Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    You can come up with any idea possible. It's super-hero stories! In the comics the gem were like living beings that sometime choose their host. If Death itself hand picked Thanos, the soul gem could easily have created a link with a being she liked.
    Stop. I don't know what you think you read but none of it is right.

Incredible Member

So do you just hold a press conference after something like this and explain what happened? We the avengers failed you so 3.5 billion propeller went poof.

And I’m curious if it’s just the dominant species or if animal life was taken as well? The ecosystem might not like that

Mighty Member

MCU Wiki says the gems were originally singularities left over by the big-bang. These singularities were then forged by Entropy, Infinity, Death, Eternity into the Infinity Gems.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...osmic_Entities
    Despite the fact that these cosmic entities haven't been introduced into the MCU...

Of course Thanos should live.

Adam Warlock will have nothing to do with Avengers Endgame.

Is there still hubbub about Nathan Fillion playing Wonder Man?

Mighty Member

I was wondering why didn't Loki want to give the cube to Thanos? That is what the first Avengers was all about, invading Earth to give Thanos the cube.
    Probably because now that he has double crossed Thanos, and failed in that double cross, and just witnessed most of the Asgardians getting slaughtered not to mention Thor at the mercy of Thanos?

I was wondering why didn't Loki want to give the cube to Thanos? That is what the first Avengers was all about, invading Earth to give Thanos the cube.
    Loki wanted to be king of Midgard. That was clearly no longer on the table. Also, with the loss of Asgard, any such position would seem quite hollow. And yes, Loki isn't the are god he was in Avengers 1.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Despite the fact that these cosmic entities haven't been introduced into the MCU...
    I think you should go back at the beginning of the discussion lol

I think you should go back at the beginning of the discussion lol
    He's correct though- the source for that is "art of GotG." Not exactly canon. The screenwriters may still yet bring those characters into play for A4, but it hasn't happened yet. Nothing onscreen has directly mentioned the Cosmic aspects as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Loki wanted to be king of Midgard. That was clearly no longer on the table. Also, with the loss of Asgard, any such position would seem quite hollow. And yes, Loki isn't the are god he was in Avengers 1.
    He is the God of Mischief, there's always something you can gain.

Also that is the space gem, right. I wonder how much Thanos can affect the other gems when he has a few of them and if Loki could have used it somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    They kind have been, from a certain point of view.

Cosmic_Entities-BTS.jpg

BANNED

gross is at about $250 million domestic

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    He's correct though- the source for that is "art of GotG." Not exactly canon. The screenwriters may still yet bring those characters into play for A4, but it hasn't happened yet. Nothing onscreen has directly mentioned the Cosmic aspects as characters.
    You have to be the most stubborn person I've ever seen. I said I thought the creation of the gems in the movie lacked imagination and thought they should use the cosmic deities creating them.

Hell they could show the mural of deities from the post above and say that these beings created them. You don't have to see them. jeez

Ultimate Member

When is Guardians of the Galaxy 3 set, does anyone know?

Because people keep acting like Adam Warlock being a part of the climax is a done deal, but he's only been hinted at. More than that, he lacks any relationship with Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When is Guardians of the Galaxy 3 set, does anyone know?

Because people keep acting like Adam Warlock being a part of the climax is a done deal, but he's only been hinted at. More than that, he lacks any relationship with Thanos.
    I don't think anyone who knows what they're talking about is suggesting that Warlock is done deal in A4. I would have loved to see him in the story, but at this point his inclusion would be deux ex machina. The Russos are far better than that.

BANNED

my favorite part

walking out of the theater and seeing a 10-11 year old sniffling, like a post hard/ugly cry sniffle

(this was after the post credits)