Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The Cosmic entities had nothing to do with the gems in the comics. There never really has been a full in canon explanation for them, although there was one given in the Ultraverse stories (not canon).
    It was a retcon from Hickman's Avengers run I believe where the new origin was what I described.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am happy with the way Thanos motivation was depicted in the film, but I feel like they could have also incorporated lady death without it seemig silly to main stream audiences. There were rumors that the MCU would swap out Lady Death with Hela the goddess of death from Ragnorok. I honestly think that could have worked along side the motivation seen in the film.
    Maybe they are going to do that in IW2 because Hela has become an ally of Thanos in the comics. Also it would have easy to do Death when Thanos saw kid Gamora in the afterlife. It wouldn't have been silly cause it is the afterlife after all.

Now as far Doctor Strange, I liked him a lot in the movie, although they have yet used him like I want to, mainly as someone to be really scared of. Like I wish that even Thanos would have been, he could have shown him his worst fears for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    It was a retcon from Hickman's Avengers run I believe where the new origin was what I described.
    The only thing Hickman added to the canon with regards to the Infinity gems was that they only work in their own native universe. They were all destroyed early.kn in New Avengers when Steve Rogers pushes an alternate Earth through the incursion zone. Then in Secret Wars Strange found a fragment of a reality that had all 6 gems and that where he built Doomstadt in case there was ever a need to overthrow Doom.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    People at my theater were pissed. Never seen people so salty over a movie ending. spoilers:
    When Black Panther got disseminated half the theater got upset. Kids were crying when Spider-Man died. There were a few guys who were upset Cap and Tony didn't die as they expected them too
    end of spoilers

Seeing this movie get that kind of reaction out of an audience is amazing.
    Saw it happen with the second hobbit film.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    The only thing Hickman added to the canon with regards to the Infinity gems was that they only work in their own native universe. They were all destroyed early.kn in New Avengers when Steve Rogers pushes an alternate Earth through the incursion zone. Then in Secret Wars Strange found a fragment of a reality that had all 6 gems and that where he built Doomstadt in case there was ever a need to overthrow Doom.
    Dude, I know what I read.

Maybe they are going to do that in IW2 because Hela has become an ally of Thanos in the comics. Also it would have easy to do Death when Thanos saw kid Gamora in the afterlife. It wouldn't have been silly cause it is the afterlife after all.

Now as far Doctor Strange, I liked him a lot in the movie, although they have yet used him like I want to, mainly as someone to be really scared of. Like I wish that even Thanos would have been, he could have shown him his worst fears for example.
    There's so much on the table for Strange. There was a good story that ran through Strange Tales Vol. 3 where he was blinded in one eye by dark magic...he had to team up with Kaluu to reach full potential...he even merged with a god to obtain the "Godhood" in order to face and defeat Shuma-Gorath.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Darkhold movie. I'm kinda meh for a Nightmare movie. If they want to do something with Clea they'd have to wait til the 3rd movie...like a "return to the Dark Dimension" kind of thing. Rintrah would be hilarious but they're not gonna do it

The concept of Thanos loving death doesn't require a romantic aspect. Thanos is fascinated with killing, how it feels and wants to be equal to death itself. A writer has many stuff to play with that, him pleading with death is no different than pleading with a deity for recognition. It's what made Thanos, Thanos but I should not be surprised by the change, for a company with a fanbase that claims "they respect the source material" it doesn't really seem that way, not for me at least. It is what it is, more power for those who like it.

Dude, I know what I read.
    I'm telling you it's not in Hickman's run. I've read Avengers 1-44, New avengers 1-33, and Secret Wars 1-9 multiple times.

But he wasn't in GotG2. It was just a cocoon and Ayesha said "Adam." It would totally be jarring to those who don't know who Warlock is a priori. And it would seem kinda Deus ex machina as well. And remember, it was Warlock's connection with the soul gem and his ingenuity that allowed him to defeat Thanos. He obviously has no such connection as he never bonded with it
    He is a newly created being, he could easily have a connection with the soul gem. Hell maybe he already has a link with it and maybe they used energies from it to create him.

