Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

I liked the movie but I'm not over the moon about it. Biggest positive is how they really got into Thanos to make him three-dimensional and not a ha ha ha villain. Biggest negative was the fight cause they were done in a way where the action happened too quickly and I could barely see what was happening. They were more bad Russo(Cap vs Winter Soldier highway scene) than good Russos (airport scene in Civil War).

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Saw it again. Had random thoughts:

Did Strange give Thanos the time stone because willingly handing it over instead of defending it to the death was key to their one chance in a million for victory?

Is Vision actually dead, or will he be assume his emotionless yellow form from his west coast Avengers days?

Was the vision of Gamora that Thanos spoke with at the end of the film an avatar of Lady Death?

Can Groot regenerate himself from the handle of Thor's Axe?

Will Thor learn the difference betwixt a raccoon and a rabbit?
    In the case if Vision I'm thinking Adam Warlock could bring him back. Also Warlock could be a key in defeating Thanos, he somehow could be a walking gem himself. He could affect the soul gem.

Another way to bring Vision back could be via something similar to what happened in the comics. They used the brain patterns of Simon Williams/Wonder Man. In the movieverse, Simon could be a scientist charged to bring back Vision and he doesn't tell anyone and use a new energy he discovered and linking part of his essensse to do it. But what it does is change him too, gives him powers.

About Thanos, I was disappointed to see Gamora in the sort of after life instead of Death.

-----------

Now personally I want to see Red Skull back in action. He was somehow guarding the soul gem but there has something else to this whole thing where he would want to replace what was lost by the death of so many people. Thanos is out of action, he did what he wanted, maybe you need a new threat going forward with a ultimate showdown between him and Cap.

Concerning Bucky's arm, I was hoping they would have given him Klaw's arm. It was such a simple link to make, I don't know what they did not do it.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 04-28-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I don't think you're following my points here...

Of course I realize that our corporate overlords don't do away with their cash cows lightly. In the context of Infinity War, killing off only minor characters or ones who already have sequels slated for the immediate future WHILE AT THE SAME TIME leaving the entirety of the original Avengers lineup (most of whom have expiring contracts after next year) intact was terrible move that cheapened the impact of Thanos's victory. Of course we all know his "snap" is going to be undone, but it would've made for a more dramatic and more interesting quest in Avengers 4 if the heroes who were left alive didn't have the likes of Thor or Iron Man or Captain America to help them. There was no real loss there for the team. They all still have each other. The new people they've picked up along the way are just temporarily gone.
    I think you miss the point of the movie this was about setting up this biggest villain in MCU history and they did he kicked their butts through the film and killed half the universe with a snap of his fingers. Now the question is how will our OG Avengers defeat this guy in Avengers 4 in their big Swan Song film which will be a passing of the torch namely to Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    In the case if Vision I'm thinking Adam Warlock could bring him back. Also Warlock could be a key in defeating Thanos, he somehow could be a walking gem himself. He could affect the soul gem.

Another way to bring Vision back could be via something similar to what happened in the comics. They used the brain patterns of Simon Williams/Wonder Man. In the movieverse, Simon could be a scientist charged to bring back Vision and he doesn't tell anyone and use a new energy he discovered and linking part of his essensse to do it. But what it does is change him too, gives him powers.

About Thanos, I was disappointed to see Gamora in the sort of after life instead of Death.

-----------

Now personally I want to see Red Skull back in action. He was somehow guarding the soul gem but there has something else to this whole thing where he would want to replace what was lost by the death of so many people. Thanos is out of action, he did what he wanted, maybe you need a new threat going forward with a ultimate showdown between him and Cap.
    I think we need to give up on invoking Adam Warlock. GotG vol.3 comes out and takes place after A4. Small chance that Adam Warlock will make an appearance prior to that

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I heard that mistake got that delivery man fired, rumor has it he’s a bus driver now
    Hahaha well played!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Curious if we’ll see another arrested development Easter egg in avengers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I think we need to give up on invoking Adam Warlock. GotG vol.3 comes out and takes place after A4. Small chance that Adam Warlock will make an appearance prior to that
    But it would be stupid. He is Thanos' number one enemy. It's like having a Joker movie where he faces heroes and no Batman.

But it would be stupid. He is Thanos' number one enemy. It's like having a Joker movie where he faces heroes and no Batman.
    Hahaha that would be an absurd movie.

But think of it this way- we've been watching these movies for ten years. We're invested (especially those who haven't read the comics) in the characters that are onscreen. Even Captain Marvel is getting an introduction prior to A4. From a storytelling standpoint, I think it would be immensely challenging to bring Warlock out of nowhere (especially with his altered origin) and make him the solution to Thanos. I think you'd have to have Warlock develop as a character to some degree before introducing him as Thanos' nemesis

Which brings me to another topic of discussion: why didn't they keep Death as his motivation?

In the comics, the Cosmic Aspects were already well established when IG was published. It was a natural succession of events. But in the MCU, we have yet to meet any of the Cosmic Pantheon. Unless you want to count the Celestials. Hell, they may NEVER include the concept of Cosmic Aspects. (But they're close-weve gotten 2 Elders of the Universe and 2 Celestials, be it as it may)...so to introduce Death would be a little ungainly. Not impossible but a challenge. We've seen Thanos since 2012 I think...and yet Death was never mentioned. Very challenging to pull off. Just making him insane with an absurd crusade to balance the universe was easier to pull off

Hahaha that would be an absurd movie.

