are destroyed. I'm not sure if a full year will pass "in story" between the two movies or if 4 will follow right on after 3, but any events between now and then would get removed from continuity (including the Ant-Man movie).

A lot of bad things could be undone, but so could a lot of good things. A big question would be whether people would remember the things that happened during the time that gets rewound. Based on what's happened on Agents of SHIELD I'm guessing they would.

If they bring everyone back by reversing time, I expect there will be a price to be paid in the form of some major accomplishment or good thing getting erased from reality by the rewind.
    Antman and the wasp takes place before so it depends how far back in time they go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In A1 and the first two Thor films, I quiet agree. However, I was happier to see him removed than to endure the character that Ragnarok had left us with; little more than a dim shadow of the ruthless and charismatic sociopath his first appearances gave us.
    That's what happens when the villain becomes too popular and they have to make him more anti-hero'ish to explain why he's always in the movies and not trying to kill Thor all the time.