Page 45 of 102 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    You can come up with any idea possible. It's super-hero stories! In the comics the gem were like living beings that sometime choose their host. If Death itself hand picked Thanos, the soul gem could easily have created a link with a being she liked.

This could literally be a way in to defeat Thanos. The gem fell in love with a perfect being.
    That's my point from before- that type of plot is very Deus ex machina

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    The concept of Thanos loving death doesn't require a romantic aspect. Thanos is fascinated with killing, how it feels and wants to be equal to death itself. A writer has many stuff to play with that, him pleading with death is no different than pleading with a deity for recognition. It's what made Thanos, Thanos but I should not be surprised by the change, for a company with a fanbase that claims "they respect the source material" it doesn't really seem that way, not for me at least. It is what it is, more power for those who like it.
    I agree with the concept. To begin with, I was never a fan of the idea that someone would be in love with an actual representation of death. Thanos has always been the ultimate bully. He wants more and more things. In the comics from the get-go, he came off more like a super-powered pirate and before the gem, there were stories where he wanted to aquire everything, including objects of power. He should be someone that enjoy kiling and wanting to surpass death itself, maybe worship it sort of like a motto, a flag whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    will Star Lord redeem himself?
    Probably not in the next movie, that'd be kinda difficult

Review I was waiting for is in

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    That's my point from before- that type of plot is very Deus ex machina
    I don't see the problem. Eventually you will have to beat the guy. What can defeat a being that has all the powers?

It's like in any stories, the villains beat everybody, there's no hope, the hero find Excalibur and saves the day, Warlock would be Excallibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I don't see the problem. Eventually you will have to beat the guy. What can defeat a being that has all the powers?

It's like in any stories, the villains beat everybody, there's no hope, the hero find Excalibur and saves the day, Warlock would be Excallibur.
    Even in the original IG, there was no "exalibur"- warlock found a very clever way to get the gauntlet from Nebula (who happened to grab it from Thanos in a major snafu on his part) or look at Secret Wars (the recent one) - there was no deus ex machina element- Reed and Doom fought mano a mano after Owen Reece decided that Godhood was up for grabs.

Certainly you can have a Deus ex machina story, but it is considerably less satisfying. That's why that term has such a negative connotation

One thing I'm starting to see is people saying they have no idea how you can go from this to Ant Man later this year, thinking about it a smaller scale movie will be a nice change of pace after this, and since the time period for Ant Man is before Infinity War, what if Ant Man is the usual lighthearted low stakes movie... only to end with major people in it turning to ash at the end, showing that it's caught up to Infinity War, that's be a fantastic way to build hype for the next Avengers movie imo

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    One thing I'm starting to see is people saying they have no idea how you can go from this to Ant Man later this year, thinking about it a smaller scale movie will be a nice change of pace after this, and since the time period for Ant Man is before Infinity War, what if Ant Man is the usual lighthearted low stakes movie... only to end with major people in it turning to ash at the end, showing that it's caught up to Infinity War, that's be a fantastic way to build hype for the next Avengers movie imo
    I think that'd be the post credit scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Even in the original IG, there was no "exalibur"- warlock found a very clever way to get the gauntlet from Nebula (who happened to grab it from Thanos in a major snafu on his part) or look at Secret Wars (the recent one) - there was no deus ex machina element- Reed and Doom fought mano a mano after Owen Reece decided that Godhood was up for grabs.

Certainly you can have a Deus ex machina story, but it is considerably less satisfying. That's why that term has such a negative connotation
    But the examples you gave were not that satisfying. I mean Thanos was defeated mainly cause he allowed it and the other we had another Reed-Doom slugfest.

But like I said, there are many ways to defeat a villains, there are no wrong, you just have to find his weakness. And having Warlock, he in one more warrior that would enter frey like any other. That usually what turns new characters into heroes, a big victory right off the bat from a naive noble soul. Hell that's what they are going to do with Captain Marvel.

About The Infinity Gems:

MCU Wiki says the gems were originally singularities left over by the big-bang. These singularities were then forged by Entropy, Infinity, Death, Eternity into the Infinity Gems.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...osmic_Entities

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Throwing this in about Warlock too. Gunn mentioned a while ago when GotG2 came out that Adam was for a future story. He did not say that he was going to be in vol. 3.

Honestly, given we are only left in space with Nebula and Tony, and Nebula probably will be playing a larger role alingbwirh Tony, it could easily be as has been mentioned, Adam calls out to them and Tony, Nebula and Carol end up finding him. Remember he's being made to be a perfect being, and there was enough set up in not only Guardians but also via Vision and even in Infinity War for Adam to show up and help. Yes Carol is going to be the brawn on this quest, but I also have a feeling that they will need magic with them, and Adam is the best for that since the wizard is gone.

I agree that they bust him out of his cocoon and because he's an innocent the gems allow him to rest things to well before the Snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Feige and The Russo's have also talked about the challenge of giving a character as powerful as she is (and they keep hyping up how powerful she's going to be, so they'd better not disappoint there), well challenges. And they talk about giving her "psychological challenges."

So if it's not a distance or "I'm doing other stuff" thing, perhaps there's something about her character itself that's kept Fury from calling her until now?
    Maybe Carol is like Sentry psychologically if he’s so powerful? Like maybe she is locked away in a mental institution? Fury thinks this is the end of everything, so presses the button to let her out, and out comes Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Captain Marvel is being positioned as the super man of the MCU.
    The Superman Of The MU was Sentry and he went nuts.
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-29-2018 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I was thinking Antman & Wasp take place around the same time as the events of Infinity War. Maybe the end of Antman and Wasp sees Hank or maybe Scott’s family get turned to ash due to Thanos, which sets him and Wasp up to appear in Avengers 4.

The big wheels ripping out of the ground in Wakanda chewing up the villain lady. Boy did that backfire on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

The Superman Of The MU was Sentry and he went nuts.
    Yea I know, but I said that because Carol is being positioned as the MCU’s Superman or Wonder Woman with the comments from Kevin and others saying she is the most powerful hero in the MCU etc. Which pretty much spoils how the avengers beat Thanos next year. I feel she will deliver the killing blow in a heroic last minute save.

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking Antman & Wasp take place around the same time as the events of Infinity War. Maybe the end of Antman and Wasp sees Hank or maybe Scott’s family get turned to ash due to Thanos, which sets him and Wasp up to appear in Avengers 4.
    I believe Hank vanishes, and Janet makes it to A4.

BANNED

I feel she will deliver the killing blow in a heroic last minute save.
    Carol will make it possible for bringing the heroes back to fight Thanos again, but the final killing blow, loathe as I am to admit it, will go to Hulk. He always gets the last blow in these movies. Plus it makes sense that, given his storyline, he is given the chance to exact a sort of revenge and, for lack of a better phrase, reassert his manhood.