When you create a story you don't have any limits. You can do what the Hell you want.

He is a newly created being, he could easily have a connection with the soul gem. Hell maybe he already has a link with it and maybe they used energies from it to create him.

When you create a story you don't have any limits. You can do what the Hell you want.
    How can he have connection with something he never possessed? If we are using the comic story as a prototype, the High Evolutionary gifted it to him and he bonded with it. How then would he develop a bond with the Soul Stone in this current scenario?

Edit: you can see my point: that in the MCU Adam Warlock is NOT the natural enemy of Thanos. Quite a lot of hoops have to be jumped through to set up this scenario
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 04-28-2018 at 09:39 PM.

I'm telling you it's not in Hickman's run. I've read Avengers 1-44, New avengers 1-33, and Secret Wars 1-9 multiple times.
    If it's not Avengers, I'm not sure what it could have been because I have not read a lot Marvel comics and one of the few runs have been Hickman's Avengers and Bendis' X-Men, Waid's Hulk, Remember's Cap and Fraction Hawkeye.

Not a lot of cosmic stuff. It was either Hickman's Avengers or maybe Bendis' The Illuminati?

How can he have connection with something he never possessed? If we are using the comic story as a prototype, the High Evolutionary gifted it to him and he bonded with it. How then would he develop a bond with the Soul Stone in this current scenario?
    You can come up with any idea possible. It's super-hero stories! In the comics the gem were like living beings that sometime choose their host. If Death itself hand picked Thanos, the soul gem could easily have created a link with a being she liked.

This could literally be a way in to defeat Thanos. The gem fell in love with a perfect being.

will Star Lord redeem himself?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I kind of suspect this isn't going to be the box office record-breaker that many are expecting. I personally was left feeling that it was less than I was hoping for. I don't mean that my expectations were too high. It's more like...I missed the Big Avengers Moment. When the whole team gathers together and does battle.

For the most part the scenes on Titan had me anxious for the next scene to come with another group. Thor's story seemed to take an unnecessarily long time to develop. I would really have loved to Spider-man paired with just about anyone other than Iron Man in this film, since Iron Man/Spider-man is a place we've already been. And Iron Spider never really did it for me.

Loved Tony and Quill together though. Loved Thanos - it was a pleasure to see him de-powered from his comic incarnation and be more interesting - something WB could learn when thinking how to do Superman next. I felt Strange was pivotal to the resolution to be seen in A4, but for the most part in this one he didn't have much to contribute to the story - just waved his arms a lot. Gamora had the most engaging story, I thought, outside of Thanos himself.

I'm guessing none of the deaths we have seen in this movie stick. I think there may some permanent deaths in A4, but right now I'm even looking for Loki to have a return appearance in the next movie.

Without thinking too hard about it, for me personally this film is prolly in the middle third of favorite Marvel movies.
    I felt the same way.

I enjoyed it but I felt that has a structure not only it was a mess but I didn't feel the big moments in my guts. I thought the action scenes were mostly good but I felt like someone was filming a super-hero fight with the camera too close to the action wth shaky cam where it was giving me vertigo. The opposite of the Civil War Airport fight where you could enjoy seeing the action.

If it's not Avengers, I'm not sure what it could have been because I have not read a lot Marvel comics and one of the few runs have been Hickman's Avengers and Bendis' X-Men, Waid's Hulk, Remember's Cap and Fraction Hawkeye.

Not a lot of cosmic stuff. It was either Hickman's Avengers or maybe Bendis' The Illuminati?
    I haven't read Bendis' Illuminati and I refuse to. He's the guy that wrote that the Beyonder was a mutant Inhuman. He never reads anyone else's work and he ignores continuity.

Here is the only origin story I have ever come across (from Thanos Quest)20180429_004904.jpg20180429_004954.jpg