But think of it this way- we've been watching these movies for ten years. We're invested (especially those who haven't read the comics) in the characters that are onscreen. Even Captain Marvel is getting an introduction prior to A4. From a storytelling standpoint, I think it would be immensely challenging to bring Warlock out of nowhere (especially with his altered origin) and make him the solution to Thanos. I think you'd have to have Warlock develop as a character to some degree before introducing him as Thanos' nemesis
    Well they introduced Vision in one movie and we got invested in him during it. Picture this, during Infinity War 2, someone is speaking to some of the heroes in their dreams and he is saying "I will save you!". They all wake up like they have lived a religious experience. They start talking to each other and realise they all had the same dream and they go on a mission to find that powerful entity. They find him, breach the coccoon and boom Warlock is born and ready to lead them to the promise land.

Warlock could be someone pretty weird and scary and you have the heroes not sure if they should follow him. They even think he could be a menace as great as Thanos but have no chance but to follow him.

Which brings me to another topic of discussion: why didn't they keep Death as his motivation?

In the comics, the Cosmic Aspects were already well established when IG was published. It was a natural succession of events. But in the MCU, we have yet to meet any of the Cosmic Pantheon. Unless you want to count the Celestials. Hell, they may NEVER include the concept of Cosmic Aspects. (But they're close-weve gotten 2 Elders of the Universe and 2 Celestials, be it as it may)...so to introduce Death would be a little ungainly. Not impossible but a challenge. We've seen Thanos since 2012 I think...and yet Death was never mentioned. Very challenging to pull off. Just making him insane with an absurd crusade to balance the universe was easier to pull off
    After he killed half the Universe, I even thought he would see Death but they showed...Gamora. Which was mind-boggling.

Furthermore, in the movie they say that the Universe spawned the gem from the big bang which was disappointing and lacking imagination considering that I think in the comics they say that it was Cosmic entities that forged the gems. I think Death was one of them, Eternity was another, Infinity too and maybe one or a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    The reason I think the directors didn't go that route with Thanos is because then they wouldn't be able to explain why he simply doesn't kill the heroes on the spot. This Thanos gives them an out.

This Spider-Man just started out (like he has less then a year or so under his belt) his biggest threat was the Vulture, I say give him some time.

Edit; I heard they wanted the Silver Surfer to appear but they couldn't, it wasn't allowed.
    Except you know he did try to kill the heroes on the Spot. HE decimated the Asgardians, leaving only Thor Alive to tell the tale (Comic Thanos tends to do that too I think), He slaughtered the NOva Corps (off screen), Killed Gamora, Stabbed Stark, Killed Vision, and not to mention half the universe. So he's still Evil just missing that extra ego boost that I was expecting

YEs, Spider-Man just started out, I get that but still though can he get up off of Stark's nuts. Litterally everytime he's on screen, Yes Mr. Stark sir, no Mr. Stark sir, I'm sorry sir....jeez. And you mean to tell me that Peter Quill can get the the drop on him? THey showed he has Spider-sense, so where was it? Spider-Man is supposed to be a bit cocky because you know...he's the Amazing Spider-Man, not Iron-Lad or Iron Kid jr. And now he's dead...for now.

NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME IF SILVER SURFER SHOWED UP!!!!! Which is why I still believe that the end credit scene would have been so much more satisfying if it would have been the Logo for the Fantastic Four. Captain Marvel is great but still though, I'm not sure how she'll tip the balance. They're are plenty super-strong people in the MCU, this Thanos situation will need a technological approach or something mystical. OH! DOCTOR DOOM maybe.

After he killed half the Universe, I even thought he would see Death but they showed...Gamora. Which was mind-boggling.

Furthermore, in the movie they say that the Universe spawned the gem from the big bang which was disappointing and lacking imagination considering that I think in the comics they say that it was Cosmic entities that forged the gems. I think Death was one of them, Eternity was another, Infinity too and maybe one or a few others.
    QFT. THey missed a big opportunity to expand upon the cosmic element with the Gems. I was hoping to see somethign about the other Cosmic entities. Eternity, Celestials, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    QFT. THey missed a big opportunity to expand upon the cosmic element with the Gems. I was hoping to see somethign about the other Cosmic entities. Eternity, Celestials, etc...
    At least have the Celestials create the gems. They are like cosmic scientists.

In the comics they say that there was some being that existed before the creation.of the universe and he divided his being into the gems.

...about your Warlock idea vs Vision: the groundwork for vision was laid by Ultron, which was on turn laid by Avengers 1...there was a cascade of events...I personally think it would be too jarring for Warlock to all of a sudden being the answer to Thanos after coming out of some random cocoon. Vision made sense because he was almost like a mirror image of Ultron. Like I said, it's not impossible to introduce Warlock in A4, but it is problematic.

BANNED

We've seen Thanos since 2012 I think...and yet Death was never mentioned. Very challenging to pull off. Just making him insane with an absurd crusade to balance the universe was easier to pull off
    His first appearance was to say something like "To challenge them would be to court Death." With a smile of anticipation.